What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 629 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #9421
OhFiveHemi
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgallardo View Post
Did you remove them prior? and if so can you post how you did the removal?

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
Just pull up
Precisely. At flat head will help too

Blue WK Club Member #41

... | `05 WK - HEMI - QDII - Mods | ... | `07 XK - 3.7L - Stock | ...
OhFiveHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #9422
Tbonfire
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua

Give me them.

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum
Haha I only had to switch then cause I'm having transmission problems and they will void my warranty when I bring it to the dealership Tuesday
Tbonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #9423
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

Is it bad if the stock radio starts to blink every once and a while? Is this a tail tail sign that its going out??
IndyBlueWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 09:16 AM   #9424
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBlueWK View Post
Is it bad if the stock radio starts to blink every once and a while? Is this a tail tail sign that its going out??
How's your battery?
Unread 05-31-2013, 09:44 AM   #9425
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBlueWK
My radio does that sometimes, so does the dome lights. Not sure why
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #9426
toycam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbonfire

Haha I only had to switch then cause I'm having transmission problems and they will void my warranty when I bring it to the dealership Tuesday
I'm curious as to why that would void a warranty
Unread 05-31-2013, 03:48 PM   #9427
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toycam

I'm curious as to why that would void a warranty
He says not stock tires in a previous post. That is clearly wrong though. Different tires will not void a warranty.

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 03:48 PM   #9428
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Just got my notice in the mail for my plate renewal coming up in July.

It still makes no sense to me. Michigan is charging me $150 to renew my plates. $150 for a little sticker that I place on my license plate for only 12 months. My fiancé just renewed hers, and hers were only $18.

Now how does that happen?

She has a 2008 JEEP compass,
I have a 2008 JEEP Grand cherokee.
Same year, same make (granted mine has more "value") = $130 difference in license plate tabs. Wow Gotta love Michigan!
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #9429
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc
Just got my notice in the mail for my plate renewal coming up in July.

It still makes no sense to me. Michigan is charging me $150 to renew my plates. $150 for a little sticker that I place on my license plate for only 12 months. My fiancé just renewed hers, and hers were only $18.

Now how does that happen?

She has a 2008 JEEP compass,
I have a 2008 JEEP Grand cherokee.
Same year, same make (granted mine has more "value") = $130 difference in license plate tabs. Wow Gotta love Michigan!
Probably has to do with gross vehicle weight and registration type. Some states might register the WK as a truck therefore higher rates. Mine is only $75 in WI

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #9430
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naidib04 View Post
Probably has to do with gross vehicle weight and registration type. Some states might register the WK as a truck therefore higher rates. Mine is only $75 in WI
I guess, It still seems just insanely high. Its twice your price lol.

And on my renewal notice, it has the vehicle type listed as a station-wagon. If they charge that much for a "station wagon" id hate to see what they charge for a full size truck. Maybe ill ask my dad what he pays for his RAM.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 04:30 PM   #9431
Tbonfire
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naidib04

He says not stock tires in a previous post. That is clearly wrong though. Different tires will not void a warranty.
Larger tires than what are specified for the vehicle will void a Powertrain warranty. I called and talked with the warranty company and they said its due to bein more weight and the engine and transmission working harder
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:42 PM   #9432
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

If it is a standard factory warranty, the law states the dealership has to prove said modification is what caused the failure in order to void it. The lifetime warranty chrysler sold a few years ago may be different. I've had to fight Ford and Nissan because they tried to void my warranty.
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #9433
WieSeL

Installed my OME MD today at work. Took me just a hair under 2 hours. I was surprised how easy it went together. Hardest part was getting the rear trailing arms and track bar to line back up. Fronts were fairly easy. WK looks way better now!
WieSeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:46 PM   #9434
brooklynaviator
2010 WK 

i got rear-ended... time to start shopping for a new bumper.

anyone make steel rear bumpers for the WK?
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:47 PM   #9435
Tbonfire
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk
If it is a standard factory warranty, the law states the dealership has to prove said modification is what caused the failure in order to void it. The lifetime warranty chrysler sold a few years ago may be different. I've had to fight Ford and Nissan because they tried to void my warranty.
It's a not a factory warranty though. I purchased the warranty when I bought the jeep. Whether the tires would void it or not I'd rather be safe than sorry, considering I only paid $30 to have the tires mounted and balanced

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.