What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 597 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right hereJK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.

Unread 04-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #8941
shmebbr6
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4TCHET View Post

its been a problem for a while but a few months ago my car wouldn't drive and whenever i put it from anything to park it would make some really bad noises. so i had a friend tow it to my house as i was in Golden. when i got it home the next day, it worked, so i took it to aamco. there was a separate problem with the front diff due to somebody (not me) drifting in 4 low on a semi covered parking lot which means he was spinning the tires in 4 low and all of a sudden one would get caught and just the idea of that much power getting stopped sounds absolutely terrible for either a CV and or the Diff. he paid for a new front diff for me as it was making some weird clicking noises. however aamco couldnt recreate the other problem i was having where it wouldnt drive. so the mechanic said it will probably pop back up and when it does to make note of the codes i was pulling and hopefully when it arrives it would still be having problems. on tuesday i got to class and as i pulled into the parking lot all of a sudden it was acting like it was in neutral. i managed to find a spot and get into it then went to class. after class i went to my jeep and tried moving and it wouldnt work, so i put it in 4low for poops and it worked completely normal (meaning that the wheeling trip we did had little to do with what was wrong). so i drove the 3/4 mile distance to my house in 4low and managed to make only 1 person mad for going 25 mph in a 50 (no shoulder). tried to see if it would work in 4hi and no success. so i called the guy at aamco and he got a tow truck out and found out that it was the Tcase and a shifter motor in the tcase (i think) so he is rebuilding it and will be done later today. i will just say that these guys are wicked fast at repairs. i sent it in on tuesday and for a full tcase rebuild and other parts it will be done by friday, they diagnosed it by the end of wednesday... wow i'm impressed. same thing for the front diff, it took them a few day to find the problem (trying to recreate the tcase problem) then found the front diff noise and he calls me up thursday morning and says we found the source of the clicking and we will have the part tomorrow and it will be done by the end of the day. i do most of my repairs but some things i dont have the time for, or dont have the tools (plus its now all snowy and muddy)
I think I had this happen to me. I was in drive but nothing but some clicking, That sounded like a pocket bike. Never happened again though. Sounds like i had a hiccup with my shifter motor?

shmebbr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #8942
shmebbr6
2005 WK 

Just bought 5 jk Rubicon wheels with bfgs. For $500.
shmebbr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #8943
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Nice

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #8944
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmebbr6 View Post
I think I had this happen to me. I was in drive but nothing but some clicking, That sounded like a pocket bike. Never happened again though. Sounds like i had a hiccup with my shifter motor?
mine was only happening during cold weather. it very well could be the shifter motor. ill find out more about what went wrong when i pick it up later today

Edit: he did say the primary problem of it not going into gear was because of the shifter motor.

Edit: just got it back. in the Tcase there were some teeth that were ground down a fair amount and a bit that fits inside another that was just completely chewed up. the shifter motor was not taken apart but it appeared that there was some form of a crack where the wires harness enters and it probably had water enter it which is why it broke. i noticed that it seems to run much more smoothly since i got it back which is good.
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #8945
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Installed sliders. All I can say it is a lot of work defiantly need a second hand. I only had a 1/2 drill big and that's only off .25 of an inch so I would just ream out the holes a little. Worked but then after fighting/learning how the nut setter worked. We started long story short ( long story will be in build thread tomorrow). sliders are on! so excited bad news had to go buy a 9/16 drill bit and the first hole I started ripped open figured ah it will expand and be fine. After finishing and getting all but one screw in on both sides, I stood on drivers side and the riped open hole let the nut setter come out a little. They are fine for now but Defiantly need to fix my issues tomorrow or soon.
Unread 04-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #8946
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

one orher thing the door seal gasket what u remove to do the PW be careful one of them and a %20 discount is $60.00
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:09 PM   #8947
Wilbready
2005 WK 

I finally got to test the towing capabilities of George today. I bought a small cargo trailer and loaded up some sheets of plywood and other materials for a friend, then delivered them to him. George performed flawlessly and even I was impressed! The tow-haul mode works great at delaying the up shifting and down shifting. I doubt he even knew he was towing that bouncing thing. Now, I must find a larger trailer to store all of the company's tools and ditch that storage bill!
Unread 04-20-2013, 01:50 AM   #8948
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653 View Post
one orher thing the door seal gasket what u remove to do the PW be careful one of them and a %20 discount is $60.00
dude I don't know if you're too drunk, or I am, because this post and your previous post don't make much sense to me.

Anyways, glad you got the sliders on. I've been following the progress since your ordered them and I'm interested to see your final product. I'm really considering buying those sliders.
Unread 04-20-2013, 02:58 AM   #8949
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post
dude I don't know if you're too drunk, or I am, because this post and your previous post don't make much sense to me.

Anyways, glad you got the sliders on. I've been following the progress since your ordered them and I'm interested to see your final product. I'm really considering buying those sliders.
Sorry. Ill try to make it clear was a little tired last night. The gasket that goes on your jeep in the back where the door closes cost $60 each and then the sliders are on but need some more work. I first used 1/2" bit and just reamed out the hole a little to make the nut setter fit in. Well I ended up some how with the bolts not lining up with the nutserts. So i drilled 1/2 holes in the bolt eyes of the slider. Now that the passenger side was taken care of. Now the driver side seemed easy after I knew what I was doing. Well ended up not have bolts aligned again. So I drilled out the slider again this time with 9/16 that I had to go purchase because my 1/2 was to dull. Well in the process of drilling the holes for the nut-sitters the first one actually. The bit grabbed the metal and actually made the hole to big. I figured no big deal the nut sitter will expanded and hold its place. well after getting everything installed I stood on them all good. Then I bounced and shook the jeep and the back of the slider the outside one. The nut sitter came out a little I have been considering putting some e poxy in there or something but IDK yet what im going to do.
Unread 04-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #8950
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

800 KM road trip, was fantastic. First really long run with the WK, and I love it on the highway. The 5.7L is fantastic, but I was up in the hills and on the gas a lot so it used more gas than I would like.

Long flat highway = not bad mileage, mountains = not so great.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #8951
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

Just installed these Chinese knock offs but. Higher quality than I was expecting and super bright but apparently "spot" to the Chinese is really just a fog light. My plan is to put these on the bottom of the matrix on either side of the license plate and get some real LED spots. After I do myOME lift

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum
image-1643742177.jpg  
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #8952
Marna89

image-724530432.jpg

I noticed this today. I've got to fix that because its going to drive me crazy. Best place to get one?
Marna89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #8953
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marna89

I noticed this today. I've got to fix that because its going to drive me crazy. Best place to get one?
Any auto parts store, be sure to take one in for best match of finish. Also, the new one should turn freely, no wrenches, or you have the wrong threads per inch.
Unread 04-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #8954
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marna89

Autozone. Look for the one piece "specialty chrome" ones. The ones you have are the cheap Dorman lugs with the chrome caps. I had those and hated them!
Billybcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #8955
RagtagGuy
2005 WK 

Ordered 32's TreadWright claws.
Replaced rear brake pads
Bought jack and stands
RagtagGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.