What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 59 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 08-11-2011, 05:35 PM   #871
stanton3
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidcold View Post
Just ordered my wheels!!!!! Now the nail biting begins.
Lucky, the black is going to look sick!

2007 WK 4x4 | OME HD 3" Lift | OME Shocks front + rear | 265/70/17 BFG All Terrains | 1.25" Wheel Spacers on stock wheels | Saguaro4xcomponents 5/8" Front recovery shackles | Aries Taillight Guards | PIAA 510 fogs in stock location | Midland 1001z Cb | Mopar Rear recovery hook | Rola Roof Rack |2 Hella 500ffs mounted behind grill | Firestick 3' Antenna | Saguaro Antenna Mount | Front Bumper Cut/Fender Trim | OEM Front suspension skid | 4xguard Front skid | Rusty's .5" Front Spacer | Lots more to come

[SIZE="3"]Want to buy: 4xguard Rear Guard[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/stanton3s-build-wk-1134656/"]My Build[/URL][/SIZE]

[B][COLOR="Gray"]
[SIZE="3"][URL="http://wrjeepclub.com/"]Warner Robins Jeep Club[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
stanton3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #872
stanton3
2007 WK 

Just a couple quick mods that I got done yesterday.

Got my cb and antenna all finished up:

And replaced my crappy plastic guard that it came with the oem suspension skid. Much better than the plastic!

Old vs. New

4xguard front will be here tomorrow!
2007 WK 4x4 | OME HD 3" Lift | OME Shocks front + rear | 265/70/17 BFG All Terrains | 1.25" Wheel Spacers on stock wheels | Saguaro4xcomponents 5/8" Front recovery shackles | Aries Taillight Guards | PIAA 510 fogs in stock location | Midland 1001z Cb | Mopar Rear recovery hook | Rola Roof Rack |2 Hella 500ffs mounted behind grill | Firestick 3' Antenna | Saguaro Antenna Mount | Front Bumper Cut/Fender Trim | OEM Front suspension skid | 4xguard Front skid | Rusty's .5" Front Spacer | Lots more to come

[SIZE="3"]Want to buy: 4xguard Rear Guard[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/stanton3s-build-wk-1134656/"]My Build[/URL][/SIZE]

[B][COLOR="Gray"]
[SIZE="3"][URL="http://wrjeepclub.com/"]Warner Robins Jeep Club[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
stanton3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #873
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidcold
Just ordered my wheels!!!!! Now the nail biting begins.
Sweet man! When are you supposed to get them?

Stanton3 looks great Bud!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #874
Acidcold
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet

Sweet man! When are you supposed to get them?

Stanton3 looks great Bud!
A week or so, now I need black lug nuts.
Acidcold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #875
Rak187INF
2009 WK 

My 4XGuard finally showed up last night. After the 13 hour circus that I call, "My RC lift install" I was preparing myself for an all day event. Well, I printed out Chirpz' step by step instructions, and less than an hour later.... done! Luckily for me, the factory skid plate wasn't on, so it made it quicker to install. (Sidenote- this was actually unlucky for me, since there was no factory skid attached, the last time I was running through mud puddles in the pine barrens, all that nasty water splashed up straight onto the motor and the entire under-hood compartment.)
4xguard2.jpg   4xguard.jpg  
Black WK Member #28
2009 WK- 2 Inch RC lift, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2
Rak187INF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #876
Rak187INF
2009 WK 

sorry for the giant pictures, my Iphone hates me
Black WK Member #28
2009 WK- 2 Inch RC lift, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2
Rak187INF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #877
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

Quote:
A week or so, now I need black lug nuts.
i got american racing ones off of ebay for around $20 for the whole set, it's prob been 1.5-2 yrs and they still look pretty good. some tiny rust spots here and there from me taking them off and on all the time to rotate my tires. just thought i would throw that out there for ya.
Unread 08-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #878
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

turned 50k today! yikes!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
Unread 08-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #879
Acidcold
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutWK

i got american racing ones off of ebay for around $20 for the whole set, it's prob been 1.5-2 yrs and they still look pretty good. some tiny rust spots here and there from me taking them off and on all the time to rotate my tires. just thought i would throw that out there for ya.
I appreciate that, we have 1/2x20 right?
Unread 08-12-2011, 06:54 AM   #880
jager00
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
I wanted a louder horn but have no plans on installing on-board air for a truck horn. So......... I was walking through Harbour Freight yesterday and saw a "Musical Air Horn" kit on sale for $12. Came with three horns and a slightly bigger compressor then the other kits. And it was $12. So I took it a part and removed the spinning disk inside that creates the "musical" effect. Plugged three air holes (leaving just the one) and mounted the longest horn that came with the set.

Now when I blow the horn it sounds like some kind of injured goose or something. It is a little louder though. But hey, it cost twelve bucks and gave me something to do for a few hours on a Saturday. I'll end up removing it cause it's cheasy (although I knew that going in) but it's funny for now.

So for anyone who has wondered what those cheap direct drive air horns sound like.... enjoy.

Factory first. Then both together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1NVpye5Unw
I post a link and video of the horn my uncle just bought. It was $40 and is rated one of the best horns that just use electric
jager00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 07:13 AM   #881
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

Quote:
I appreciate that, we have 1/2x20 right?
yes, im pretty sure that's right. haha it's been a while since i've payed any attention to them.

heres a link to a set that look just like mine (my guess is they are all made by american racing and just redistributed) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-Bl...ht_5388wt_1108
Unread 08-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #882
mitek
2008 WK 

Gutted the sun visor - less ducking to see the traffic lights, better visibility. I am 6'3" so the low roof profile of the Jeep was driving me crazy) It is better now. Also, used the industry type Velcro to "glue" the headliner closer to the roof, gained like 1.5" in headroom, no kidding. Mine has the sunroof so the headroom was always a bit of an issue... almost traded the Jeep for an X5 at one point just because of that... I feel a lot more comfortable now in my Jeep. Next thing on the list is to swap the crappy Laredo "leather" seats for the SRT8 buckets)
img_0404.jpg
2008 WK 3.0 CRD, GDE HOT tune, AEM Dryflo 9" cone air filter, Turbo muffler delete, Resonator delete, DPF delete, Bilstein HD F/R, Eibach lowering springs, GC SRT8 F/R sway bars, GC SRT8 20" wheels: summer (staggered) / winter (black replicas with Blizzaks), GC SRT8 seats F/R
mitek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #883
Acidcold
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutWK

yes, im pretty sure that's right. haha it's been a while since i've payed any attention to them.

heres a link to a set that look just like mine (my guess is they are all made by american racing and just redistributed) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-Bl...ht_5388wt_1108
Awesome! Just purchased them!
Unread 08-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #884
DuncsWK
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanton3 View Post
Just a couple quick mods that I got done yesterday.

Got my cb and antenna all finished up:

What antenna mount is that?
DuncsWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #885
Walt
2008 WK 

Dealer re-sealed the passenger side joint from exhaust manifold to Y-pipe. Was supposed to cure DTC P0153 every 25-30 miles.
MDS failed within 5 miles and DTC set as pending immediately.
Next.............?
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.