What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 586 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 04-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #8776
Jeepguy910
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWKHemi View Post
Removed the Stock exhaust and installed a Gibson 3" Cat-Back exhaust. Now she sounds like a Hemi should. Might have to have someone take a look at my install though, it's really loud in the cab now. Just want to make sure I got it all together right and I don't have any leaks anywhere.
My exhaust is pretty loud in the cab too if that helps and I had a professional do it

35% tinted front windows and 5% tint in the back.
Jeepguy910 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #8777
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

I hope so can't stand having a v8 and no sound lol
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #8778
Jeepguy910
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653 View Post
I hope so can't stand having a v8 and no sound lol
Exactly my exhaust now gives my HEMI justice
35% tinted front windows and 5% tint in the back.
Jeepguy910 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #8779
seanmc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Got some new garage doors and took the opportunity to build a loft with pull down stairs so I could clean the joint up. Now I can tuck both my girls away at night. (The 8 yo truck and 45 yo car get the indoor parking while the 2013 sits outside.) Lol
Love the pup, thinking about gettin a rot myself real soon.
Unread 04-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #8780
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmc View Post

Love the pup, thinking about gettin a rot myself real soon.
Go for it! They're awesome dogs. That is my third one. She just turned 1 on April first. This is the most aggressive/dominant Rotty I've had and she's still a sweetheart. For the most part they have the personality of a Golden Retriever. (They just look like they want to eat you!)

Just be warned, while they are great dogs, they can be very assertive. Set the rules and start training on day one. And above all make it clear who the boss is right from the start. They're very cute as puppies but they grow quickly and you don't want a pushy dog who weighs 120lbs and intimidates everyone who walks in the door.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #8781
seanmc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Go for it! They're awesome dogs. That is my third one. She just turned 1 on April first. This is the most aggressive/dominant Rotty I've had and she's still a sweetheart. For the most part they have the personality of a Golden Retriever. (They just look like they want to eat you!)

Just be warned, while they are great dogs, they can be very assertive. Set the rules and start training on day one. And above all make it clear who the boss is right from the start. They're very cute as puppies but they grow quickly and you don't want a pushy dog who weighs 120lbs and intimidates everyone who walks in the door.
Exactly, I've done a lot of research. The perfect dog with the right training, the Dog whisperer is my best friend haha. Also quick question, I see you live in NJ, I'm moving up there in about a week. I see the state Law doesn't allow tint on the front windows, how strict are they with this up there? I just purchased my WK and it has Tint everywhere else but on the front, I think it looks weird. Do you think I will have a problem if I match it with the back?
thanks
Unread 04-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #8782
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:

Exactly, I've done a lot of research. The perfect dog with the right training, the Dog whisperer is my best friend haha. Also quick question, I see you live in NJ, I'm moving up there in about a week. I see the state Law doesn't allow tint on the front windows, how strict are they with this up there? I just purchased my WK and it has Tint everywhere else but on the front, I think it looks weird. Do you think I will have a problem if I match it with the back?
thanks
I get hassled about once a year for the tint. Usually they just use it as an excuse to get a closer look. I see lots of tinted windows up here though. It used to be a pain when they had yearly vehicle inspections, as they would make you remove it for inspection. But since they did away with that you just have to worry about the cops. As long as you're not doing anything stupid I believe it's just a $30 fine. I've had all my vehicles tinted for the past 20 years and I only got a ticket a few times.

Where are you moving to?
Unread 04-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #8783
ApexRex

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmc

thanks
I have had my f150 tinted for over 4 years now and have never been pulled over for it. My gf got a ticket for having her WK tinted about a month ago... $54 to the township of Princeton.

Buda's pup is a big sweetheart too!
ApexRex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #8784
seanmc
2008 WK 

Thanks for the info guys, figured it wouldn't be a big deal so I'm most likely gonna' go ahead with it. And Buda I'm heading up to Little Falls in Passaic county. It's North East about 20 min out of NYC, right around where Giants stadium is. I'm moving from South Florida so it's gonna' be a long drive but kinda excited to break in the new Jeep lol. How far's Woodbridge? Btw been checking out your build, looks awesome.
Unread 04-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #8785
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexRex View Post
I have had my f150 tinted for over 4 years now and have never been pulled over for it. My gf got a ticket for having her WK tinted about a month ago... $54 to the township of Princeton.
Buda's pup is a big sweetheart too!
That sucks, my buddy that I coach with gave me a Sherrifs Office Family Member Gold Card. He told me it's not a "Free Pass" but it will help. Other people have said I can transport a dead body through NJ with that card and no one will bother me.

Quote:
Thanks for the info guys, figured it wouldn't be a big deal so I'm most likely gonna' go ahead with it. And Buda I'm heading up to Little Falls in Passaic county. It's North East about 20 min out of NYC, right around where Giants stadium is. I'm moving from South Florida so it's gonna' be a long drive but kinda excited to break in the new Jeep lol. How far's Woodbridge? Btw been checking out your build, looks awesome.

That's not far from me at all. I'm about 20 minutes from the NJ Giants Stadium.

And thank you.
Unread 04-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #8786
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

Getting ready for a massive snow storm tonight, im psyched!

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #8787
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4TCHET
Getting ready for a massive snow storm tonight, im psyched!

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum
Serious? Where?
Billybcpt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #8788
AA-Train
2006 WK 

Pulled a conversion van to the gas station. Easy - Peazy! My first time being the tower & not the towee.

Mental notes:
A.) Don't let someone else attach my strap to their vehicle, lest they tie it in a knot. Just Sayin'.
B.) More brake when putting tension in the line. I was feathering the brake (thought that would be slow enough). When it hit the end of the strap, that Jeep said "Go". Pretty sure the other guy & I weren't ready.

Either way, I got the strap to help people & I had a lot of fun doing it.

©o| | | | | | |o©
Muffler Delete; Homemade Intake (w/ Spectre P4 & 4" Tubing)
AA-Train is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #8789
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybcpt View Post
Serious? Where?
Boulder, Colorado. we didnt get much snow over the winter and we are supposed to get like 13 inches tonight and tomorrow. its not huge but then again its bigger than anything we got this winter.
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #8790
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4TCHET

Boulder, Colorado. we didnt get much snow over the winter and we are supposed to get like 13 inches tonight and tomorrow. its not huge but then again its bigger than anything we got this winter.
Haha well here in Boston we got freaking plenty this winter. Even a blizzard with 30" of snow. So done with that ****! Lol
Billybcpt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.