What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 584 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #8746
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28
i'm going to go in to discount tire today to try and decide between hankook dynapro atm or falken rocky mountain ats. Opinions?
atm

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #8747
fingaz
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post
Well the guy I talked to at Discount Tire took a look at my WK and said I'd have trouble fitting 265/70/17 without new wheels. I assume they don't like spacers there? He also said my stock wheel isn't wide enough and would make the tire wear unevenly.
So...guys with bigger tires, is this uneven wear a legitimate concern with the stock rims?
Should I just bring in my wheels/tires off the WK and have them swap over the tires? That way I can put spacers on myself.
I don't think its the spacers that are the problem. I think they are worried if a wider, taller tire would fit on the rim.

They told me the same thing when I asked them about larger tires. They said that they wouldn't fit on my wheels, it would mess with the electronics/4x4 system and the guy said larger tires wouldn't work.

I ordered tires myself, went someplace else and they put them on. the tires fit fine and I don't have any problems.

I just think that some places don't want to deal with putting on non-stock tires.
2009 3.7L Laredo Black | Two-Toned Leather | RER Nav/DVD/BA System | Viper alarm | HID's in the lows and fogs | Westin Brush Guard | Tinted Tails | Custom Blue LED Interior/Rear Hatch Lights | Rough Country 1.5" Spacers | General Grabber 255/70r17 -- Island Beach State Park 4x4 Mobile Sportsfishing Permit In -- To Do: Install Uniden CB, Rock lights
fingaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #8748
AA-Train
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingaz

I don't think its the spacers that are the problem. I think they are worried if a wider, taller tire would fit on the rim.

They told me the same thing when I asked them about larger tires. They said that they wouldn't fit on my wheels, it would mess with the electronics/4x4 system and the guy said larger tires wouldn't work.

I ordered tires myself, went someplace else and they put them on. the tires fit fine and I don't have any problems.

I just think that some places don't want to deal with putting on non-stock tires.
In my experience, "Discount" Tire has been interested in selling up. Maybe they just wanted to sell you some wheels??

©o| | | | | | |o©
Muffler Delete; Homemade Intake (w/ Spectre P4 & 4" Tubing)
AA-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #8749
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

I didn't like my falken's at all...the tread on the edges is so shallow that they looked bald after 5k miles...I got rid of them pretty quick
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #8750
Marna89

I second the general grabber at2. I have them and really like them a lot. They look good and I'm hoping to get a good 60,000 miles out of them if not more.
Marna89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #8751
imthehink
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post
I'm going to go in to Discount Tire today to try and decide between Hankook Dynapro ATM or Falken Rocky Mountain ATS. Opinions?
I decided to give the rocky mountains a go and I like them so far after a few thousand miles. Can't beat them for the warranty and price.
imthehink is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #8752
sjeep2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28
I unfortunately do not have that much to spend. I'm looking in the $145-160 range. I decided on the Hankooks but when I called Discount Tire, they suggested the Falkens (plus they are only $148/tire)
I have the Falkens and think they are a good tire have not had any issues with the rain, snow, off road and the highway noise is not bad at all.
sjeep2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #8753
Marna89

Ok question. Will jk Moab tires fit on a 2009 wk with 1/4 wheel spacers?
Unread 04-05-2013, 11:10 PM   #8754
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marna89
Ok question. Will jk Moab tires fit on a 2009 wk with 1/4 wheel spacers?
They fit my 05 but i would suggest getting bolt on spacers, Moab wheels have slots in them so if you were to get like a 1" bolt on spacer the lugs can fit inside those slots

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #8755
Marna89

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4TCHET
They fit my 05 but i would suggest getting bolt on spacers, Moab wheels have slots in them so if you were to get like a 1" bolt on spacer the lugs can fit inside those slots

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum
Ok, thanks.
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #8756
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve01WJ

Yes, I got it off eBay for about $15. It's very tedious. I used a hair dryer to wrap it around the corners and edges. Take the pieces apart and clean it up with rubbing alcohol first.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Did it come as a specific set for the jeep or was it just a roll and you just out the pieces?
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #8757
Tbonfire
2006 WK 

Anyone know what size the factory amp is?
Tbonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #8758
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru
I made a little more progress on my Android tablet install. I still have a little work to do behind the scenes, but as far as I'm concerned the cosmetics are done. For those that were asking for more detailed pics of what is behind the tablet, here you go! I'll finally get my worklog started on the whole thing after the weekend. Right now I'm having some fun with the software side of things.
Nice work! That looks really clean!
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #8759
Steve01WJ
2005 WK 

Had the grill painted matte black. Now I think I have to do something with the headlights...

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
image-2280266790.jpg  

05 WK 5.7 Limited QD2
Steve01WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #8760
gemiller
2008 WK 

Totally dug the white wk on here with the cherokee feather fender decal, so I whipped some up.

gemiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.