What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 574 - JeepForum.com

 311Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #8596 of 16266 Old 03-27-2013, 07:54 AM
jeremyc653
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St pete
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05 View Post
Finally took some good photos of the jeep. Sorry about the poor quality.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

looks good


Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/jeremyc653-build-thread-1423295/#post14245927
jeremyc653 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8597 of 16266 Old 03-27-2013, 08:06 AM
jeremyc653
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St pete
Posts: 652
As for me.... I lowered the roof rack yesterday. much better noise. changed spark plugs 2 days ago. ( I think I had the origonal plugs the electrodes where almost to the Porcelain ) I also Installed the front air dam. I am Just seeing what little/better ways to improve my mpgs, and add to looks/performance. Truthfully I am getting tired of seeing everyone get 16+ and I can't brake 15 on the highway. Also Got 3 out of 5 pieces of the puzzle yesterday and getting another one today and the last one today or tomorrow for the install.


Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/jeremyc653-build-thread-1423295/#post14245927
jeremyc653 is offline  
post #8598 of 16266 Old 03-27-2013, 10:53 AM
ndmbbl3
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 33
Well, yesterday myself and 5 friends decided it would be a good idea to go out and check out a State Forest with some trails that's about 20 miles away from our college in upstate NY. The trail was nice and groomed down surprisingly so we decided to go adventure down it for a while. And this is when I learned the lesson that you should see how much snow is actually in a field before you drive through it.. Turns out what looked like maybe 3 or 4 inches was really about 2-3 feet. Anyways, with stock clearance I obviously didn't get too far.



I realized how F'd I was and tried to just gun it and turn back towards the trail since I was too far in to stop my momentum and try to back up but that didn't go so well and it stopped dead, hung up on the frame with snow.



So we made a little fire since it was about 5:30 when we got stuck and the sun was setting around 7:30 and there was a lot of snow to be moved.

Finally after about 2.5 hours of staring at it, trying to dig out snow from under the frame, wedging sticks under the tires, and throwing some dirt/mud on the sticks and just about taching out the car in reverse, she shot out of there.



Lesson learned, I really need to get my lift on ASAP because an extra 2" would have saved me, and I really need to finish getting all my recovery stuff in the trunk. Also, bringing another jeep to rip me out probably would have been a good idea.

Silver 05 WK Limited 5.7L - My Daily Driver
Green 99 TJ Sport 4.0L - Summer Beach Car
ndmbbl3 is offline  
post #8599 of 16266 Old 03-27-2013, 02:02 PM
jeremyc653
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St pete
Posts: 652
Ya lesson one need recovery lesson 2 never go alone recovery doesnt work without a second rig

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/jeremyc653-build-thread-1423295/#post14245927
jeremyc653 is offline  
post #8600 of 16266 Old 03-27-2013, 02:03 PM
jeremyc653
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St pete
Posts: 652
I have been there luckly I had some friends that had friends and I got out

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/jeremyc653-build-thread-1423295/#post14245927
jeremyc653 is offline  
post #8601 of 16266 Old 03-27-2013, 02:17 PM
fingaz
Registered User
2009 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Morristown
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndmbbl3 View Post
Well, yesterday myself and 5 friends decided it would be a good idea to go out and check out a State Forest with some trails that's about 20 miles away from our college in upstate NY. The trail was nice and groomed down surprisingly so we decided to go adventure down it for a while. And this is when I learned the lesson that you should see how much snow is actually in a field before you drive through it.. Turns out what looked like maybe 3 or 4 inches was really about 2-3 feet. Anyways, with stock clearance I obviously didn't get too far.

Ahh.... that reminds me of my first time on the beach. Got stuck down to the frame and had to get someone to yank me out. Made a rookie mistake and dint air down the tires. (yes, that is me inside hanging my head in shame as the gf took some photo's for posterity).

p.s. - how do I make these pic's smaller so they aren't huge!
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Stuck(1).jpg   Jeep stuck tire(1).jpg  

2009 3.7L Laredo Black | Two-Toned Leather | RER Nav/DVD/BA System | Viper alarm | HID's in the lows and fogs | Westin Brush Guard | Tinted Tails | Custom Blue LED Interior/Rear Hatch Lights | Rough Country 1.5" Spacers | General Grabber 255/70r17 -- Island Beach State Park 4x4 Mobile Sportsfishing Permit In -- To Do: Install Uniden CB, Rock lights
fingaz is offline  
post #8602 of 16266 Old 03-27-2013, 02:18 PM
hxdrummerxc
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 840
I had my first run-in with a cop impersonator this morning. On my way home from work at 5:30am (I work midnights)

I work in Detroit mind you. So im driving minding my own business, no cars around. This car comes up behind me and gets right up my ***, like inches away. And im driving at least 5 over, so its not like I was driving slow. Then he finally whips around me. It pissed me off because the lane next to me was completely empty, so there was no need to get right up my ***.

So as he is speeding by me, me and my brother look over and see that is around a 1999 gold impala, and we could see the driver, he looked nothing like a cop. Now, its a two lane road, but it splits off up ahead, and you have to be in my lane to get onto the freeway (where he was going). So my brother tells me "f*** that, punch it and smoke his ***, don't let him by you"

So lay the hammer down, my Hemi was screaming. It was the first time that I have punched it like that. He didn't stand a chance, and I stopped him from getting in front of me. It forced him to brake and get behind me so that he didn't miss his ramp.

Here is where it happened. So he gets behind me, and BAM. Red and Blue flashy Police lights come from his dash/window and lighting up my whole jeep. I was about to be angry as hell. I was already thinking of things to say to the cop. Like "officer I know I was out of line, but why the hell did you get right up on my rear end, inches away, when there was another lane with nobody in it?"

So I turn my turn signal on and go to pull over, then the guy turns his lights off and keeps driving away. There was no way that was a police car, it was a junky old impala and the driver looked like a damn gang member.

Needless to say, It was a pretty good scare.
I don't think I will be doing that again.

08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | RC lift | Custom painted headlights with Oracle LED Halos | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline  
post #8603 of 16266 Old 03-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Dasko
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: 39 12' N 78 10' W
Posts: 577
Best mod ever. Hands down.

Attachment 594944


2005 Grand Cherokee Limited - 5.7 HEMI - QDII - 2" Rough Country BB - AFE Stage 2 CAI - Monkey Navigated - Rear Shackle

2001 WJ- SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ
It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.
Dasko is offline  
post #8604 of 16266 Old 03-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Theogriff15
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weston
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
I had my first run-in with a cop impersonator this morning. On my way home from work at 5:30am (I work midnights)

I work in Detroit mind you. So im driving minding my own business, no cars around. This car comes up behind me and gets right up my ***, like inches away. And im driving at least 5 over, so its not like I was driving slow. Then he finally whips around me. It pissed me off because the lane next to me was completely empty, so there was no need to get right up my ***.

So as he is speeding by me, me and my brother look over and see that is around a 1999 gold impala, and we could see the driver, he looked nothing like a cop. Now, its a two lane road, but it splits off up ahead, and you have to be in my lane to get onto the freeway (where he was going). So my brother tells me "f*** that, punch it and smoke his ***, don't let him by you"

So lay the hammer down, my Hemi was screaming. It was the first time that I have punched it like that. He didn't stand a chance, and I stopped him from getting in front of me. It forced him to brake and get behind me so that he didn't miss his ramp.

Here is where it happened. So he gets behind me, and BAM. Red and Blue flashy Police lights come from his dash/window and lighting up my whole jeep. I was about to be angry as hell. I was already thinking of things to say to the cop. Like "officer I know I was out of line, but why the hell did you get right up on my rear end, inches away, when there was another lane with nobody in it?"

So I turn my turn signal on and go to pull over, then the guy turns his lights off and keeps driving away. There was no way that was a police car, it was a junky old impala and the driver looked like a damn gang member.

Needless to say, It was a pretty good scare.
I don't think I will be doing that again.
If I had the HEMI I would have punched it, caught up to him, pulled out my piece and blown his rear tire off, teach him a lesson, little punk.

2006 - 3.7L, Superlift, 265 Guard Dogs, 30" LED Bar, Bilsteins, Spidertraxx, Solid, Hypertech, Rola, Rear Led, Led Tails, S4xC Skids
Theogriff15 is offline  
post #8605 of 16266 Old 03-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Theogriff15
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weston
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingaz View Post
Ahh.... that reminds me of my first time on the beach. Got stuck down to the frame and had to get someone to yank me out. Made a rookie mistake and dint air down the tires. (yes, that is me inside hanging my head in shame as the gf took some photo's for posterity).

p.s. - how do I make these pic's smaller so they aren't huge!
Hey man all you gotta do to make the pics smaller is upload them via Photobucket. Make an account, drag your pics from your desktop into where it says "upload". Then once you've imported them to photo bucket, go to whatever picture you want, click the "image code" link. (by clicking this it will automatically copy the link) and then paste it in the post.

2006 - 3.7L, Superlift, 265 Guard Dogs, 30" LED Bar, Bilsteins, Spidertraxx, Solid, Hypertech, Rola, Rear Led, Led Tails, S4xC Skids
Theogriff15 is offline  
post #8606 of 16266 Old 03-27-2013, 03:35 PM
JRLT
Registered User
2010 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mitchell
Posts: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasko View Post
Best mod ever. Hands down.

Attachment 594944
What is it?

2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline  
post #8607 of 16266 Old 03-27-2013, 03:38 PM
ca07wk
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasko View Post
Best mod ever. Hands down.

Attachment 594944
I got invalid attachment

Crawl-Offroad.com-Boycott Paved Roads
2006 WK Limited Modified QT2
OME HD/RRO UCA/Wrangler MTRs on Moabs/JKS Rear Discos/Steel Armadillo Skids, Sliders,Front Shackles,Antenna Mount/Crawl Rear Skid
ca07wk is offline  
post #8608 of 16266 Old 03-27-2013, 03:58 PM
hxdrummerxc
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogriff15 View Post
If I had the HEMI I would have punched it, caught up to him, pulled out my piece and blown his rear tire off, teach him a lesson, little punk.
Lol,
Well I don't have a piece I really should have one though, especially since I work in such a bad neighborhood.

But believe me, I wanted to get back behind him and get his license plate # to call and report it as a police impersonation. But when I first went to pull over, I screwed myself by forcing myself off of the ramp I needed to be on. So he went left, and I went right.

08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | RC lift | Custom painted headlights with Oracle LED Halos | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline  
post #8609 of 16266 Old 03-27-2013, 05:32 PM
Jaashua
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,144
Drove it to a concert.

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum
Jaashua is offline  
post #8610 of 16266 Old 03-27-2013, 05:52 PM
R4TCHET
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boulder
Posts: 490
Found out there is a problem with my front diff.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum

| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
Hemi_newman , Nejeep
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Almost ran out of gas today SYCOHEMI WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 44 10-28-2016 08:24 AM
Got a 95 GC today colby72olds ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 2 06-20-2010 07:34 PM
got my 94 ZJ today, and did my first mod Saleen4971 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 09-22-2009 01:52 AM
sad day, today cyberbrain ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 21 02-06-2008 10:32 PM
Hey, Today is 5.9 day! CAHotRodBoy ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 05-09-2005 10:35 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome