What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 561 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 03-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #8401
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Again I did this yesterday. I finished the rear fender roll yesterday and packed the rig up for Rausch

Unread 03-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #8402
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Installed a flowmaster 40 now it sounds like a brute! And only 50 bucks off eBay.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Bigdlensch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #8403
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngreen1234
7 qts of Mobil 1 + K&N filter + twenty bucks = oil change at Meineke.

Standing next to the car and pestering the techs the whole time, I feel like I'm the one who did all the work.
After some of the mistakes I've had with repair facilities, I now stand guard over my vehicles just to make sure the "trained" technicians do the job right.
Unread 03-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #8404
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbready

After some of the mistakes I've had with repair facilities, I now stand guard over my vehicles just to make sure the "trained" technicians do the job right.
X2 for the quick lube type places. Had one not tighten all of the bolts in the diff of my camaro before. Glad I caught that one.although haven't been to one since I have a garage now.

Unread 03-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #8405
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdlensch

X2 for the quick lube type places. Had one not tighten all of the bolts in the diff of my camaro before. Glad I caught that one.although haven't been to one since I have a garage now.

I used to do all of my own repairs and PM type fixes. I have even done clutches, engine swaps, brakes, body work, as well as audio work inside. However, now that my back is toasted, I have to rely on others, and I hate it. I took my '04 Dodge Dakota in to the dealer for a check on the brakes recently. When I got it back later that day, they said the brakes were fine (good news) and that my oil change was complete. What? I never asked for an LOF because I use synthetic and knew I had only 1500 miles since the last change. To make matters worse, two days later I heard a strange noise at start up and popped the hood only to find that I was a quart low. After calling the dealer they advised me that they had put in regular oil! Needless to say, they ended up doing it over AND putting in synthetic at no cost! SMH
Unread 03-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #8406
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005WK37David

That popping noise is most likely your front differential mount/bushings going bad. The longer you allow the pop to happen, you will start stretching the chain in the transfer case, which will then cause a the chain to jump teeth when under load.

Have someone shift it back and forth while you look at the three front differential mounts. Almost always the one on the driver side goes first, then the one in the front under the radiator, then the passenger side one.
I'll check that out, thanx!
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #8407
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbready

I used to do all of my own repairs and PM type fixes. I have even done clutches, engine swaps, brakes, body work, as well as audio work inside. However, now that my back is toasted, I have to rely on others, and I hate it. I took my '04 Dodge Dakota in to the dealer for a check on the brakes recently. When I got it back later that day, they said the brakes were fine (good news) and that my oil change was complete. What? I never asked for an LOF because I use synthetic and knew I had only 1500 miles since the last change. To make matters worse, two days later I heard a strange noise at start up and popped the hood only to find that I was a quart low. After calling the dealer they advised me that they had put in regular oil! Needless to say, they ended up doing it over AND putting in synthetic at no cost! SMH
Wow, talk about a fail for the stealership! Sorry to hear about your back, having to rely on others is no fun. Glad I bought a house and don't have to take it anywhere now. I'm still learning about this molar engine, seems pretty touchy about some things, but learning is part of the fun for me. Plus building up a 4x4 is a lot different than a road car as well.

Molar haha dang autocorrect, I meant mopar, lol
Unread 03-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #8408
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

got new pipes coming from Dyno Max for an entire kit for a 5.7 for $298 through Summit racing
IndyBlueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #8409
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
Thanks man. Yeah, there is a micro USB and HDMI port on the bottom. I've stripped down a Motorola dock, so I'll be able to just slide it in and I'm good to go. No other cables to connect. Doesn't the Nexus 7 have a new dock with pogo pins on it now?
Yeah it does but if I'm remember correctly, it's ridiculously over priced for what it is. I might have to get one to do it properly though. Audio isn't transmitted through those pogo pins, right? So the audio jack would still be a concern.
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #8410
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
Yeah it does but if I'm remember correctly, it's ridiculously over priced for what it is. I might have to get one to do it properly though. Audio isn't transmitted through those pogo pins, right? So the audio jack would still be a concern.
Yeah, it's overpriced, and that's assuming you can even find it in stock anywhere. The good news is that it will
handle audio.

Edit: I take that back, it's in stock at the Play Store...

https://play.google.com/store/device...s_7_dock&hl=en
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #8411
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
Yeah, it's overpriced, and that's assuming you can even find it in stock anywhere. The good news is that it will
handle audio.

Edit: I take that back, it's in stock at the Play Store...

https://play.google.com/store/device...s_7_dock&hl=en
That's great news that it will handle audio...I had no idea. I guess $30 isn't that bad. The dock would certainly clear up a few problems. Now it's just figure out how to make a professional looking bezel and moving the stock head unit back like you. Thanks a lot for the help!
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #8412
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
That's great news that it will handle audio...I had no idea. I guess $30 isn't that bad. The dock would certainly clear up a few problems. Now it's just figure out how to make a professional looking bezel and moving the stock head unit back like you. Thanks a lot for the help!
Yeah, they are a little cheaper than I thought they were. I'll work on moving the OEM stereo back tonight and tomorrow. I'll document as much as I can. Also, I don't know if it's of any interest to you, but I am in Omaha pretty much every other weekend. If you want to see the install in person maybe we can work something out.
Unread 03-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #8413
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

One is here. Now for the other 3..
image-3685963483.jpg  
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #8414
hvywldrnss
2005 WK 

Banged out the pinch weld modification today. Easiest mod I've done so far!
Unread 03-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #8415
ChrisP75
2007 WK 

Installed new lift gate shocks, much better now!

07 4.7 WK, stock and probably staying that way.
Silver WK Club Member #75
ChrisP75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.