What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 559 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #8371
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
I got mine at the 84th and Center one. What size do you think you'll go with?
I'm going with the 265/70/17's. They are having a customer appreciation sale, so that knocks 40 bucks off of the total. Then I also get a 60 dollar mail-in rebate. Also thinking about some hankooks or some BFG A/Ts for my other WK. The 06 is getting lifted soon and the 07 has junky tires.

cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #8372
jjt250
2007 WK 

Are the 265s going on the lifted one? Are you going to run spacers? If you don't, it's going to be really close to the bolt. I like the Cooper Discoverer AT3s also. A coworker has them and he likes them much more than Silent Armors.
Unread 03-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #8373
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Got my tow hooks installed, got my tail light guards installed, and did the right rear fender roll w/ paint job. I couldn't get one of the lug nuts off of the left rear wheel so the left rear fender mod will have to wait until tomorrow. I used engine enamel to cover up the parts of the fender I smashed in, worked very well.
Unread 03-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #8374
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Are the 265s going on the lifted one? Are you going to run spacers? If you don't, it's going to be really close to the bolt. I like the Cooper Discoverer AT3s also. A coworker has them and he likes them much more than Silent Armors.
Yeah the duratracs(265s) are going on the lifted one. I wont need spacers, I am running the AEV Pintlers. They have enough backspacing to clear the bolt. I had the cooper discoverers on my old truck, but $$$!
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #8375
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

A little more progress on the tablet install...

Unread 03-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #8376
marko138
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post

Wow, that looks great!
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2013, 08:11 AM   #8377
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Wow, that looks great!
Thanks! Here is another pic.

Unread 03-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #8378
JRLT
2010 WK 

Tracking says Monday!

2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #8379
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLT View Post
Tracking says Monday!
do you by any chance have a sound clip of your 3.7 with headers and exhaust?
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #8380
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05 View Post
Yeah the duratracs(265s) are going on the lifted one. I wont need spacers, I am running the AEV Pintlers. They have enough backspacing to clear the bolt. I had the cooper discoverers on my old truck, but $$$!
That sounds awesome. I have yet to see a lifted WK in Omaha. By dad said he saw a lift black CRD around our area but I haven't seen it. Love those Pintlers too. Aren't Duratracs a good bit more than Coopers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post

That looks awesome! I can't wait to see the end results! I love the idea that you can take it out and still use the stock radio. Great work.
Unread 03-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #8381
JRLT
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
do you by any chance have a sound clip of your 3.7 with headers and exhaust?
No I don't. I should actually take the headers out of my sig. I can't find a mechanic that will touch them and the dealership is ready to break the bank to do it. Every exhaust shop around only deals will the exhaust up to the manifolds/headers.
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
Unread 03-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #8382
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
That looks awesome! I can't wait to see the end results! I love the idea that you can take it out and still use the stock radio. Great work.
Yeah, getting everything cut perfectly was time consuming, but was actually the simplest part of the process. Moving the factory radio back and remounting, then adding a new bezel around it is going to be a little tricky. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so if it's not visually perfect, I won't be happy. There are just so many things that will have to line up just right. I know I'll get it, but it may take a little time.
Unread 03-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #8383
JeepMDHemi
2005 WK 

Hey jeepers and jeepets I recently purchased rotors and pad from Kolak and I know lots of you have too so my questions are has anyone done a quick write up on the install and I'm sure it's pretty sure it's a straight forward instal. Thanks for any help provided
Unread 03-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #8384
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMDHemi View Post
Hey jeepers and jeepets I recently purchased rotors and pad from Kolak and I know lots of you have too so my questions are has anyone done a quick write up on the install and I'm sure it's pretty sure it's a straight forward instal. Thanks for any help provided
Should be like a normal brake job
Unread 03-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #8385
JRLT
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMDHemi View Post
There is a little rubber plug in the back of your rear brakes, pop that out and there is an adjustment dial you can get at with a flat head screwdriver to release the tension on the e-brakes.

Then I had to get my rotors off with one of these:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.