What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 551 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #8251
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ View Post
About to do this myself... good things to note.
I took some pictures to show what im talking about.
Sorry about the picture quality, its dark outside and I used my phone.

This is where I planned to run the new speaker wires through in all of the doors. That is how most people install speakers. Run the wire through the hole and through the rubber hose into the door.

Here is the problem. The stock wires are not just running through the hole like I had assumed. Right were the hole should be, there is a plastic piece, with all of the door wires plugging into it. So essentially, there is no holes and no way to run new speaker wire into the door!

So.... tomorrow, when its daylight and warmer out, im going to see if I can pull out that plastic piece and remove it all together, and just run the stock wires and the new wire through the hole with nothing holding them in place. Hopefully its possible and that piece pops out like I want it.

08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #8252
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

No pics but I finally got a chance to deluge it with water to rinse all the road grime from a trip of pulling the XJ for a day of wheelin in the slop a couple of weeks ago and all the bull**** that comes with the aftermath of 2 feet of snows we recently had. It hasn't all melted yet but tomorrow's rains should help hurry it along.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 03:51 AM   #8253
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

Are there empty cavities in the connector?

You can poke a wire thru a couple of the empty cavities (which would then make the connector not really disconnect-able), or you could go to a JY and get a pair of connectors and populate some of the empty cavities..
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #8254
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1pf View Post
Are there empty cavities in the connector?

You can poke a wire thru a couple of the empty cavities (which would then make the connector not really disconnect-able), or you could go to a JY and get a pair of connectors and populate some of the empty cavities..
Yea there is no empty cavities big enough to fit the wire through. Im using some pretty thick wire (16 gauge) but even much much smaller wire wouldn't fit through, the only empty cavity is just a very tiny hole.

I just pulled that whole plastic piece out with a flat head, disconnected the molex connectors. It looks like they should plug into eachother just fine without the damn oval plastic piece that was in the way. So I think im going to try and remove the oval piece re-connect the molex connectors and just shove them down in the hole.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #8255
croth
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua View Post
Just put a new battery in, found out I've been driving around with the wrong size battery for there years. Cheap *** dealers... Also woolited my ceiling. Looks good so far.

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum
Woolited the ceiling? Never thought about that. How did it work? I've been wondering what to use on it.
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #8256
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by croth

Woolited the ceiling? Never thought about that. How did it work? I've been wondering what to use on it.
Me too! I have what I think is coffee or cola splashed up into the ceiling. I do not want clean spots and non-clean spots, you know?
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #8257
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/l...moval-1490385/

According to Jaashua, it worked great.
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #8258
JRLT
2010 WK 

Did some cookies.

forumrunner_20130309_123109.jpg
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #8259
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/l...moval-1490385/

According to Jaashua, it worked great.
This is my next project! A friend of mine that used to work as a manger of a detail shop, gave my a special liquid, but it leaves "clean" spots, GRR!

Also, the factory stereo did not link up to the ICH73 whatever unit I bought from isimple. On to the next idea. :-(
Unread 03-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #8260
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLT
Did some cookies.
We call those "donuts" down here where there is no snow.
Unread 03-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #8261
JRLT
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbready View Post
We call those "donuts" down here where there is no snow.
Donuts, cookies, rockfords....
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #8262
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbready View Post
Also, the factory stereo did not link up to the ICH73 whatever unit I bought from isimple. On to the next idea. :-(
What was the issue? I'm currently using an FM modulator for an aux input. It's not that bad, but I was looking at the ICH73 to get a little more sound quality.
Unread 03-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #8263
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
What was the issue? I'm currently using an FM modulator for an aux input. It's not that bad, but I was looking at the ICH73 to get a little more sound quality.
I think my issue was that somewhere it mentioned have to reprogram the VES out of the system. I won't be doing that. I think I can find an adapter that goes from RCA jacks (on the VES) to a USB type plug. From there I can just plug the iphone cable into that.

The good news, if there is any, is that the factory head unti came, got messed with aqnd went back itno it's hole and still works.
Unread 03-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #8264
AA-Train
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLT

All good w/ coffee.

©o| | | | | | |o©
Muffler Delete; Homemade Intake (w/ Spectre P4 & 4" Tubing)
AA-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #8265
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLT View Post
They were definitely "Donuts" when I and my buddies were doing them in the South Hadley Food Mart parking lot back in 1975, in my 1964 Valiant

Anyway, did SOME of my planned activities today. Did the MAP sensor and the EGR valve. Both had me using colorful language to describe the design engineers. And a good air ratchet (I'm not talking about an impact gun) is a beautiful thing.

Spark plugs will have to happen tomorrow, and TB is still in good shape from the last cleaning.

...tom
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.