What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 550 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 03-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #8236
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post
I'm liking this guy more and more every day
Haha, I do what I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua View Post
Sad, I figured anyone with good enough taste to like Jeeps would stay away from Apple. Bazinga.

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum
Oh, Apple isn't that bad, although there are things I like more. Things like leprosy, genital warts, explosive diarrhea, and hippies. Haha, in all seriousness, I won't debate choices of OS any more than I'll debate politics or religion. Basically, no good can come from those conversations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeds_dead View Post
Well quick tip, if your glassing any on the bezel, take the vents out. I left mine in and some glass got in there and i couldn't get it off. They're secure on there with plastic, but just pry it off and glue it back when done. Live and learn!
No glassing needed. I'll just be doing some clean cutting of the OEM bezel and CNC'ing of new mount/pocket.

Unread 03-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #8237
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Quote:
Oh, Apple isn't that bad, although there are things I like more. Things like leprosy, genital warts, explosive diarrhea, and hippies. Haha, in all seriousness, I won't debate choices of OS any more than I'll debate politics or religion. Basically, no good can come from those conversations.
So true.

Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #8238
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Guys just a quick question, does it matter if I use chlorinated or non chlorinated brake cleaner to clean the inside of my rear diff?
Unread 03-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #8239
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogriff15
Guys just a quick question, does it matter if I use chlorinated or non chlorinated brake cleaner to clean the inside of my rear diff?
My layman's best guess would be non-chlorinated. Not that I knew there was a distinction.
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #8240
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbready View Post
My layman's best guess would be non-chlorinated. Not that I knew there was a distinction.
Alright, I asked a guy who did a how to on it so we'll see what he says just to make sure!
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #8241
Tbonfire
2006 WK 

Installing the matrix right now but I can't find how to get the clips out for the wheel well
Tbonfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #8242
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbonfire
Installing the matrix right now but I can't find how to get the clips out for the wheel well
Just yank em out

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #8243
Tbonfire
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naidib04

Just yank em out
I did the first one and it broke It has threads on it
Tbonfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #8244
Jaashua
2005 WK 

All you can do is yank em out. Should get some extras.

Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #8245
JRLT
2010 WK 

They are just plastic rivets.

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Chr...iners_s/66.htm
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #8246
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

Tomorrow, taking advantage of the positively tropical 43F they are predicting, it will be EGR valve, MAP sensor, plugs, oil, filter, and tire rotation.. and maybe a careful TB cleanup.. to celebrate 90K.
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #8247
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Turned 80k. Celebrated by a good wash and dry, vacuuming and wipe down.
cherrybomb05 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #8248
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Spent a bunch of money that I don't have today, just to finally try and get my sound system installed. $200 to be exact. Just in speaker wire, 8 gauge amp wiring kit, two 17ft RCA cables, and a line out converter.

Dedicated a whole day to the install, only to run into a ton of problems and now im stuck with my jeep disassembled.

Basically I ran all of the wires so far except the speaker wires. I am installing a two amp setup. One bass with its own amp, and one amp for the speakers. Both placed in the back cargo area of my jeep. We ran all the cables from my battery through the firewall, under all of my trim, all the way to the back.

My problem now is, when I went to wire the first speaker (Drivers door) I also had to run the wire along the whole side of the jeep under the trim, only to find out that there is NO WAY to run the cord through the door harness. All of the stock wiring to the door (speaker, windows, locks etc) are all plugged into door frame instead of being wired through a hole. So now I have to way to wire my speaker wire into my door, unless I drill a damn hole in my door frame, which im not going to do.

So im sitting here, angry, frustrated and tired. With my jeep disassembled in the back yard
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #8249
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua
Sad, I figured anyone with good enough taste to like Jeeps would stay away from Apple. Bazinga.

Figures, you are using a Samsung. SMH

i don't discuss OS's either, just making a comment on the use of another tablet. I do like a good debate, I just choose not to go there when it comes to Apple haters and Apples eco-wtfe. Clearly, I am not a liberal, nor am I a tree hugger.
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #8250
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
Spent a bunch of money that I don't have today, just to finally try and get my sound system installed. $200 to be exact. Just in speaker wire, 8 gauge amp wiring kit, two 17ft RCA cables, and a line out converter.

Dedicated a whole day to the install, only to run into a ton of problems and now im stuck with my jeep disassembled.

Basically I ran all of the wires so far except the speaker wires. I am installing a two amp setup. One bass with its own amp, and one amp for the speakers. Both placed in the back cargo area of my jeep. We ran all the cables from my battery through the firewall, under all of my trim, all the way to the back.

My problem now is, when I went to wire the first speaker (Drivers door) I also had to run the wire along the whole side of the jeep under the trim, only to find out that there is NO WAY to run the cord through the door harness. All of the stock wiring to the door (speaker, windows, locks etc) are all plugged into door frame instead of being wired through a hole. So now I have to way to wire my speaker wire into my door, unless I drill a damn hole in my door frame, which im not going to do.

So im sitting here, angry, frustrated and tired. With my jeep disassembled in the back yard
About to do this myself... good things to note.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.