What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 549 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 03-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #8221
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Finally got the steering pump replaced, huge difference, at a price though!

Unread 03-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #8222
Tbonfire
2006 WK 

Changed the oil today and did a little more exploring

image-2205528885.jpg

image-2538433702.jpg
Tbonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #8223
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
it will be in the bezel, but still easily removable. The goal is to have it look somewhat factory, but yet custom. If that makes any sense. Lol.
This is my first one. It didn't turn out the way I'd like it, I didn't like the slide in from the top. I'm kind of in the process of making another one with the nav bezel thats going to be a slide in from the side. With USB DAC. But with my new job, and school, kind of tough.

img_20130129_152650_044.jpg
Unread 03-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #8224
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeds_dead View Post
This is my first one. It didn't turn out the way I'd like it, I didn't like the slide in from the top. I'm kind of in the process of making another one with the nav bezel thats going to be a slide in from the side. With USB DAC. But with my new job, and school, kind of tough.

Attachment 580549
Yeah, I've been thinking quite a bit on how to pull it off. It looks like you made a good effort. I'm going simpler on the fab though. The tablet won't be enclosed on all 4 sides. Just 3 and open on the top. I do wish I could explain it better. Actually, another reason I chose the Xyboard was due to it's shape. It's angles really blend well with the interior.
Unread 03-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #8225
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Quote:

Yeah, I've been thinking quite a bit on how to pull it off. It looks like you made a good effort. I'm going simpler on the fab though. The tablet won't be enclosed on all 4 sides. Just 3 and open on the top. I do wish I could explain it better. Actually, another reason I chose the Xyboard was due to it's shape. It's angles really blend well with the interior.
Tempted to see a 10" tablet. I wanted the nexus 10 but not a lot of mobility. But yeah, I had the exact same plan as you, slide in from the top. And in that picture, which I have In my jeep now, I have the official Asus dock incorporated at the bottom so it just slides in, but don't do it. ALOT of static feedback. That's why I'm going digital next time. Spring break will probably be the ideal time for me to finish the next and last one, haha.
Unread 03-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #8226
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeds_dead View Post
Tempted to see a 10" tablet. I wanted the nexus 10 but not a lot of mobility. But yeah, I had the exact same plan as you, slide in from the top. And in that picture, which I have In my jeep now, I have the official Asus dock incorporated at the bottom so it just slides in, but don't do it. ALOT of static feedback. That's why I'm going digital next time. Spring break will probably be the ideal time for me to finish the next and last one, haha.
After using a 7" tablet in the TJ, I was determined to go bigger. I know I could have done an easy integration with up to an 8" tablet using a nav bezel, but that didn't seem extreme enough for me. If I was gonna do it, I wanted to go big, literally. The tablet will be here today (gotta love Amazon Prime!) I'll take some simple mock-up pics tonight so you can kinda see where I'm headed.
Unread 03-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #8227
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru

After using a 7" tablet in the TJ, I was determined to go bigger. I know I could have done an easy integration with up to an 8" tablet using a nav bezel, but that didn't seem extreme enough for me. If I was gonna do it, I wanted to go big, literally. The tablet will be here today (gotta love Amazon Prime!) I'll take some simple mock-up pics tonight so you can kinda see where I'm headed.
I would use an iPad mini, its still every bit an iPad, with the iPod portion and the maps feature, but smaller than what tablet you will be using. Just my opinion.
Unread 03-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #8228
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbready View Post
I would use an iPad mini, its still every bit an iPad, with the iPod portion and the maps feature, but smaller than what tablet you will be using. Just my opinion.
But he said he wanted to go bigger, and that's why he got the 10" haha. Also he wants Android.
Unread 03-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #8229
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
But he said he wanted to go bigger, and that's why he got the 10" haha. Also he wants Android.
I did indeed want to go bigger. It would be too easy to fit a 7" tablet of any kind in there, and that just wasn't good enough for me. I like to push boundaries, and cleanly integrating a 10" tablet sounded like a fun challenge. No Apple though. Never Apple. Their closed ecosystem would never give me the kind of customization I want in an application like this.
Unread 03-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #8230
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru

I did indeed want to go bigger. It would be too easy to fit a 7" tablet of any kind in there, and that just wasn't good enough for me. I like to push boundaries, and cleanly integrating a 10" tablet sounded like a fun challenge. No Apple though. Never Apple. Their closed ecosystem would never give me the kind of customization I want in an application like this.
Understood, You are not an Apple fan. I am, but I'd rather leave that kind of customization to someone, like you, who knows how to carry it off. I'd like to see the finished product. perhaps even a youtube video showing it working and how you remove it from the custom cradle you are building?
Unread 03-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #8231
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Understood, You are not an Apple fan. I am, but I'd rather leave that kind of customization to someone, like you, who knows how to carry it off. I'd like to see the finished product. perhaps even a youtube video showing it working and how you remove it from the custom cradle you are building?
Yeah, although I'm not a fan myself, I fully respect those that are. Competition is good for everyone ultimately. I'll certainly start a dedicated thread regarding the install. I'll take some video of the final results too.
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #8232
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Just put a new battery in, found out I've been driving around with the wrong size battery for there years. Cheap *** dealers... Also woolited my ceiling. Looks good so far.

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #8233
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Quote:
No Apple though. Never Apple. Their closed ecosystem would never give me the kind of customization I want in an application like this.
I'm liking this guy more and more every day
Unread 03-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #8234
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Sad, I figured anyone with good enough taste to like Jeeps would stay away from Apple. Bazinga.

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #8235
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Quote:
Well quick tip, if your glassing any on the bezel, take the vents out. I left mine in and some glass got in there and i couldn't get it off. They're secure on there with plastic, but just pry it off and glue it back when done. Live and learn!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.