What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 548 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 03-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #8206
Wilbready
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Casa Grande, Arizona
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua
I still haven;t forgiven you for insinuating that my baby has krylon paint...
One day, you will look back on this and laugh. Until then, may the trails open wide and the sun beam down upon your Jeep brightly. B-)

__________________
"Roads? Where we're going, you don't need, roads.)
Wilbready is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #8207
Jaashua
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,109
I'm so confused....Hippie.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #8208
craigbru
Jeep to the Core
 
craigbru's Avatar
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 674
While I'm waiting for the slowest acrylic delivery ever, I went ahead and bought a Motorola Xyboard 10.1 tablet. Any guesses as to where that will end up? Yeah, custom Android install here we come!

Also, assuming I have any free time after I start making the LED rings, I'm looking at other uses for my CNC. I literally came up with the following in about 5 minutes time. Please pay no attention to the details, the font, or the overall dimensions and shape. **This is a proof of concept only.** I was obviously inspired by the Trail Rated badges, but I could put anything on something like this, or a variation thereof. Basically, if a graphic can be black and white, or at least not have any overlapping colors, I can convert it to a badge/emblem. Milled in aluminum and polished preferably. Painting would be more time consuming. So, would there be any interest in pursuing something like this?

__________________
Losias Technologies
craigbru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #8209
Wilbready
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Casa Grande, Arizona
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua
I'm so confused....Hippie.
Hell No! Just saying nice things. It won't happen again, i assure you.
__________________
"Roads? Where we're going, you don't need, roads.)
Wilbready is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #8210
Jaashua
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
While I'm waiting for the slowest acrylic delivery ever, I went ahead and bought a Motorola Xyboard 10.1 tablet. Any guesses as to where that will end up? Yeah, custom Android install here we come!

Also, assuming I have any free time after I start making the LED rings, I'm looking at other uses for my CNC. I literally came up with the following in about 5 minutes time. Please pay no attention to the details, the font, or the overall dimensions and shape. **This is a proof of concept only.** I was obviously inspired by the Trail Rated badges, but I could put anything on something like this, or a variation thereof. Basically, if a graphic can be black and white, or at least not have any overlapping colors, I can convert it to a badge/emblem. Milled in aluminum and polished preferably. Painting would be more time consuming. So, would there be any interest in pursuing something like this?

Hell Yeah there is some interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbready View Post
Hell No! Just saying nice things. It won't happen again, i assure you.
Now I'm really confused. Are we friends or not? I was just joking. sadface
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #8211
Tbonfire
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canastota, NEW YORK
Posts: 246
Do the headlights need to be removed to install the 4xguard matrix?
Tbonfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #8212
sixfoot9psu
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: York, PA
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbonfire View Post
Do the headlights need to be removed to install the 4xguard matrix?
Nope
__________________
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #8213
Tbonfire
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canastota, NEW YORK
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu

Nope
Awesome thanks
Tbonfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #8214
Wilbready
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Casa Grande, Arizona
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua

Now I'm really confused. Are we friends or not? I was just joking. sadface
My apologies, I had not detected any sarcasm in your post. I am a friend to any who want one, a brother to any who needs one but a lover to only one (taken).
__________________
"Roads? Where we're going, you don't need, roads.)
Wilbready is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #8215
Wilbready
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Casa Grande, Arizona
Posts: 256
Got the new shocks and struts and sway bay connectors installed! What a freaking difference! And I thought it couldn't get better!
Oh, and I found out that my spare is not only full size, but on the same rim as the rest of them! What a nice upgrade!
image-2944125952.jpg   image-3724846237.jpg   image-410714024.jpg  
__________________
"Roads? Where we're going, you don't need, roads.)
Wilbready is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #8216
bhawks28
Registered User
2009 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: chicago, il
Posts: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
While I'm waiting for the slowest acrylic delivery ever, I went ahead and bought a Motorola Xyboard 10.1 tablet. Any guesses as to where that will end up? Yeah, custom Android install here we come!
This is on my todo list. I'm excited to see what you do with it. I have a lot of ideas
__________________
2009 Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.7L V6 QT1 | OME HD lift | 255/75/17 BFG Mud-Terrain on Moab wheels
bhawks28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #8217
craigbru
Jeep to the Core
 
craigbru's Avatar
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post
This is on my todo list. I'm excited to see what you do with it. I have a lot of ideas
I've been using rooted and custom ROM's B&N Nook Color in my TJ for the past 2 years, and I love it's functionality. Ever since I got the WK I can't get past everything it's lacking. Sure, I've added bluetooth to the factory stereo and can stream from my phone, but it's not the same as a true integration.

Some may wonder why I chose the Xyboard in particular. A few reasons really, but mostly because it's one of the smallest overall tablets that still has a 10" screen. Most anything else won't fit between the factory vents. I'll be retaining the OEM stereo, but setting it back further in the dash opening. The tablet will sit in front of it, and 'slot' in from the top. It may be hard to visualize, but I think you'll like what I have planned.
__________________
Losias Technologies
craigbru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #8218
jjt250
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
I've been using rooted and custom ROM's B&N Nook Color in my TJ for the past 2 years, and I love it's functionality. Ever since I got the WK I can't get past everything it's lacking. Sure, I've added bluetooth to the factory stereo and can stream from my phone, but it's not the same as a true integration.

Some may wonder why I chose the Xyboard in particular. A few reasons really, but mostly because it's one of the smallest overall tablets that still has a 10" screen. Most anything else won't fit between the factory vents. I'll be retaining the OEM stereo, but setting it back further in the dash opening. The tablet will sit in front of it, and 'slot' in from the top. It may be hard to visualize, but I think you'll like what I have planned.
Are you going to have outward mounts or is it going to be mounted in the bezel? I've contemplated doing this my Nexus 7 but I want it to be removable. Be sure to post your progress!
__________________
2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors
jjt250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #8219
Jaashua
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
I've been using rooted and custom ROM's B&N Nook Color in my TJ for the past 2 years, and I love it's functionality. Ever since I got the WK I can't get past everything it's lacking. Sure, I've added bluetooth to the factory stereo and can stream from my phone, but it's not the same as a true integration.

Some may wonder why I chose the Xyboard in particular. A few reasons really, but mostly because it's one of the smallest overall tablets that still has a 10" screen. Most anything else won't fit between the factory vents. I'll be retaining the OEM stereo, but setting it back further in the dash opening. The tablet will sit in front of it, and 'slot' in from the top. It may be hard to visualize, but I think you'll like what I have planned.

Sounds awesome, can't wait to see.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbready View Post
My apologies, I had not detected any sarcasm in your post. I am a friend to any who want one, a brother to any who needs one but a lover to only one (taken).

Damn, I was really shooting for that lover position.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #8220
craigbru
Jeep to the Core
 
craigbru's Avatar
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
Are you going to have outward mounts or is it going to be mounted in the bezel? I've contemplated doing this my Nexus 7 but I want it to be removable. Be sure to post your progress!
It will be in the bezel, but still easily removable. The goal is to have it look somewhat factory, but yet custom. If that makes any sense. Lol.
__________________
Losias Technologies
craigbru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.