What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 546 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #8176
dsjr2006
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbready
Ok, the dealer tells me that I need new upper and lower control arm bushings. What would my fellow WK owners do? Let the dealer do it for $2700, find a bushing set after market and have the local shop I trust do the install, or...?
Please help!
It was cheaper/easier for me to just replace the lower control arms with new ones preloaded with new bushings. Uppers that's up to you, but I would take it to an independent shop because that's wayy too much money. I only paid about $150 for the driver lower control arm and I've had no issues since replacing it about 12k miles ago. Just ordered aftermarket replacement uppers from Rocky Road that should arrive tomorrow.

05-08 WK Service Manual PDF: [url]http://bit.ly/VxI9z0[/url]
dsjr2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #8177
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

Washed and now trying to find the source of my driver side wheel clicking when coasting and breaking, I have a feeling it's the wheel baring... Any ideas?
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #8178
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjr2006

It was cheaper/easier for me to just replace the lower control arms with new ones preloaded with new bushings. Uppers that's up to you, but I would take it to an independent shop because that's wayy too much money. I only paid about $150 for the driver lower control arm and I've had no issues since replacing it about 12k miles ago. Just ordered aftermarket replacement uppers from Rocky Road that should arrive tomorrow.
**Update**
I just came from my local Tire Pros and they took me out to the rack and SHOWED me that my driver's front strut was covered in fluid. HMMM, Chrysler didn't see that, but knew the control arm bushings were bad? My a$$! So, for $1300, I am getting all new struts, mounts, rear shocks and alignment. Must be why I have used this facility for 7 years. My GC may never darken Tempe Chrysler Jeep's door again!
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #8179
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:

**Update**
I just came from my local Tire Pros and they took me out to the rack and SHOWED me that my driver's front strut was covered in fluid. HMMM, Chrysler didn't see that, but knew the control arm bushings were bad? My a$$! So, for $1300, I am getting all new struts, mounts, rear shocks and alignment. Must be why I have used this facility for 7 years. My GC may never darken Tempe Chrysler Jeep's door again!
You could have bought an OME lift and much more for that price

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #8180
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naidib04

You could have bought an OME lift and much more for that price
I don't want a lift. This GC is so clean and straight, it would be a shame to damage it out on a trail. IF that were my intention, I'd buy an XJ and not care.
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #8181
Jaashua
2005 WK 

You don't have a warranty still? Didn't you just buy it? $1300 into a car you just got. Damn.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #8182
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:

I don't want a lift. This GC is so clean and straight, it would be a shame to damage it out on a trail. IF that were my intention, I'd buy an XJ and not care.
To each his own, sir

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #8183
KingOfSpades007

Here's my miniscule contribution to this thread

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...D4lDHWQqUMFhWA

Not trying to offend anyone by posting that here. Its fully stock and I felt sorta proud of parking it there I figured, if there was a jeep liberty parked there before me, I should be able to park it there too!
KingOfSpades007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #8184
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:

I did not see nor did I get a link, to your thread. Turns out, I'd rather not "paracord" the wheel but rather just look for a shop that can restore the leather. Thanks anyway.
No prob, I'd rather save the money personally, plus I like the way it looks, but to each his own.
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #8185
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua
You don't have a warranty still? Didn't you just buy it? $1300 into a car you just got. Damn.
No warranty on a Jeep that old, not that one was offered. Turns out, they suspect the struts and shocks are original. One look at the under carriage and you can tell this one never saw any trails that did not lead to Nordstrom's. I am fine with bringing it back to specs. I also did not mean to offend others on this forum, but this GC will remain as close to stock as possible. My old XJ had planned to be lifted until my son finished her off. I don't mean to sound snooty, I just love the original condition George is in.
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #8186
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet

No prob, I'd rather save the money personally, plus I like the way it looks, but to each his own.
Exactly, everyone has their own opinion as to what they desire for their Jeeps. Some might think I am off my rocker by wanting to add the ipod adapter, but that's me and as long as I own it, it's my decisions that count. I find it odd that people get offended (as I sometimes do) to what others post. This forum is a great place to share and learn. That's why I am here.
Back to point, I will just buy a slip over cover that protects my hands from the scorching sun that AZ is famous for.
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #8187
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet View Post

I made a pretty in depth write up on it. You should just be able to search for it. I believe I put title as 550 cord steering wheel wrap
X2 I want to do it but no thread or needle I wouldn't know where to go for some of that lol but it is something I would love to do.
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #8188
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet View Post

I think he meant LilOmelet's, unless he was laughing at my brother!
Yes lil omelet * Damn auto correct.
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #8189
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Added a sub to the back dont Like the base I'm getting giving me a headache. I also change the whipers on the front a few days ago.
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #8190
ChrisP75
2007 WK 

Put on new wipers and K&N panel filter, going to change the plugs on Sunday. It's my DD so nothing anywhere close to radical is going on it.
ChrisP75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.