What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 545 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Reply
Unread 03-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #8161
Jaashua
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rome, New York
Posts: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybcpt View Post
No not just MA, other states should have lottery scratch tickets. What state do you live in?
I think he was asking what was the name of the scratch of tickets. Like when you go in the store what ones do you ask for.

Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #8162
cherrybomb05
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,075
This^
__________________
07 WK
10 JKUR
11 JKR
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #8163
Jaashua
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rome, New York
Posts: 1,035
Also today I smoothed out my vent that got all ripped up when we removed the old one. I know no one will understand what that means. But basically made my dash look worse when we took out the old vent. Now I have a new vent with a fugly dash. Can't ever win. Tomorrow morning I will be dropping her off to have some touch up paint and have my new bumper painted. I can't stand rust. I also parked under a tree and had some bird droppings eat straight through the paint.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #8164
Billybcpt
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: , MA
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua

I think he was asking what was the name of the scratch of tickets. Like when you go in the store what ones do you ask for.
Oh haha. I don't play that often, the ones I won on are $10,000,000 Diamond Millionaire, they are $20 tickets.
Billybcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:35 AM   #8165
johngreen1234
Registered User
2010 WK 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: beverly hills, ca
Posts: 279
Jaashua--

That is likely "Paint Protectant" that got eaten through by bird droppings. This is a clear glaze that the Dealer wipes on for a charge of like $600. While it "can" protect aged metal flake paints from chipping, it will boil up from bird droppings.
johngreen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #8166
Wilbready
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Casa Grande, Arizona
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua
Also today I smoothed out my vent that got all ripped up when we removed the old one. I know no one will understand what that means. But basically made my dash look worse when we took out the old vent. Now I have a new vent with a fugly dash. Can't ever win. Tomorrow morning I will be dropping her off to have some touch up paint and have my new bumper painted. I can't stand rust. I also parked under a tree and had some bird droppings eat straight through the paint.
Uh oh, better get Maaco! What is your Jeep painted with, Krylon? Clear coats don't last long, especially in Arizona, where I live. George has always been garaged, and it's no different now.
__________________
"Roads? Where we're going, you don't need, roads.)
Wilbready is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #8167
sixfoot9psu
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: York, PA
Posts: 503
Just ordered some custom length rusty's extended sway bar links and adjustable track bar! Crossing my fingers that that well be the end of me modifying my suspension when I got my Jeep 14 months ago I wasn't planning on modding it at all...then I found this forum...
__________________
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #8168
Jaashua
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rome, New York
Posts: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbready View Post
Uh oh, better get Maaco! What is your Jeep painted with, Krylon? Clear coats don't last long, especially in Arizona, where I live. George has always been garaged, and it's no different now.
No, my Jeep is 8 years old and I live in NY. I can't always afford to wash the salt off of her. Surprisingly her undercarriage is doing pretty well. Yeah there's rust, but I don't see her falling apart anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post
Just ordered some custom length rusty's extended sway bar links and adjustable track bar! Crossing my fingers that that well be the end of me modifying my suspension when I got my Jeep 14 months ago I wasn't planning on modding it at all...then I found this forum...
I don't think it will ever end. It is addicting. I know before this site, I just wanted my Jeep stock, now it seems there is endless possibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngreen1234 View Post
Jaashua--

That is likely "Paint Protectant" that got eaten through by bird droppings. This is a clear glaze that the Dealer wipes on for a charge of like $600. While it "can" protect aged metal flake paints from chipping, it will boil up from bird droppings.
All well, I don't care as long as the guy gets rid of the permanent do-do mark.

Just dropped her off, hopefully I'll get her back tomorrow and then I'm getting a $180 battery. Maybe I'll also get my dad to install my new bumper. Wish I could afford the shackle mounts so we could just install them at the same time.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #8169
Billybcpt
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: , MA
Posts: 462
I dynamatted my doors and installed my new kickers!
image-491033765.jpg   image-2896865945.jpg   image-1260439934.jpg   image-2398931189.jpg   image-2749127164.jpg  

Billybcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #8170
LilOmelet
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Spokane, Washington
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbready

Intrigued but absolutely clueless as to what you actually mean.
I made a pretty in depth write up on it. You should just be able to search for it. I believe I put title as 550 cord steering wheel wrap
__________________
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #8171
LilOmelet
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Spokane, Washington
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653
Search or.go to lol omeles build thread he did it
I think he meant LilOmelet's, unless he was laughing at my brother!
__________________
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #8172
Jaashua
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rome, New York
Posts: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybcpt View Post
I dynamatted my doors and installed my new kickers!
Does that stuff actually work? I always wondered if it was just a gimmick. Now that I have new speakers the bass is rattling all kinds of things.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #8173
Billybcpt
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: , MA
Posts: 462
He'll yeah it works!!! The rattles are gone! I did both the inner and outer door skins as well. Scootr29 did a write up on it check it out
Billybcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #8174
Jaashua
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rome, New York
Posts: 1,035
Well I guess I'll add it to the list, It's a shame to have to turn the bass down because some piece of plastic is annoying you.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #8175
Wilbready
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Casa Grande, Arizona
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet

I made a pretty in depth write up on it. You should just be able to search for it. I believe I put title as 550 cord steering wheel wrap
I did not see nor did I get a link, to your thread. Turns out, I'd rather not "paracord" the wheel but rather just look for a shop that can restore the leather. Thanks anyway.
__________________
"Roads? Where we're going, you don't need, roads.)
Wilbready is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.