What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 518 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #7756
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

[QUOTE=dsjr2006;14940503]Finally did the cargo light mod! Makes a huge difference. Cleaned up a little after the pic.

Is there any write up on how to do this mod?

Unread 02-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #7757
Nejeep

Here is a link to a WK LED lighting upgrade. I just did the rear cargo area part and it works great. Thanks to Bryan Maine RIP.
http://bryanmaine.com/web/Jeep/jeepled/

97 Laredo - 4.0 4x4 Daily driver for 8 years then relocated to Arizona for 6 more years with the relatives
Nejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #7758
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

POR15 is amazing stuff... POR stands for Paint Over Rust, and they say it will eliminate rust and stop it from spreading. Having said that I always try to remove all the rust first, secondly I treat it with a rust converter...then hit it with POR Metal Prep Coat and then POR15.

I painted my entire CDN M101 with the stuff last year...amazing stuff. Use it all up however, a closed can after you open it and use some will last about 3 days before it goes off.

Dries hard as nails too!

Check out Chassis Saver from Magnet Paints (Monstaliner folks) it is similar to POR15 and might be a little cheaper?

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #7759
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Let the wife drive it to work and am missing it. Also put it in 4low in a sandy ally and it tears up.the ground
Unread 02-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #7760
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nejeep View Post
Here is a link to a WK LED lighting upgrade. I just did the rear cargo area part and it works great. Thanks to Bryan Maine RIP.
Thanks for the link. I have used a lot of the Superflux LED's from Oznium, they are fantastic, cheap and bright. I built up some cheap rock/work lights under the XJ with them in some custom holders. Worked out really well, crappy cell phone pics.

2 lights on each side missing in the rear in this pic...

Highly recommend their LED's.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 02-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #7761
NickButera
2010 WK 

Got most of my stuff on! I was surprised how easy the 4xGuard items installed. Went from stock on Monday to this on Sat.

Unread 02-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #7762
IowaJeepNewbie
2005 WK 

Where is everyone getting their from recovery stuff from? My hero don't have them
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, Red WK Club #31, Daystar 2" BB lift with bilstein struts. Rigid LED Dually
IowaJeepNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #7763
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickButera View Post
Got most of my stuff on! I was surprised how easy the 4xGuard items installed. Went from stock on Monday to this on Sat.

Looks great man. Hey, if you don't mind me asking, what did you use to paint your wheels with? I picked up a set of those wheels and was thinking of going a med charcoal gray, a bit lighter than what you have to contrast my metallic black paint.

Did you use the Duplicolor Wheel Paint?

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 02-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #7764
NickButera
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ View Post
Looks great man. Hey, if you don't mind me asking, what did you use to paint your wheels with? I picked up a set of those wheels and was thinking of going a med charcoal gray, a bit lighter than what you have to contrast my metallic black paint.

Did you use the Duplicolor Wheel Paint?
I used Rust-Oleum wheel paint. I could only find Black and Metallic Graphite though, and Clear.The Graphite went on easy enough, but I had to put on several coats of the clear to get the right fairly-glossy-stock-looking finish I wanted.
Unread 02-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #7765
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
I used Rust-Oleum wheel paint. I could only find Black and Metallic Graphite though, and Clear.The Graphite went on easy enough, but I had to put on several coats of the clear to get the right fairly-glossy-stock-looking finish I wanted.
Love the color of your wheels! That's the exact color I want to do. Great looking Jeep, also!
Unread 02-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #7766
NickButera
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
Love the color of your wheels! That's the exact color I want to do. Great looking Jeep, also!
I just copy-catted what a few other of the khaki guys here on the forum did. This forum was a fortunate find!
Unread 02-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #7767
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nejeep View Post
Thanks man this is awesome!
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:08 AM   #7768
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Thanks Dude.

I like that with the Khaki, great combo.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #7769
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

Got the tires rotated and balanced and found its going to need front pads very soon. It had Hawk pads last time and they squeak all the time. I am going with a diff brand this time..

firestone.jpg

I am looking into doing a muffler Delete. Any recommendations??

muffler.jpg
IndyBlueWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #7770
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBlueWK
Got the tires rotated and balanced and found its going to need front pads very soon. It had Hawk pads last time and they squeak all the time. I am going with a diff brand this time..

I am looking into doing a muffler Delete. Any recommendations??
I really like my Dynomax

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.