Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Tags
radiator
2M views 19K replies 1K participants last post by  99sajeep 
#1 · (Edited)
Deleted

#17,611 ·
Replaced calipers, rotors, and pads all the way around. Powerstop heavy duty pads and drilled/slotted rotors, rebuilt stock calipers. Bled brakes enough to have all new fluid. Still spongier than I think they should be.

Replaced front LCAs, hubs, and axles.

Installed air bags for towing. Air ride brand I think.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: craigbru
#17,614 ·
Oil Change and Glow Plugs

Fumoto Valve: Can you still call it an oil change if your hands don't get dirty?

Changed all six glow plugs: At number 6 I scratched my head for 30 mins then tried every plier I own to get the cap off.
When I called my reinforcement (my 12y old who still has small hands) he said: "Dad why don't you stick a screw-driver through this gap and pop it off". I guess there is hope there will be one mechanic in the family and I can retire my attempts soon.

Attachments

#17,621 ·
I'm putting my front and rear bumpers, side skirts, and factory roof rails and crossbars up for sale. The roof rails are the chrome ish overland ones.

Bumpers are from my '07 overland. Chrome parking sensors. Paint color "light graystone pearl". Still have color matched air dam as well.

Side skirts are same color.

None are perfect but all in great condition.

Also looking for black sensors with wiring harness.

Located in south Alabama

#17,668 ·
I'm putting my front and rear bumpers, side skirts, and factory roof rails and crossbars up for sale. The roof rails are the chrome ish overland ones.

Bumpers are from my '07 overland. Chrome parking sensors. Paint color "light graystone pearl". Still have color matched air dam as well.

Side skirts are same color.

None are perfect but all in great condition.

Also looking for black sensors with wiring harness.

Located in south Alabama

#17,623 ·
I'm making some similar to the RRO ones as well as a new rack

#17,625 ·
I changed the oil and checked the level in the front differential tonight. The differential has been leaking since I got the Jeep, I hope to pull the cover off before winter so that the mating surface doesn't weep anymore.

#17,627 ·
Where are you located?

#17,638 ·
Fumoto valve ...
I recommend you buy and install a small spring clip to place over the valve handle (prevents it from inadvertently opening) and a clear plastic tube on the end (with another spring clip) to allow oil draining outside the opening in the engine splash shield / skid plate. :wink2:

#17,641 ·
Replaced 5 studs on front left hub.

Replaced 5 studs on front left hub.

They sheared off on the right so will be replacing all the others.

Rotor wouldn't come off with tapping from 10 lb hammer.

Sprayed PB Blaster around hub and stud holes and used the tire iron to lever/pry it off.

The rears were much easier for some reason.

#17,651 ·
When hit from behind, especially when they're hitting something inserted into the hitch, I'd want to get the hitch/rear beam inspected for alignment and damage just in case. I wouldn't want to find out my hitch had been damaged only after attaching something to it.