What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 508 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 01-31-2013, 01:04 AM   #7606
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toycam

Ha try Alaska. I don't even need a ccw permit. I can open or conceal carry. I just can't drive on base with a firearm.
We can open carry in PA without a permit. You just need a permit to conceal carry. The east coast is a joke. I think my permit is good in like 17 states or something, yet the only one that borders PA is West Virginia. It's so stupid, bc you can get a permit in NJ and it's valid in a small hand few of states but they all seem to want be states that aren't near one another.

05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 07:55 AM   #7607
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

You're not allowed a gun in certain cities though even with a permit...like Philadelphia and DC
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:00 AM   #7608
06JeepXKHEMI
1999 XJ Cherokee 

You think all this is bad try NY.. I can own and drive around with a pump shotgun or semi-auto, but cant even hold a handgun with a permit, makes no sense. What worse is Im a primary resident of Florida for work and tax purposes so I cant even get a permit in NY and they dont recognize any other states permits. Seriously retarded, it should be a national level license with special restrictions on certain cities like NYC, LA, MIA etc.. Anyways back to Jeeps, I have a strange noise in the rear when braking under 20mph, sounds like brakes but they are next to new, sounds metal on metal or like abs kicking on.. Have to diagnose this ASAP going to Rausch Creek next weekend.. Any ideas?
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:43 AM   #7609
fingaz
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
We can open carry in PA without a permit. You just need a permit to conceal carry. The east coast is a joke. I think my permit is good in like 17 states or something, yet the only one that borders PA is West Virginia. It's so stupid, bc you can get a permit in NJ and it's valid in a small hand few of states but they all seem to want be states that aren't near one another.
Wow, PA just got a lot more exciting. Here in NJ, you basically can't do anything with a a gun and forget about getting a CCW Permit unless you are a cop or the like. And if you have a gun, it has to have a trigger lock and be in a lock box, separate from the Ammo. And it has to be in the trunk. You'd prob get arrested if a cop found a gun in the locked center console.

I have a friend in NYC who, after trying 4 times, now has a gun permit just for NYC, not NY State, ...and there he is even more restricted. Even so, somehow he got a CCW license for the state of Utah (even though he has never been there) because they accept out of State Licenses. Then he got one for Arizona and a few other states because of reciprocal agreements.

Total polar opposites. One state its very hard to get a license and another state you don't even have to have ever been there and you can get one.

But, the locking center console is pretty cool. Def is great for locking up your gun, that is if you can actually have one in your car.
2009 3.7L Laredo Black | Two-Toned Leather | RER Nav/DVD/BA System | Viper alarm | HID's in the lows and fogs | Westin Brush Guard | Tinted Tails | Custom Blue LED Interior/Rear Hatch Lights | Rough Country 1.5" Spacers | General Grabber 255/70r17 -- Island Beach State Park 4x4 Mobile Sportsfishing Permit In -- To Do: Install Uniden CB, Rock lights
fingaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 09:02 AM   #7610
DieselDevotion
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI
You think all this is bad try NY.. I can own and drive around with a pump shotgun or semi-auto, but cant even hold a handgun with a permit, makes no sense. What worse is Im a primary resident of Florida for work and tax purposes so I cant even get a permit in NY and they dont recognize any other states permits. Seriously retarded, it should be a national level license with special restrictions on certain cities like NYC, LA, MIA etc.. Anyways back to Jeeps, I have a strange noise in the rear when braking under 20mph, sounds like brakes but they are next to new, sounds metal on metal or like abs kicking on.. Have to diagnose this ASAP going to Rausch Creek next weekend.. Any ideas?
E Brake?
DieselDevotion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 09:38 AM   #7611
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Guys lets get back on topic. Enough gun talk and more what did you do to your WK and XK today.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 09:55 AM   #7612
silentj
2006 XK Commander 

Change my oil and rotated the tires.
06' XK 3.7 - RC 2" Lift | Hypertech Max Energy 52001 | Bilstein HD Front & Rear Shocks | Hankook DynaPro ATM 255/70R18 | 18" Sahara wheels | Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers | Rola Basket | Smittybilt D-ring Tow Hitch | 4XGuard Matrix | Hella 500's
silentj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 09:59 AM   #7613
06JeepXKHEMI
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDevotion View Post
E Brake?
This is what Im thinking but I did engage e brke when braking with the sound still there...
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #7614
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu
You're not allowed a gun in certain cities though even with a permit...like Philadelphia and DC
DC law was struck down by the Supreme Court. Handguns are basically banned in NYC. Handguns are completely legal in Philly but you need a license to open carry there. Only place in the state that is like that.

http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-firearms/open-carry
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:45 AM   #7615
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Guys lets get back on topic. Enough gun talk and more what did you do to your WK and XK today.
I took my WK to a job interview that went pretty damn well and that I'm praying to get. Send some vibes guys!
Unread 01-31-2013, 03:34 PM   #7616
ecollins7
2006 WK 

My superchips came in from kolak, can't wait to start playing with it.

image-22245302.jpg
ecollins7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 04:24 PM   #7617
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Buddy of mine installed a new alpine navi and speakers in his wk.
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #7618
BobG97
2005 WK 

Dropped it off at a buddies shop for further rear acne repair! I'll keep you guys posted as to the cause of the grind!
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #7619
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Installed the CB and PA system today, finally.
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #7620
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Picked up a set of ome hd front springs today.. Now all I need is the rear springs and some front struts Nd I'm good to go !!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.