What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 507 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-30-2013, 01:14 AM   #7591
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickButera

Ha! What kind of dog is that. We've got a Norwich Terrier, very rare, but it looks very similar, almost like a Norfolk. I'm still waiting for my Matrix to come in from when I ordered it last week, said they ran out of silvers and it won't be in till Thursday...... so you took the last one? lol
Theo is a yorkiechon (75% yorkie and 25% bichon). He's 4 months old and definitely one of the best dogs I've ever had. My father has had several labs, and I had two yorkies with an ex, and this little guy is smarter and easier to train than any of them. I have noticed though, that the smarter the dog, the more he is apt to get into trouble. I never had a dog listen or learn things as fast as this one. Even though he's 25% bichon, he still bichon blitzes every night. I need to take a video of it because he does laps for about five minutes and then passes out.

I actually got that matrix off of Craigslist for $200!!! Brand new!!

05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #7592
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
Should of got out and dropped his ***......
Jeep drivers can take range rover drivers any day.

Seriously though, Im gonna be trying to get a permit to carry also.
I work in Detroit, and not main city detroit, in the outskirts..... in the bad area.
Im happy I don't live in Detroit (about 15 minutes away)

We hear gun shots all the time in the same neighborhood as my work. One of my co-workers was closing one night and was held up at gun-point and was forced to give up his wallet.

To make matter's worse, I work for a welding supply company. So we have and fill all types of gases (flammable, non-flammable, liquids you name it).
And we found fired rounds sitting next to two of our Liquid Nitrogen and Liquid Argon bulk tanks. Almost as if some duma a** thought they would have fun and try to shoot the big tank to see what would happen. They were small rounds though, and were probably fired from the next street which is a pretty good distance away. There is no way it would have punctured the tank, but its still kind of scary considering the fact that we have Huge bulk tanks of propane and other flammables also.

Needless to say, if im going to continue working here, I need to carry. So that little safe is a nice touch.
Right now at the very least, I always carry my knife with me.
I was going to get out but seeing as this guy was around 6'3" I wasn't about to go and fight him. I'm 5'6" 170lbs in very good shape but I wasn't looking for a mismatch. That is why I need an LTC! haha Seems like you've got a very good reason to have one though, gunshots in the work neighborhood must be rough!
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #7593
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCracker View Post
My Springfield XDs fits perfectly in the console in the supplied holster.
The 45ACP is reassuring too.

I don't think you can even show it to the fool unless you're actually going to shoot him.

You did the best thing just getting out of there.

TC
Yea you can't show it unless you are intending on using it I believe haha. I keep an extremely high powered Beretta M9 clone pellet pistol in the console, but I was in my dads WK. But yeah it probably made him even more angry that I ripped out in front of him after he tried to cut me off, the HEMI did its job wonderfully.
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #7594
Bigkieko
2006 WK 

Fitted new boots. 255/65/17s. Dynapro RF10s.
Bigkieko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #7595
fingaz
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngreen1234 View Post
1. Took my 7 qts of Mobil 1 and my K&N filter to the local Meineke and paid them $15 to change my oil, filter, dispose of the old stuff, and have a look at my Pumpkins.

2. Decided I'm NEVER going to change my own oil, not for $15. Now what do I do with the Fumoto valve I never installed?
Yeah, if you pay more than $20-25 for an oil change, you are paying too much. I take it to Pep Boys and they usually have some deal or coupon to do it for $20. Even if they don't, I complain to the manager and they usually give me a deal.

If I were to buy the Oil and Filter, that alone is about $20. I usually like to do everything myself.. because I don't really trust anyone else to touch my Jeep, but I think its worth it.
2009 3.7L Laredo Black | Two-Toned Leather | RER Nav/DVD/BA System | Viper alarm | HID's in the lows and fogs | Westin Brush Guard | Tinted Tails | Custom Blue LED Interior/Rear Hatch Lights | Rough Country 1.5" Spacers | General Grabber 255/70r17 -- Island Beach State Park 4x4 Mobile Sportsfishing Permit In -- To Do: Install Uniden CB, Rock lights
fingaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #7596
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngreen1234
1. Took my 7 qts of Mobil 1 and my K&N filter to the local Meineke and paid them $15 to change my oil, filter, dispose of the old stuff, and have a look at my Pumpkins.

2. Decided I'm NEVER going to change my own oil, not for $15. Now what do I do with the Fumoto valve I never installed?
Is it the one with the nipple? If so then I can take it off your hands
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
Unread 01-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #7597
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogriff15

Yea you can't show it unless you are intending on using it I believe haha. I keep an extremely high powered Beretta M9 clone pellet pistol in the console, but I was in my dads WK. But yeah it probably made him even more angry that I ripped out in front of him after he tried to cut me off, the HEMI did its job wonderfully.
High powered and M9 (9mm) don't belong in the same sentence!

I actually have to renew my ccw permit tomorrow. Well I have to take the picture, it's already renewed. Great gun laws here in PA! My glock 30 likes going for rides in the jeep, haha.
Unread 01-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #7598
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Ok it was a very productive day for me and Optimus Prime.

Picked up a set of srt8 headers for $50

image-2396555364.jpg

(Those aren't my ugly sneakers)

Stopped at Quadratec on the way home and got some Smittybuilt 3/4" D-Rings and blue daystar isolators.

image-1033751272.jpg

You'll notice my intune in the picture above. I included it because I got 24 mpg

image-3676068610.jpg

On my 60 mile return trip

image-2062037444.jpg

It's been a good day and an awesome week for Optimus Prime!
Unread 01-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #7599
johngreen1234
2010 WK 

Decided I'm going to hold on to my Fumoto valve. Yes, it IS the one with the nipple (106N). I only paid like $25 for it on Amazon, but I'm thinking I can get some real mileage out of it as barter here on the Forum.

In the meantime I'm keenly watching all the SRT8 headers show up. Nothing I can do now but watch, my 2010 still has 60k miles of warranty left. But when that 100,000 mile anniversary comes, I'm going to treat my girl to headers and a high-flow muffler and never mind the Cats.
johngreen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #7600
Robb286
2006 WK 

I took a before and after pics of the light out put in the low beams. heres the difference between ddm's 6k hids in stock housings & 08-10 housings with the fx-r projectors/ 6k hids.
image-992579370.jpg  
Robb286 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #7601
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post

I actually have to renew my ccw permit tomorrow. Well I have to take the picture, it's already renewed. Great gun laws here in PA! My glock 30 likes going for rides in the jeep, haha.
Hahaha you are very right there, but for a pellet gun this thing is no joke haha. Only 17 so an Unrestricted Class A isn't an option yet haha
Unread 01-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #7602
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngreen1234 View Post
In the meantime I'm keenly watching all the SRT8 headers show up. Nothing I can do now but watch, my 2010 still has 60k miles of warranty left. But when that 100,000 mile anniversary comes, I'm going to treat my girl to headers and a high-flow muffler and never mind the Cats.
Sounds like a good plan! That's what I was waiting for too Also from what I understand the SRT manifolds will mate up better on the '09-'10 WK 5.7L better than the older one because they have the same port shape as the 6.1L. Oh and the stock cats are actually high flow so you may as well keep them.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #7603
thedude411
2008 WK 

got my dashdaq xl in the mail today. waiting for a warm day to rip apart my dash for a permanent install
thedude411 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #7604
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngreen1234
Decided I'm going to hold on to my Fumoto valve. Yes, it IS the one with the nipple (106N). I only paid like $25 for it on Amazon, but I'm thinking I can get some real mileage out of it as barter here on the Forum.

There's method I used to finding a cheap set of srt8 headers. Pm me if you want my tips.
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #7605
toycam

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post

Ha try Alaska. I don't even need a ccw permit. I can open or conceal carry. I just can't drive on base with a firearm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.