What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 506 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

ECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #7576
johngreen1234
2010 WK 

1. Took my 7 qts of Mobil 1 and my K&N filter to the local Meineke and paid them $15 to change my oil, filter, dispose of the old stuff, and have a look at my Pumpkins.

2. Decided I'm NEVER going to change my own oil, not for $15. Now what do I do with the Fumoto valve I never installed?

johngreen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #7577
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Took my jeep into the shop to find out what's been going on with it. Turns out my transfer case is literally falling apart. Also explains why my service 4wd drive light has been on past 2 months lol. Got a refurbished one on the way and installed for $900
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #7578
BurmaJack
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngreen1234 View Post
1. Took my 7 qts of Mobil 1 and my K&N filter to the local Meineke and paid them $15 to change my oil, filter, dispose of the old stuff, and have a look at my Pumpkins.

2. Decided I'm NEVER going to change my own oil, not for $15. Now what do I do with the Fumoto valve I never installed?
A pumpkin farmer in Beverly Hills? Now THAT'S the stuff of reality tv!

Blue WK Club Member #2
BurmaJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #7579
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngreen1234 View Post
Installed the Secure Console cover from Steel Armadillo, and already tested it out, temporarily locking up an item that needs locking up. Perfectly sized!

I can tell you that the convenience upgrade of the Secure Console versus a separate case and padlock makes a big difference--it's right there and ready. Overall security is enhanced because I no longer have a case in back that shouts "break in and steal me" even when it's empty.
I need one of these to lock up my best means of defense I was cut off today pulling out of a street, I beeped, the guy in his brand new range rover physically got out of his car, and ran over to my rig and tried opening the door and breaking the windows. Wish I had had the convenient piece in the secure console but I just ripped out in front of him and left him in the dust. Just seems like the safe bet to have some means of defense in the rig because I found out today you never know who's out there!!
Unread 01-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #7580
IowaJeepNewbie
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogriff15 View Post
I need one of these to lock up my best means of defense I was cut off today pulling out of a street, I beeped, the guy in his brand new range rover physically got out of his car, and ran over to my rig and tried opening the door and breaking the windows. Wish I had had the convenient piece in the secure console but I just ripped out in front of him and left him in the dust. Just seems like the safe bet to have some means of defense in the rig because I found out today you never know who's out there!!
That is why I have my permit to carry also
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, Red WK Club #31, Daystar 2" BB lift with bilstein struts. Rigid LED Dually
IowaJeepNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #7581
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet

Hey bud do us all a favor and take lots of pics and do a how to! I am sure others including myself will be getting around to this soon (knock on wood)
It's SUPER easy, took me 30 mins from jacking the rig up to letting it down! I'm on my phone so it's hard to write it up nice, basically you
1. remove the wheel (19mm)
2. Remove brake caliper (10mm)
3. Remove rubber ring around center of rubber
4. Remove rotor (may require rubber mallet)
5. Remove 4 18mm bolts from rear hub (seen in pic)
6 separate hub from caliper mount and dust shield (bigger hammer )
7. Insert new hub, clean and install in reverse order.
I also discovered my brake squeak was due to a parking brake pad separation!

On a side note, trail axle repair would be very easy!
image-2720024849.jpg   image-624925224.jpg   image-1383181165.jpg  
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #7582
BobG97
2005 WK 

I forgot the fun part, labor is easy but the days of the $15 wheel bearing swap are over! This bearing set cost me $200 at a discount for one side! good thing they last a while lol
image-3428253070.jpg  
Unread 01-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #7583
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Got my matrix platform in today! Looks like I'm not the only one excited about it.

image-3969135819.jpg
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #7584
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Should of got out and dropped his ***......
Jeep drivers can take range rover drivers any day.

Seriously though, Im gonna be trying to get a permit to carry also.
I work in Detroit, and not main city detroit, in the outskirts..... in the bad area.
Im happy I don't live in Detroit (about 15 minutes away)

We hear gun shots all the time in the same neighborhood as my work. One of my co-workers was closing one night and was held up at gun-point and was forced to give up his wallet.

To make matter's worse, I work for a welding supply company. So we have and fill all types of gases (flammable, non-flammable, liquids you name it).
And we found fired rounds sitting next to two of our Liquid Nitrogen and Liquid Argon bulk tanks. Almost as if some duma a** thought they would have fun and try to shoot the big tank to see what would happen. They were small rounds though, and were probably fired from the next street which is a pretty good distance away. There is no way it would have punctured the tank, but its still kind of scary considering the fact that we have Huge bulk tanks of propane and other flammables also.

Needless to say, if im going to continue working here, I need to carry. So that little safe is a nice touch.
Right now at the very least, I always carry my knife with me.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #7585
croth
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97 View Post
I forgot the fun part, labor is easy but the days of the $15 wheel bearing swap are over! This bearing set cost me $200 at a discount for one side! good thing they last a while lol
Yep! Just about what mine were. Glad it was easy for you to change!!
Unread 01-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #7586
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:

It's SUPER easy, took me 30 mins from jacking the rig up to letting it down! I'm on my phone so it's hard to write it up nice, basically you
1. remove the wheel (19mm)
2. Remove brake caliper (10mm)
3. Remove rubber ring around center of rubber
4. Remove rotor (may require rubber mallet)
5. Remove 4 18mm bolts from rear hub (seen in pic)
6 separate hub from caliper mount and dust shield (bigger hammer )
7. Insert new hub, clean and install in reverse order.
I also discovered my brake squeak was due to a parking brake pad separation!

On a side note, trail axle repair would be very easy!
Quote:
Awesome thanks a lot bud! I'm glad to see it is that easy! How many miles does your Jeep have?

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #7587
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet

Awesome thanks a lot bud! I'm glad to see it is that easy! How many miles does your Jeep have?
Just hit 127k! And the good news is the wheel isn't going to fall off now, however the strange noise has not been resolved! I'm going out on a limb and saying its something in the rear diff. I'm not excited about that at all!
Unread 01-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #7588
DRCracker
"The Grizz"

2006 WK 

Quote:
My Springfield XDs fits perfectly in the console in the supplied holster.
The 45ACP is reassuring too.

I don't think you can even show it to the fool unless you're actually going to shoot him.

You did the best thing just getting out of there.

TC
Dark Khaki 2011 #9104 Wheels, Firestone Destination A/T 265/70/17's.
OME HD lift. Dark Khaki Matrix Brush Guard, Dark Khaki Painted Headlight Bezels.
Hemi Club #65 // Khaki WK Club #40
DRCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #7589
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietz31684 View Post
I just picked up some pioneer 6.5's for the rear and infinity refernce 3.5" for the dash. The infinity pair was $20 with free shipping, infinity is selling a load of refurbished on ebay with free shipping...should be a cheap/easy upgrade.
Good deal on the Infinity Speakers. I picked up a set of Kicker 3.5" for the dash and some JL Audio Components for the doors. The dash speakers take like 10 minutes to swap, and MAN what a difference. It turns out I DO have the Boston speakers, but one of the doors is fried (buzzes a lot) and the dash speakers sounded off to me (not enough treble).

Door might just be loose?

Anyhow, very stoked to get all my new audio stuff in soon...as soon as it is warmer drier and I have the 4 or 6 hours it will take to install it all.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #7590
NickButera
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
Got my matrix platform in today! Looks like I'm not the only one excited about it.

Attachment 553767

Ha! What kind of dog is that. We've got a Norwich Terrier, very rare, but it looks very similar, almost like a Norfolk. I'm still waiting for my Matrix to come in from when I ordered it last week, said they ran out of silvers and it won't be in till Thursday...... so you took the last one? lol

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.