What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 504 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery Mounts

Unread 01-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #7546
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97
Haven't done anything to it yet today, BUT I have a sneaky suspicion that in the next few hours I will be hauling it home on a trailer. I'm an hour from home (shopping, not playing) and we when I let off the gas to slow for a red light, there was a horrible grinding sound from the rear, if I accurate it stops but when it hits a constant speed or inlet out, the sound returns. I inspected under the jeep, u-joints are tight, nothing is leaking, and the pinion seems to be solid and there aren't any warning messages being displayed. I'm worried my rear diff has just bit the bullet, but I won't know till I get home and tear it apart. Anyone ever had a similar experience?
Well it's home, but it looks like the passenger side rear axle bearing is toast, I jacked it up and the wheel has a bit of play (and the lugs are tight). I'm sure that's a rather fun job to fix, anyone done it before?

BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #7547
Robb286
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude411

thats exactly why i was asking

keep us posted how it goes
Here's the completed lamps, I think they turned out great! image-1855964426.jpg
Also I painted another set of door handle covers, this set came out a lot nicer than the last. image-2997791870.jpg
Robb286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #7548
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oducks12
Congrats! Looks nice. Any plans for it?
Thanks guys! Yeah we got a great deal (15400) it's an 08' overland hemi with QDII and every option.

After selling our Wj my wife has been missing a grand and she confessed she wanted a Wj in high school. So I snagged this clean one with 80k miles for her. She's in love. So am I ha ha

Plans include 2" TeraFlex lift (I can get parts cheap ) and some 31's. thinking BFG Rugged Terrain T/a and some charcoal or dark grey JK Moabs.. We'll see.

Wj we sold 2 years ago (on her birthday lol)

image-3432539543.jpg

LJ we bought 2 years ago (on her birthday lol)

image-2653564430.jpg

Anyone tow another vehicle (jeep) with their hemi wk? Do they do well?
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #7549
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb286

Here's the completed lamps, I think they turned out great!
Also I painted another set of door handle covers, this set came out a lot nicer than the last.
Looks great. How much did the projectors and housings run you?
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #7550
Robb286
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283
Looks great. How much did the projectors and housings run you?
I've had the lamps for a while now.. I wanna say 250-300esh. The projectors were 140, bulbs 45, and the ballasts 110.
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #7551
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb286

I've had the lamps for a while now.. I wanna say 250-300esh. The projectors were 140, bulbs 45, and the ballasts 110.
That seems like a good price for the projectors. Where did you get them? Is it hard to retrofit them in to headlights? How do you attach them? Is there a link for a how to?
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #7552
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecollins7
The dealership quotes me $81 for the whole assembly. I'm gonna check a junk yard and see if I can't pop the glass off
Check online, you can get it for cheaper. I can't remember the site but I got my mirror for about 40? Bucks. Not OEM but you can't tell a difference.

Robb, are your old lights for sale?
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #7553
terrasmak
2007 WK 

Installing a glow plug tomorrow
Unread 01-27-2013, 04:08 AM   #7554
Robb286
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05
Robb, are your old lights for sale?
I'm not sure, I don't know how much I would want for them..
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283
That seems like a good price for the projectors. Where did you get them? Is it hard to retrofit them in to headlights? How do you attach them? Is there a link for a how to?
I bought the projectors, bulbs, & ballasts from theretrofitsource.com
Sorry i don't have much of a link for ya. i didnt have any pics to go off either. Jayl00p is the only other guy that I know that used these projectors. They are a pain in the *** to fit them in lamp. My buddy had to make me a bracket for them to sit in there just right and had to do some cutting.
Here's a pic comparing the old little projectors to the fx-r'simage-3802615342.jpg
Unread 01-27-2013, 05:05 AM   #7555
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
Check out omelet's build thread. He did this upgrade a while back and has a very in depth/great write up on it.
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 05:47 AM   #7556
croth
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97 View Post
Well it's home, but it looks like the passenger side rear axle bearing is toast, I jacked it up and the wheel has a bit of play (and the lugs are tight). I'm sure that's a rather fun job to fix, anyone done it before?
Yep! Sure have! Both sides on my '05 because the seals were leaking and soaked the E-brakes with oil.

If they are like mine, which I'm assuming they are because yours is an '05 also, it really isn't that bad to change. After tearing the service brakes off, and getting the rotor off, the E-brake assembyly comes off next, then 4 bolts and the whole bearing/seal will slide right off the axle shaft. Hang on to your wallet though, they ain't cheap, at least they weren't in my area. Have fun!!!
Unread 01-27-2013, 06:52 AM   #7557
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by croth

Yep! Sure have! Both sides on my '05 because the seals were leaking and soaked the E-brakes with oil.

If they are like mine, which I'm assuming they are because yours is an '05 also, it really isn't that bad to change. After tearing the service brakes off, and getting the rotor off, the E-brake assembyly comes off next, then 4 bolts and the whole bearing/seal will slide right off the axle shaft. Hang on to your wallet though, they ain't cheap, at least they weren't in my area. Have fun!!!
So they are more like a 9" style? I figured I'd have to pull the diff cover and remove a C clip to get it out, I was not lookin forward to that! I'm going to rip it apart today and see if that's all it needs, the noise was horrible sounding but ten again when does a bearing failure sound nice?
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #7558
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

Started saving up for OME MD springs and the Monroe F150 Load Levelers today. I am going MD because I heard the HD is pretty stiff compared to stock...is that true?

I have the RC lift with OME shocks already
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #7559
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Finished making my custom fuse box holder with a fused power source for 5 switches, 5 switch output terminals, 5 black switch ground terminals, 5 switch input terminals, a fused battery lead, and a negative lead. Everything is relayed and fused. Everything in the box is weatherproof as the box is watertight. The lines coming out of the box do so via holes with very tightly packed rubber grommets on them, along with electrical tape around the holes. The box will supply 5 switches (all of which require power) and relay them to any device or light on the jeep.
Unread 01-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #7560
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogriff15 View Post
Finished making my custom fuse box holder with a fused power source for 5 switches, 5 switch output terminals, 5 black switch ground terminals, 5 switch input terminals, a fused battery lead, and a negative lead. Everything is relayed and fused. Everything in the box is weatherproof as the box is watertight. The lines coming out of the box do so via holes with very tightly packed rubber grommets on them, along with electrical tape around the holes. The box will supply 5 switches (all of which require power) and relay them to any device or light on the jeep.
Pics?

I made something similar for my trailer and one for my XJ. Fun project, one I will likely do again for the WK.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.