What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 499 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 01-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #7471
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb286 View Post
The Steel Armadillo secure safe cover installed but now my 9 is too big. Looks like I'm getting 380 or something small
It may not be ideal, but is it possible to cut out that coin holder?
It looks like if it didn't have that coin holder there it might fit.

08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #7472
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollindom View Post
After discovering I had a headlight go out I decided I was going to give the Sylvania zXe Silver Star bulbs a shot. I mean the Jeep deserves the beat right? The lights are Xenon fueled and 100 percent DOT and street legal. At $60 for the pair I was nervous, but after they were installed I have no regrets.

Before
Attachment 546073

After
Attachment 546074
Do you have any night shots of the road illuminated by these?
Billybcpt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #7473
JordanD07
2007 WK 

I have a full vled red interior led conversion for sale if anyone is interested
'07 3.7 4x4 QT1 ll Red WK Club #27 ll OME ll Monroe LL ll Rusty's ll ProComp ll BFG ll 4xGuard ll S4XC ll VLEDS ll Infinity ll Thrush ll Riddler ll 6K HID
JordanD07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #7474
rollindom

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybcpt

Do you have any night shots of the road illuminated by these?
Here are the lights on the road without fog lights. Now a number of people will tell you the zXe lights (Silver Star) don't last long. It even says it on the package. But I have 3 years on a set of Silver Star ultras and they are still going on my other Jeep.

image-3655882226.jpg

image-1525580333.jpg
rollindom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #7475
Robb286
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc

It may not be ideal, but is it possible to cut out that coin holder?
It looks like if it didn't have that coin holder there it might fit.
I'm not sure, ill have to check it out
Robb286 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #7476
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet View Post
So... I just bought a sears platinum diehard battery, P-4, which is a size 34. Has anyone ever put one in their WK? The positive lead doesn't quite reach to the post, anyone have any ideas or useful tips? I was thinking of getting a pair of pliers on the lead and getting the 90 degree bend out of it to make it straight?
Just straighten out the post. That's what I did and it works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollindom View Post
Now a number of people will tell you the zXe lights (Silver Star) don't last long. It even says it on the package. But I have 3 years on a set of Silver Star ultras and they are still going on my other Jeep.
Same here. I have had a set of Ultras in my car for a few years with no proplems. However I did recently swap them out for a set of HIRs which I am enjoying more!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #7477
IowaJeepNewbie
2005 WK 

Changed diff fluids and plugs and grill mod.... up next is headlight mods and then waiting for the guy in the brown truck n a package from skrach77

Note I just got the Jeep so I am doing maints for my records and by the looks of it im glad i am
forumrunner_20130120_220950.jpg   forumrunner_20130120_221002.jpg  
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, Red WK Club #31, Daystar 2" BB lift with bilstein struts. Rigid LED Dually
IowaJeepNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #7478
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

@rollindom

Are those lights pretty "blue" when your looking at them from oncoming traffic or are they more "white"?
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #7479
rollindom

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet

Same here. I have had a set of Ultras in my car for a few years with no proplems. However I did recently swap them out for a set of HIRs which I am enjoying more!
After a few guys told me about the HIR's (after I had the zXe's) I looked into them. They have my attention and will likely go into my Spyder to see how I like them. But if "Omelet" says they are good I'd have no doubts. I've read a lot of posts from him and he knows his stuff. Thanks for the advice bud. Oh and BTW, I can't find the HIR's in my local parts stores but found them online.
Unread 01-20-2013, 10:41 PM   #7480
rollindom

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05
@rollindom

Are those lights pretty "blue" when your looking at them from oncoming traffic or are they more "white"?
Honestly there is no blue I can see when looking into the headlamp assembly while facing the front of the Jeep. It really is just bright white. I notice in the "after" picture they look somewhat blueish, they aren't, that was likely glare from my iPhone camera. They look so clean compared to the average halogens on most other cars. If you want I can try and get a picture from the front that better represents how they look when facing the car. Perhaps use a real camera.
Unread 01-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #7481
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

That's ok. I was just curious as I was wanting some new bulbs but I don't want to do an HID conversion. Tried it on a buddies WK and failed horribly. I think if the local auto shop has some of these I may get some. The output is very good.
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 04:11 AM   #7482
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

What are HIR never heard of them I almost got some zxe a while back but passed
Unread 01-21-2013, 04:47 AM   #7483
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05
That's ok. I was just curious as I was wanting some new bulbs but I don't want to do an HID conversion. Tried it on a buddies WK and failed horribly. I think if the local auto shop has some of these I may get some. The output is very good.
I would go with the Phillips HIR2's. they are also about $20 cheaper than the zXe's.
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 04:50 AM   #7484
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653
What are HIR never heard of them I almost got some zxe a while back but passed
They are still halogens, but they are the bulbs that are in the newer cars. They are very bright (but still street legal) and are also almost a pure white, maybe a very slight tinge of yellow. I just swapped my old bulbs out, which I found out were silverstars, and put in the HIR's. I could not believe the difference, they are amazing!
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #7485
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet View Post
They are still halogens, but they are the bulbs that are in the newer cars. They are very bright (but still street legal) and are also almost a pure white, maybe a very slight tinge of yellow. I just swapped my old bulbs out, which I found out were silverstars, and put in the HIR's. I could not believe the difference, they are amazing!
Thanks I thought these might have been the blubs I heard of before. Just ordered some from amazon and some cree reverse bulbs from e bay.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.