What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 492 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-12-2013, 02:33 AM   #7366
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet

I got them off eBay. If you search 55W SLIM AC HID Kit it should come up, if you need more details just let me know. And yes, I went with the HIR low beams for now since I can't afford to do a full HID mod right now. And went with the 3000k HID for the fogs
I have the HIRs in my lows and highs and love them. I moved my silverstar highs down to my fogs.

Does your brother have the 55w hids in the fogs? I thought I read somewhere that the 55w can melt stuff in the small stock fog light housing. He's like the godfather of this platform though, so anything he says is as good as gold as far as I'm concerned.

05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 03:28 AM   #7367
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Rola rack arrived today, too late to pick it up...so tomorrow it is!

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #7368
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Geeze Bob, you just can't get a break! First a deer, then this! Ouch!!!!
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #7369
silentj
2006 XK Commander 

Blacked out the grill on my XK. I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome. But hey, if I dont like, its just plastidip...

Next up is installing a set of Hella 500's on the rola rack.

forumrunner_20130112_152806.jpg
06' XK 3.7 - RC 2" Lift | Hypertech Max Energy 52001 | Bilstein HD Front & Rear Shocks | Hankook DynaPro ATM 255/70R18 | 18" Sahara wheels | Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers | Rola Basket | Smittybilt D-ring Tow Hitch | 4XGuard Matrix | Hella 500's
silentj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #7370
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentj View Post
Next up is installing a set of Hella 500's on the rola rack.

Attachment 542113
Hmm this might be an item to add to my list, how do you plan on attaching them? I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to rig something up
Unread 01-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #7371
silentj
2006 XK Commander 

I'm making the mounts from common items found at Lowes. I have everything set to go, I just need to actually do it. It's been way to cold around my neck of the woods recently.
06' XK 3.7 - RC 2" Lift | Hypertech Max Energy 52001 | Bilstein HD Front & Rear Shocks | Hankook DynaPro ATM 255/70R18 | 18" Sahara wheels | Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers | Rola Basket | Smittybilt D-ring Tow Hitch | 4XGuard Matrix | Hella 500's
silentj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #7372
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
I have the HIRs in my lows and highs and love them. I moved my silverstar highs down to my fogs.

Does your brother have the 55w hids in the fogs? I thought I read somewhere that the 55w can melt stuff in the small stock fog light housing. He's like the godfather of this platform though, so anything he says is as good as gold as far as I'm concerned.
Well he hasn't said anything about his melting and he sent me the exact link to order these ones, so I'm assuming they are going to be alright. He would have given me a heads up.
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #7373
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Well installed my Saguaro 4x front shackles,
Removing the bumper was actually really easy. And also I didn't have any rivetts, all were either pushpins or bolts. So I thought that was strange but nice. Its a 2008 maybe thats why?

I also put on my jeep forum sticker that I just got in the mail.

I took her through a car wash

And tomorrow I'm changing her oil.

I'll post some pictures later when I'm at my computer.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #7374
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet View Post
Well he hasn't said anything about his melting and he sent me the exact link to order these ones, so I'm assuming they are going to be alright. He would have given me a heads up.
Yep I have had no problems with them. Been running 55W in my fogs for a while now and I even have the crappy plastic lenses. I think it might be the 55W halogens that guys have had issues with.

Also I'm not sure about my words being gold, I make mistakes too! And I definitely don't know everything I'm still learning new things about these Jeeps every day just like you.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 12:37 AM   #7375
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet

Yep I have had no problems with them. Been running 55W in my fogs for a while now and I even have the crappy plastic lenses. I think it might be the 55W halogens that guys have had issues with.

Also I'm not sure about my words being gold, I make mistakes too! And I definitely don't know everything I'm still learning new things about these Jeeps every day just like you.
Oh stop being modest!
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 12:40 AM   #7376
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Alright here are some pictures of my install of the Shackles today.

I took the air dam off of the bumper for the removal, and decided to keep it off for a while. I kind of like the looks of it without the air dam. Sometimes I look at it and I feel like something is missing, but other times I feel like it looks just right without it.

As I said in my previous post, My bumper was not riveted on. I feel like this is strange, I have read everywhere that they were. It was just those push-pins, some twist-pins and three 10mm bolts. Is this normal for a 2008? Should it have had the rivets still?

I always thought that my bumper looked like it may have been re-painted (only noticeable in certain lighting), and today I confirmed that because one of my "crush cans" was dented pretty good. So I know it must have taken a hit before, but the carfax had shown no reported damage or accidents. Makes me wonder if that is why it wasn't riveted on.

PICS:

And here it is behind my Dads Rubicon,
You could say that my family likes jeeps (Dad owns 2012 JK Rubicon, Brother owns 2011 JK sport, My Fiance owns a 2008 Jeep Compass, and of course I own the 2008 Grand Cherokee) And then add on one more Chrysler vehicle with my mom's 2008 5.7L Dodge Ram.

08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #7377
Piepenbrok420
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post

Damn that's rough....

Too bad they don't offer trail insurance....
They do, its call tow it back to the street and call your insurance
Unread 01-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #7378
JordanD07
2007 WK 

Put my new OEM tow hitch up for sale. And found out one of my infinitys broke
'07 3.7 4x4 QT1 ll Red WK Club #27 ll OME ll Monroe LL ll Rusty's ll ProComp ll BFG ll 4xGuard ll S4XC ll VLEDS ll Infinity ll Thrush ll Riddler ll 6K HID
JordanD07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #7379
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piepenbrok420

They do, its call tow it back to the street and call your insurance
Mine just asked what the nearest public road was. As long as there are no other vehicles involved there is no need for a police report either so I only had to let them take photos, give a brief description of what happened, and get an estimate! Seems like most insurance companies would be like that if you had enough damage to make a claim.
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #7380
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Today after reading over Omelet's build thread for like the 50th time (I was bored), I ordered an LED strip to do the rear cargo LED mod. I hate not having enough light back there. I had a $50 gift card for Amazon and not much to use it on so I also ordered a replacement LED bulb for my map light and a bluetooth OBDII reader so I can run that cool Torque app on my Android phone. I don't really have a reason for the bluetooth OBDII reader, I just needed to spend 15 more bucks and it looks pretty neat.

I also looked over the all the components of the OME HD lift and on the WK just to get an idea what I'm dealing with when I finally have time to install it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.