What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 491 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #7351
johngreen1234
2010 WK 

Oh yeah, not today but recently, I:

--Installed an aFe CAI and got 1-2 mpg improvement.

--Installed a Arrington catch can.

--Deleted the "Hemi" plastic engine hoodie.

--Swapped 9011 bulbs into the high beanms, for a good improvement over the previous bulbs.

--Swapped 9011 bulbs into the Fog light housings, for no practical purpose.

johngreen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #7352
terrasmak
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
whens the DPF delete pipe coming? lol
Probably going to be a while
Unread 01-11-2013, 04:08 AM   #7353
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283

Where did you get the hids from? Aren't those hir low beam bulbs? I guess you're running the hids in the fogs?
I got them off eBay. If you search 55W SLIM AC HID Kit it should come up, if you need more details just let me know. And yes, I went with the HIR low beams for now since I can't afford to do a full HID mod right now. And went with the 3000k HID for the fogs
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 04:14 AM   #7354
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngreen1234
FWIW, I am very interested in seeing where all those bulbs end up going. First, the 9012s don't have a reflector in the tip. Is l'bro just going to just going to throw them in there like that? Second, there's the HIDs. Details, please!!
First, you are right, the 9012's do not have a reflector tip, however the WK's do not need one because they have the pre-installed tip cover built into the headlight, so all is good there.
Second, the HID's are 3000k and they will be going in the fogs, my brother (Omelet) has been running them for a while and he says he loves them, so that is what I went with.
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
Unread 01-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #7355
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Just recalibrated ma sunroof!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #7356
johngreen1234
2010 WK 

Just ordered a set of 9012s from Amazon.
johngreen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #7357
scootbobb
2005 WK 

Finally got my exhaust switched out. Went with the Gibson. Easier to make up your mind which setup to go with when a crazy deal is thrown at you. Thanks again Kolak! That thing sounds awesome.
'05 WK Limited 5.7L Hemi QDII / Midnight Blue Pearl/ 2" BDS BB/ 1.25" spacers/ Bilsteins/ 265-70-17 Goodyear Duratracs/ K&N drop-in air filter/ BT oil catch can/ Airaid intake tube/ Husky mats & liners/ Gibson exhaust
scootbobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #7358
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngreen1234
Just ordered a set of 9012s from Amazon.
Haha, nice. I'll be installing mine tomorrow, I'll post some before and after pics for ya.
Unread 01-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #7359
BobG97
2005 WK 

Got the estimate to fix my jeep, it's a whole lot of not fun. $4k possibly more if they can't patch in the rocker and have to replace the entire piece!

Yay for insurance!
image-133106639.jpg   image-3561632696.jpg  
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #7360
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97 View Post
Got the estimate to fix my jeep, it's a whole lot of not fun. $4k possibly more if they can't patch in the rocker and have to replace the entire piece!

Yay for insurance!
Damn that's rough....

Too bad they don't offer trail insurance....
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #7361
BobG97
2005 WK 

Well good thing my agent covers everything! Sucks that I have to pay a deductible but it's better than paying for all of it!
Unread 01-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #7362
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

What do you have?

Im pretty sure mine doesn't cover it at all..... they would just say "o well, that sucks"
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #7363
BobG97
2005 WK 

Shelter, it's a small town local business, they are great to deal with! I explained what happened and she said ok, whatever you need! Lol
Unread 01-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #7364
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

I wonder if nationwide is on my side when it comes to offroading...
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #7365
BobG97
2005 WK 

Literally the discussion was:

Me: I need to fix this.
Agent: what did you do?
Me : hit a rock and a tree top winching a buddy out of a hole in the woods, bad day!
Agent: ok, sounds fun... Lets take some pics and get an estimate!

Yeah, she rocks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.