What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 490 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140

Unread 01-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #7336
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgallardo View Post
Installed this.
Is that one of those ebay ones?

I have been looking at those small black/carbon fiber ones on ebay and amazon. But I worry about how much the signal will be affected.

08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #7337
ScoobyWK
2007 WK 

Removed some old stickers that came with the jeep...

The dealer one gave me some trouble. I swear they make them particularly hard to remove on purpose

Also, tackled some of the pine sap that is just everywhere. Got a couple panels done at least
ScoobyWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #7338
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post

I have been looking at those small black/carbon fiber ones on ebay and amazon. But I worry about how much the signal will be affected.
They're worthless...you'd get better reception with a coat hanger...i had one installed for like 5 minutes and took it off. Just picked up a 13" one at pep boys in hopes that it will work better!
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #7339
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post

They're worthless...you'd get better reception with a coat hanger...i had one installed for like 5 minutes and took it off. Just picked up a 13" one at pep boys in hopes that it will work better!
I've had my 13" Oreilly antenna for 4ish years now and it still works great, even after straightening and repainting it after it got a 45 degree bend on a trail
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #7340
Muddy4DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post
Got the struts in for my OME HD lift. Finally have all the parts, hopefully I can install it this weekend!
I know this is a stupid question, but are the struts supposed to look bent? When mine came in the boxes were all damaged and I thought the struts were bent, but since they are both like that in the same exact spot, I'm thinking they are supposed to be like that (sorry, this is my first experience with a lift)
They are fine. The wobble in that plate is so the spring can seat itself around the strut.
Unread 01-10-2013, 03:37 AM   #7341
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Got some goodies in the mail today. Can't wait to install them this weekend and see the drastic improvements!
image-3609595968.jpg  
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #7342
fgallardo
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post

Yep, got it off ebay. Drove her to work today and radio stations came in fine. I live up in Flagstaff,AZ where radio reception isnt all that great too.
fgallardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #7343
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

Getting Detailed today! This snow has tracked in some salt and other crap.
IndyBlueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #7344
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet
Got some goodies in the mail today. Can't wait to install them this weekend and see the drastic improvements!
Where did you get the hids from? Aren't those hir low beam bulbs? I guess you're running the hids in the fogs?
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #7345
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet View Post
Awesome bro Get it done!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #7346
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Drove it home.. Had it stall again for the second time.
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #7347
BobG97
2005 WK 

Received a few new goodies from Kolak today! Should have them on this weekend if all goes well!
image-3156244454.jpg  
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #7348
terrasmak
2007 WK 

#3 glow plug code when i went to lunch, dammit. Got home and my Green Diesel programmer was in the mail box. Info is sent to them, just waiting to get my file back now.
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #7349
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

whens the DPF delete pipe coming? lol
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #7350
johngreen1234
2010 WK 

FWIW, I am very interested in seeing where all those bulbs end up going. First, the 9012s don't have a reflector in the tip. Is l'bro just going to just going to throw them in there like that? Second, there's the HIDs. Details, please!!
johngreen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.