What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 485 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #7261
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Not a WK mod but a garage mod.

20130102_143603.jpg

Picked this fella up at home depot this morning

ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #7262
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oducks12 View Post
Posted it on craigslist.... 200 mile daily commute is killing me on gas. Still might keep it, just gauging interest. Might sell the gf's car instead and keep the jeep.
Oh no

ca07wk, toolbox looks nice!

Today, I threw in some 7w cree led reverse bulbs. I was too cold (it's like 15 degrees out!) to take better pictures (ie. against the garage), so this one doesn't do the new bulbs much justice. But, I can definitely tell the difference when I'm backing up
bhawks28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #7263
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
Not a WK mod but a garage mod.

Picked this fella up at home depot this morning
Purrrttyyyy. I wish. Living in an apartment, all my tools are either in inconvenient spaces inside (when the wife cleans), or in the back of my jeep.
Unread 01-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #7264
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97 View Post
The bumper cover is easy, I wouldn't sweat that at all, just pick up a package of reusable plastic push clips and you will be set.

I have a sub and amp that I want to put in but I have a stock head unit, I am not sure how to tie that amp into the factory setup, it might have to wait for a head unit!
Well, you can do it with the factory head. I have the RER touch screen, and I guess you can still hook it all up, (splice everything in) but its a little harder and more time consuming than an aftermarket head with all of the proper hookups would be.

I don't know, I haven't done mine yet. But my brother is an audio guy, went to school for stuff like this, and has his own recording studio etc etc.... So hes gonna do most of the installing for me.... I trust him.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #7265
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

u need a line level converter too hook up a system to a stock head unit
thats how mine is hooked up

it splices to your speaker wire and gives u RCA hookups
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #7266
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
u need a line level converter too hook up a system to a stock head unit
thats how mine is hooked up

it splices to your speaker wire and gives u RCA hookups
Yea thats it..... He has one of those in the box with all my wiring and stuff. Do you have the touchscreen? Was it hard to get behind it?
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #7267
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

no touchscreen just the stock 6 cd changer one

i didnt install my sound system, future shop did [and they did a ****ty job might i add lol]
but my line level converter is hooked up betweem the driver side doors in the B pillar
I know this because my RCA wire broke and i had to run a new one and thats how i found that out
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
Tinted tails
more to come....
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #7268
BobG97
2005 WK 

I'm not a fan of those style converters, I'll probably just wait till I get my new headunit so I can do it without splicing into the factory harness.
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #7269
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

You know, the touch screen is nice, with the nav and all......
But I really do wish I had a 6 cd changer

Yea, its got the built in hard-drive....... but still, I have a stack of cd's in my middle compartment, and it would be nice if my radio held more than one.

Plus it always screws up on me. I have had the damn screen freeze numerous times. To where its unusable (not playing music or anything) until I stop and restart my jeep. Sometimes the rear view cam won't pop up, instead it shows the gps screen, and then it wont go away.

I also had a strange problem before where my nav froze and wouldn't let me search, type in addresses, check POI's, nothing. And it happened when I really needed the nav also. I tried restarting the jeep but it didn't work. I ended up having to shut my jeep off and wait like a good 10-15 minutes and then turn it back on, and it finally worked. But then I lost all of my contacts that I had saved on my damn phonebook of the radio. It pretty much wiped all of my settings clean off.

Its nice when it works right, but sometimes I wish I had the normal 6 cd changer.
Maybe I can put my head unit on the market, and get myself a nice aftermarket, that's an idea. But then I will lose my Sirius subscription, Im not sure if you can transfer those.
Unread 01-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #7270
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

yea i have heard of too many problems with mygigs
i want an aftermarket deck but the adapters cost so damn much lol
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
Tinted tails
more to come....
Unread 01-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #7271
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97 View Post
I keep shackles, snatch strap, jumper cables, a few extra clevis hooks, a few essential tools and a 6' strap all in a ready bag in the back, I don't see the point in having it on the jeep when you have to remove the shackle to hook the strap anyhow.
Um, bc shackles look cool! but yea it definitely depends on where you live and where you park.
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #7272
BobG97
2005 WK 

Haha they do look cool! I leave my keys in my jeep everywhere, I'm not really worried about theft (out in the country) but I still use them enough that it's easier to get them out when I need them.
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #7273
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

I do think they look cool. Lol that's kind of why I want to keep them on.
But I live In a pretty nice neighborhood, however I work in the outskirts of Detroit, a pretty shady area with a lot of shady character's. Luckily my parking lot is gated with 3 foot barbed Wire and requires a key to open the auto gate. And with only 10 employees, I know everyone there.

I guess im more worried about parking at a store or the movies than anything really.

I'll probably end up taking it off the back. But when I get the front shackles installed, those will be staying on.
Unread 01-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #7274
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I know just what you mean! I too think it looks better with the shackles on, and anything else that you strap onto the Jeep to make it look rugged and awesome for that matter. I used to live in a small town where everyone knew each other and trusted each other. We left our homes unlocked and keys in the ignition, it was awesome! Then I moved to Fresno and after that here in north mexico where I quickly learned that anything that can be removed from your vehicle with common tools will quickly find a new owner. That is why I try to keep what I can inside and everything else at least take some good trouble to remove. It sucks but I like to keep what I spend my hard earned money on.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 04:51 AM   #7275
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
yea i have heard of too many problems with mygigs
i want an aftermarket deck but the adapters cost so damn much lol
Yep. But It makes it worth it!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.