What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 484 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 01-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #7246
Robb286

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet

Looks good! I've been wanting to install one, but not sure which one I want.
Thank you, this is a 14" one and it works just like the stock whip. Turns out my buddy has the same antenna and as no problems with his either. He got his at a pep boys instead. :thumpsup:

Robb286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #7247
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Nice, I'll have to check pepboys next time I'm out
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #7248
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Well I got a Warn Shackle receiver for Christmas,
So I wen't out and bought a stainless steel, locking pin so nobody snatches it.
Then I took some pliers and tightened down the d-ring so that it would be harder for would-be-thieves to remove without pliers. I just wish there was a way to lock them d-rings also.....

I also got the S4x front shackle mounts that I need to find time to install. Im just a bit worried about removing the bumper, and dealing with those damn rivets that I keep hearing about. So that is going to be a weekend project.

And I have to install a full audio system that I have also. Front and rear speakers, an amp, and another amp/bass. But that is also going to be a weekend project. Removing door panels, and taking apart my front dash to get behind the radio.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #7249
BobG97
2005 WK 

The bumper cover is easy, I wouldn't sweat that at all, just pick up a package of reusable plastic push clips and you will be set.

I have a sub and amp that I want to put in but I have a stock head unit, I am not sure how to tie that amp into the factory setup, it might have to wait for a head unit!
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #7250
ca07wk
2007 WK 

Installed some s4xc shackle mounts. Thinking about picking up a set of black shackles.

20130101_143043.jpg

20130101_143055.jpg
OME HD / Bilsteins / RRO UCA / Toyo AT2 on Moabs / Volant / Viper TB / Powerwire / TB Ground / Sprint Booster / JKS Rear Discos / Asfir Skid / Apsen Creek Skid / Front Shackles / Rear Sliders / Cobra CB / S4xC Antenna Mount w/ 2' Firestix
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #7251
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb286 View Post
Installed a much needed shorty antenna!
hey bud i used to have that same exact antenna and the threads rusted so bad that it sheered off when i tried to remove it one time which led me to have to order and all new antenna. i used some anti corrosive goop on my new antenna and have had no problems so far, i would suggest doing it to save yourself some headache down the road.
Unread 01-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #7252
Robb286

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutWK

hey bud i used to have that same exact antenna and the threads rusted so bad that it sheered off when i tried to remove it one time which led me to have to order and all new antenna. i used some anti corrosive goop on my new antenna and have had no problems so far, i would suggest doing it to save yourself some headache down the road.
Thanks rob! I appreciate the heads up.
Robb286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #7253
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
Well I got a Warn Shackle receiver for Christmas,
So I wen't out and bought a stainless steel, locking pin so nobody snatches it.
Then I took some pliers and tightened down the d-ring so that it would be harder for would-be-thieves to remove without pliers. I just wish there was a way to lock them d-rings also.....
The best way I have find is to remove it and stow it inside where it will be safe. Besides, when the time comes when you need to through a rope on there you will need to remove the shackle anyways. So why go through the trouble of muscling the shackle off to get the rope on there all while worrying about someone stealing it when you aren't looking? I keep all of my accessories in the rear cargo area inside one of the cubbies. That way I know where they are when I need them. Just my 2 cents.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 11:39 PM   #7254
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
I also got the S4x front shackle mounts that I need to find time to install. Im just a bit worried about removing the bumper, and dealing with those damn rivets that I keep hearing about.
I just installed the s4xc shackle mounts last weekend, and the member sunrcr69 had a really good idea using a few screws, washers, and rubber well nuts instead of the rivets. I found all the supplies at my local Menards and it worked out really well. Much easier than dealing with those stupid plastic rivets. Here is the link to the thread where he describes it:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/i.../#post12602005
bhawks28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 01:31 AM   #7255
ca07wk
2007 WK 

Started my ARB compressor install, got everything mounted, and the under hood wiring ran, just need to finish in cabin wiring and optest.

20130102_001427.jpg

20130102_001418.jpg

20130102_001409.jpg

I absolutely stole the location from Omelet.
OME HD / Bilsteins / RRO UCA / Toyo AT2 on Moabs / Volant / Viper TB / Powerwire / TB Ground / Sprint Booster / JKS Rear Discos / Asfir Skid / Apsen Creek Skid / Front Shackles / Rear Sliders / Cobra CB / S4xC Antenna Mount w/ 2' Firestix
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #7256
BonesWK
2006 WK 

CA07wk, in reference to the black shackles, just paint em up man. I did the same to mine, looks great.
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Chive On
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #7257
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

I keep all 3 of my shackles mounted on the outside and nobody has ever stolen any...maybe the NRA sticker scares off thieves
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #7258
BobG97
2005 WK 

I keep shackles, snatch strap, jumper cables, a few extra clevis hooks, a few essential tools and a 6' strap all in a ready bag in the back, I don't see the point in having it on the jeep when you have to remove the shackle to hook the strap anyhow.
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #7259
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
Started my ARB compressor install, got everything mounted, and the under hood wiring ran, just need to finish in cabin wiring and optest.

I absolutely stole the location from Omelet.
Looks good bud! I recognize myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post
I keep all 3 of my shackles mounted on the outside and nobody has ever stolen any...maybe the NRA sticker scares off thieves
Or it could just be your location. You can't get away with that down here, NRA sticker or not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97 View Post
I keep shackles, snatch strap, jumper cables, a few extra clevis hooks, a few essential tools and a 6' strap all in a ready bag in the back, I don't see the point in having it on the jeep when you have to remove the shackle to hook the strap anyhow.
Exactly!!!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #7260
oducks12
2005 WK 

Posted it on craigslist.... 200 mile daily commute is killing me on gas. Still might keep it, just gauging interest. Might sell the gf's car instead and keep the jeep.
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="1"][CENTER]Silver WK Club Member #35 | 2005 WK 3.7 Laredo | Hypertech 52001 programmer | K&N Intake | Magnaflow 50 series muffler | Navigation | Rola rack | 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill | 2 KC Daylighters on roof | ARB on board air compressor | 265 70 17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's | Pinch weld and rear fender trim | Spidertrax 1.5" spacers | expanded metal grill | LED stack lights | Monroe LL shocks | Bilstein HD struts | Rough Country 2" lift | Kenwood amp w/ two Alpine type R 10" subs[/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER][SIZE="2"]See How It Was Made [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/oducks-build-thread-1385731/"][B][COLOR="Black"]HERE[/COLOR][/B][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]
oducks12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.