What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 482 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 12-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #7216
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasko
Went to get it inspected in va and it was failed due to having led tail lights...as well as a bad ball joint?!?! The tolerance is apparently .020" and it was just a hair over that...bs.
That tail light thing seems like bs. Granted, you live in the only state that radar detectors are illegal so who knows. That's horrible if that's really the law.

05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #7217
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283

That tail light thing seems like bs. Granted, you live in the only state that radar detectors are illegal so who knows. That's horrible if that's really the law.
I agree, there are a lot of vehicles that have led taillights from the factory. I'd call BS on that!
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #7218
DieselDevotion
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97

I agree, there are a lot of vehicles that have led taillights from the factory. I'd call BS on that!
I'm sure the tail lights didn't have a dot certification. Just another way of the government adding more taxes.
DieselDevotion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 03:24 AM   #7219
segona
2007 XK Commander 

Last wheeling in snowy day 2012
image-1443159766.jpg   image-3903984676.jpg   image-4266287430.jpg   image-1771516951.jpg   image-3641825543.jpg  

image-1266246326.jpg   image-1377323246.jpg   image-359222020.jpg  
segona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #7220
MrBlack
2007 WK 

This arrived!
2012-12-30_11-33-50_531.jpg  
'07 WK Overland Hemi - Modified OME HD - 285/70R17 Duratracs - Spidertraxx - JKS #2001 - Gibson cat back - Volant CAI - Superchips - BT catch can - 4x Guard front skid
MrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #7221
Discman03
2008 WK 

I just got the same package! I can't wait!
Discman03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #7222
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Got my alarm and remote start installed today... This thing is amazing !!
Unread 12-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #7223
BobG97
2005 WK 

Stuffed my spare under my jeep but had to deflate it. Should have more time tomorrow to cut the bolts an make a little more clearance. Does anyone know how to turn off the low spare air pressure message?
Unread 12-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #7224
Robb286
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by segona
Last wheeling in snowy day 2012
Great looking commander man!! That thing is awesome!!
Robb286 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #7225
BurmaJack
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97 View Post
Stuffed my spare under my jeep but had to deflate it. Should have more time tomorrow to cut the bolts an make a little more clearance. Does anyone know how to turn off the low spare air pressure message?
You could remove the TPMS transmitter from your spare tire, as the spare tire is a quick fix until a repar can be done on your flat and is not a daily driver wheel.

If you think about it, having a flat on the road and using the spare is going to cause the TPMS to chime anyway for your flat till you get it fixed so there is no use having a transmitter on your spare if you already know its deflated. Just a suggestion because I don't know if this can be done

Blue WK Club Member #2
BurmaJack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #7226
RMC_xj
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ View Post
Did you buy the blue CRD from Courtenay Toyota? I was drooling over that one as well...

My WK is in near perfect condition, basically a new Jeep with 7 years experience. I am amazed at how clean it is. My new Dakota back in 03 was not this nice after 1 year and I babied that thing.
I L O V E my WK, and I love the CRD. I couldn't be more pleased. I just need the HD OME lift, some spacers, and the Matrix bumper system to go with the JK Rubi take-offs I got for cheap in Vancouver.

Courtenay had a CRD? The furthest up island I've been on my Jeep hunt was to Nanaimo Toyota, they had an 05 4.7 with low KM, but the morning I drove up they sold it!

I picked mine up from the Chev dealership in Duncan, Baljet GM. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with. Zero pressure, and the salesman was anything but pushy. I almost bought the 07 Limited CRD at Ensign. But after taxes and interest, they wanted $35k, without any extended warranty. Highway robbery!
RMC_xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #7227
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurmaJack

You could remove the TPMS transmitter from your spare tire, as the spare tire is a quick fix until a repar can be done on your flat and is not a daily driver wheel.

If you think about it, having a flat on the road and using the spare is going to cause the TPMS to chime anyway for your flat till you get it fixed so there is no use having a transmitter on your spare if you already know its deflated. Just a suggestion because I don't know if this can be done
I thought about that but then I have to break down the spare again I hope to have it inflated in a day or two, hopefully it won't drive me crazy till then. I was just hoping it was an easy message to disable
Unread 12-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #7228
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlack
This arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discman03
I just got the same package! I can't wait!
Mine's still sitting in the basement. Are you guys installing yourself? Is it bad if you don't weld it on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97
I don't think you can turn off the spare indicator light. Someone mentioned once about putting the sensor in a pressurized container or something. I don't know if that works though.
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #7229
BobG97
2005 WK 

I don't think you can turn off the spare indicator light. Someone mentioned once about putting the sensor in a pressurized container or something. I don't know if that works though.[/QUOTE]

It would be easier to remove the sensor, i didn't have the spare in for a few weeks and it never have a message.
Unread 12-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #7230
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMC_xj View Post
I L O V E my WK, and I love the CRD. I couldn't be more pleased. I just need the HD OME lift, some spacers, and the Matrix bumper system to go with the JK Rubi take-offs I got for cheap in Vancouver.

Courtenay had a CRD? The furthest up island I've been on my Jeep hunt was to Nanaimo Toyota, they had an 05 4.7 with low KM, but the morning I drove up they sold it!

I picked mine up from the Chev dealership in Duncan, Baljet GM. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with. Zero pressure, and the salesman was anything but pushy. I almost bought the 07 Limited CRD at Ensign. But after taxes and interest, they wanted $35k, without any extended warranty. Highway robbery!
Kool, I think I saw that one online as well. I talked Harris down to $15K flat from 19K they were asking on the LTD Hemi I got at Harris. Honestly they are kind of dicks, and I am not sure I will ever go back there. I got a warranty, but had to pay for 1/2 of it. Made the sales manager pay for 1/2...was going to walk because he wouldn't pay for all of it.

Good to know about Baljet... close to home still and they seem to have a good selection.

Oh and to keep my post in line with this thread, I ordered a new Pioneer DEH-80PRS single DIN Audiophile head unit for my WK. It will go VERY well with the JL Audio speakers I just bought and my Infinity Dual voice coil SUB and Pioneer Primer D-Class Monoblock amp!

Boom Boom Boom...

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.