What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 462 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 11-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #6916
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony92x

Thanks. Tried to wrap them around the cross bars but that ended up scratching the **** out of my roof. Said screw it zipties it is.

Sent from the Pillar of Autumn
Last year before my rola I used these cheap dollars store lights that had a soft rubbery bulb... Didn't scratch a thing haha

This year I'm thinking about using huge bulbs lol

Unread 11-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #6917
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Christmas lights are a cool idea, too bad I don't have a rack though. ahhh one day ill get there.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #6918
08hemi
2008 WK 

The urges are overwhelming...

This will be my first post on this forum. Had my 08' WK 5.7l limited for about a year now, just stock pavement pounder. I've been reading and planning and saving $$$ for a while now. The build itch became overwhelming the other day when...

Picked up some JK wheels yesterday from a guy off of craigslist for, get this, free. Guess he tried to sell them a while back and it was a no go so his wife told him to get rid of them, awesome score. They have the Wrangler SRA's on them still which have enough meat left on them to get to the tire shop next week. Painted them Duplicolor graphite today, looks so sweet. debating on clear coating them. Putting on a custom fab'd rough country style 2" lift this weekend with +2 Monroes in the rear.

Soon to come- Cooper Discoverer II's (265/70-17), K&N intake, cut out the stock muffler any weld in a Dynomax VT, DS tuner.
08hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #6919
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08hemi View Post
This will be my first post on this forum. Had my 08' WK 5.7l limited for about a year now, just stock pavement pounder. I've been reading and planning and saving $$$ for a while now. The build itch became overwhelming the other day when...

Picked up some JK wheels yesterday from a guy off of craigslist for, get this, free. Guess he tried to sell them a while back and it was a no go so his wife told him to get rid of them, awesome score. They have the Wrangler SRA's on them still which have enough meat left on them to get to the tire shop next week. Painted them Duplicolor graphite today, looks so sweet. debating on clear coating them. Putting on a custom fab'd rough country style 2" lift this weekend with +2 Monroes in the rear.

Soon to come- Cooper Discoverer II's (265/70-17), K&N intake, cut out the stock muffler any weld in a Dynomax VT, DS tuner.
Sounds good. Looks like your going to be on an empty wallet like the rest of us.
Unread 11-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #6920
BobG97
2005 WK 

Isn't that the jeep owners way? JEEP = Just Emptied Every Pocket
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #6921
theducttapegod

Mine failed a second Maryland state inspection today. Good times to be had by all.
theducttapegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #6922
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducttapegod
Mine failed a second Maryland state inspection today. Good times to be had by all.
For what reason?
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 12:20 AM   #6923
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Thought I would get into the holiday spirit this year

Quote:

Thanks. Tried to wrap them around the cross bars but that ended up scratching the **** out of my roof. Said screw it zipties it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps

Last year before my rola I used these cheap dollars store lights that had a soft rubbery bulb... Didn't scratch a thing haha

This year I'm thinking about using huge bulbs lol
I just bought some LEDs yesterday. I was thinking zip ties would be the only way to go. Did you get battery powered ones?
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 12:45 AM   #6924
Anthony92x
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283

I just bought some LEDs yesterday. I was thinking zip ties would be the only way to go. Did you get battery powered ones?
Nah I have a power inverter in the back and the lights just ran into the rear hatch. it's held up so far and it's been raining a lot so I seem to be good to go for a while still. Waiting for this weekend to drive around. My GF says its going to embarrass her so even that's a reason to keep them on.

Unread 11-28-2012, 05:21 AM   #6925
scootter82
2009 WK 

Finally got around to doing some work! Put Seafoam in the engine oil and gas tanks. Quieted the knock down! Did the TB ground wire mod! Installed Superchips Flashpaq!
Unread 11-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #6926
AA-Train
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootter82
Did the TB ground wire mod!
Yep. I'm def a newb!! What is this "TB ground wire mod" ppl are talking about? Are there any threads on it? What does it do?

Thanks

Šo| | | | | | |oŠ
Muffler Delete; Homemade Intake (w/ Spectre P4 & 4" Tubing)
AA-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #6927
JRLT
2010 WK 

It's been said that the ground on the newer TB's without the throttle cable is poor so you just get a cable/wire and wire up a ground cable to the throttle body.
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #6928
RMC_xj
2007 WK 

Hoped on the ferry over to Vancouver to pick up some JK Moab wheels. The spare is brand new, and the other 4 are 30% ish. Paid 200 for the 5! However I'm going to need to find some TPMS valve stems. :/
RMC_xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 01:51 AM   #6929
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMC_xj
Hoped on the ferry over to Vancouver to pick up some JK Moab wheels. The spare is brand new, and the other 4 are 30% ish. Paid 200 for the 5! However I'm going to need to find some TPMS valve stems. :/
eBay. I found 5 new ones for less than $60 shipped.
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 06:42 AM   #6930
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

Gotta swap back to my stock wheels this weekend before we start getting snow and salt..
IndyBlueWK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.