What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 459 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 11-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #6871
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naidib04

I had the same code. Dealer did a flash on the computer. Just needed that update.
Yeah we tried that first but as soon as I tore the front cover off of the diff I could see the wires were broken... I replaced the solenoid just to be safe!

BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #6872
phottomatt
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97

That's strange, we tried running the codes with a local shops computer and it couldn't read any codes, the dodge dealer had to read mine before it would show.

You can probably change it without dropping the dif like I did, it might be worth checking the next fluid change.

On a side note, having the solenoid replaced I am getting 4-6 mpg higher now.
Its funny you mention mileage because mine gets 9mpg around town and best I see on highway is 17-19
Unread 11-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #6873
asatxj
2001 WJ 

Sold it! Now it's just WJ's and a TJ in the family.
ASAT= All Season All Terrain
asatxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #6874
84foxgt
2007 WK 

Got Hyperteched!! Finally got one used on ebay for $150 and it worked. Just froze my *** off outside installing it. Will drive tomorrow.
2007 v6: Rough Country kit, Aries taillight gaurds, 2457517 Wrangler Silent Armors, LED interior lights, painted oe wheels Gunmetal, Topline 1.5" wheel spacers,SOLID rear diff cover,CREE backup lights,Hypertech Programmer
84foxgt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #6875
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phottomatt

Its funny you mention mileage because mine gets 9mpg around town and best I see on highway is 17-19
I was getting about 12-13mpg but now it's hitting 16-17 but that's on some big hills so I'll see what the true mileage is on the highway tomorrow. I'd be really happy with 17-19 out of that Hemi lol
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2012, 06:35 AM   #6876
baggee
2007 WK 

Just sold my 2005 3.7 4x4 wk...Too much exotic car for my part of the world (southeast Europe,Bosnia and Herzegovina).Depreciation was huge.Bought it for $16k and nine monts later sold it for $12.5k. Now driving Audi A8 4.2 quattro 04 model and loving it...
baggee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #6877
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Well,
I got bored, decided to plasti-dip my stock chrome wheels. (I hate chrome)
Im on my second coat.

My plan was to make them flat black with silver nuts, and the center "Jeep" cap silver with the writing in black.
Its also like 30 degrees outside, so im painting them in my garage, which is probably around 40. So hopefully they turn out ok.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #6878
mitek
2008 WK 

Installed cloud rider grille and bumper inserts.
image-2140273758.jpg   image-377148315.jpg  
2008 WK 3.0 CRD, GDE HOT tune, AEM Dryflo 9" cone air filter, Turbo muffler delete, Resonator delete, DPF delete, Bilstein HD F/R, Eibach lowering springs, GC SRT8 F/R sway bars, GC SRT8 20" wheels: summer (staggered) / winter (black replicas with Blizzaks), GC SRT8 seats F/R
mitek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #6879
phottomatt
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc
Well,
I got bored, decided to plasti-dip my stock chrome wheels. (I hate chrome)
Im on my second coat.

My plan was to make them flat black with silver nuts, and the center "Jeep" cap silver with the writing in black.
Its also like 30 degrees outside, so im painting them in my garage, which is probably around 40. So hopefully they turn out ok.
I did mine that way but didn't clean the corners well enough so they peeled in a couple days. Looked awesome tho.

forumrunner_20121124_184805.jpg
Unread 11-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #6880
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phottomatt View Post
I did mine that way but didn't clean the corners well enough so they peeled in a couple days. Looked awesome tho.

Attachment 512889
Damn those look really nice like that. I didn't leave the ring on the edge. I painted that.

I also like your wheels a lot better, my 2008 has a different design, I'm not too fond of.

I washed them pretty good first.... but I didn't get in there with rubbing alcohol or anything. I really hope they don't peel on me, that would suck a little.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
Unread 11-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #6881
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Got this bad boy in the mail today... Just waiting on my intake and throttle body.. Ill put the airram on tomorrow and let you guys know the results

image-52908445.jpg
Unread 11-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #6882
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitek
Installed cloud rider grille and bumper inserts.
You spent $570 on them?

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #6883
mitek
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naidib04

You spent $570 on them?
guilty))
2008 WK 3.0 CRD, GDE HOT tune, AEM Dryflo 9" cone air filter, Turbo muffler delete, Resonator delete, DPF delete, Bilstein HD F/R, Eibach lowering springs, GC SRT8 F/R sway bars, GC SRT8 20" wheels: summer (staggered) / winter (black replicas with Blizzaks), GC SRT8 seats F/R
mitek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2012, 10:19 PM   #6884
Robb286
2006 WK 

The grille looks awesome but that's nuts!
Robb286 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #6885
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Alright, finished the plasti-dipping of my wheels today. I think it turned out pretty good.

The plasti-dip of the actual wheels was easy, although I did quite a few coats just to be sure that not silver shined through in the inner parts of the wheel.

The harder part was the center cap. i wanted to keep it silver but paint the "jeep" logo black. My first idea was to just plasti-dip the whole center cap, then take a razer blade and cut out the letters and peel the rest off. That didn't end up working like planned, and the razer wouldn't cut the plasti-dip well, it just kind of pulled it off. So my second plan was to tape off everything except the "jeep" logo, which took a good 30 minutes of real fine painters tape and razer work. But in the end, when I pulled off the tape, it still pulled the letters off with it. So I just went basic, and took some flat black paint, and a paint brush and I brushed a few layers of black into the "jeep" logo of the center cap, then I sprayed some clear coat matte on the center caps, to remove some of the chrome mirror finish. That actually worked quite well, and made the chrome cap look more like normal silver.

Here are some final pics, it was dark out when I finally got everything back together, so I will try to get a daylight picture tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.