What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 456 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #6826
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb286

I wasn't the biggest fan of those headlights but with the superlift, tires, and winch... The jeep LOOKS AWESOME!! Nice job!
Thanks, it's just one more thing knocked off the todo list! I wanted to put a roof rack and the spare on top but the rack alone won't clear my garage door

I still plan on doing a bit more before the end of the year, taillights, interior LEDs, rock rails, and a belly skid are all Next in line lol

BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #6827
Robb286
2006 WK 

Nice bob, have thought of doing a build thread with all of these mods?
Robb286 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #6828
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
No, he said its an android pad, all you need to do is download an FM tuner app and you can get any radio station in the world...much better the a stock radio in which you only get local stations. No to mention it will hold your entire music library and Pandora Radio as well. N
Yeah, I should have clarified. I lost local radio, but could access radio through apps when tethered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
You can get an "Isimple" set up off Amazon for $80. It gives you an Ipod connection as well as an Aux RCA port. With the Ipod you can skip through songs and playlists from the steering wheel. I don't know if it would work the same with an Ipad though.
I am using an iSimple setup here. With a few custom additions...

Quote:
Dude, I run a Samsung Galaxy tab in mine, how did you lose you radio????? Just download the Tune In Radio app, I get stations from California and I live in Chicago.
The tablet in the TJ is a rooted and custom ROM'd B&N Nook color. I could only get radio when tethered. Considering the spotty cell reception around here, it just wasn't a setup I wanted to rely on. I found myself using my Slacker subscription and it's ability to cache audio more than anything. The tablet was always on (with blanked screen when not in use) and would update the cache nightly. It was everything great about having a variety of music, without having to deal with commercials.
Unread 11-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #6829
partlowr
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
Yeah, I should have clarified. I lost local radio, but could access radio through apps when tethered.

I am using an iSimple setup here. With a few custom additions...

The tablet in the TJ is a rooted and custom ROM'd B&N Nook color. I could only get radio when tethered. Considering the spotty cell reception around here, it just wasn't a setup I wanted to rely on. I found myself using my Slacker subscription and it's ability to cache audio more than anything. The tablet was always on (with blanked screen when not in use) and would update the cache nightly. It was everything great about having a variety of music, without having to deal with commercials.
That makes sense, I just assumed you were using a 4G tablet. Mine is a 4G so I can use it anywhere there is a phone signal. I have also been with T-Mobile for ten years since they started offering service here in the U.S.so I am grandfathered in to a true unlimited data plan. I think today's "unlimited" plant limit you to just a few gigs per month so I lucked out.
partlowr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #6830
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
That makes sense, I just assumed you were using a 4G tablet. Mine is a 4G so I can use it anywhere there is a phone signal. I have also been with T-Mobile for ten years since they started offering service here in the U.S.so I am grandfathered in to a true unlimited data plan. I think today's "unlimited" plant limit you to just a few gigs per month so I lucked out.
I'd like to get a new 4G capable tablet, but I'm also on a grandfathered unlimited plan with Verizon. I've got 3 smartphones on it, and adding a tablet would only be an additional $10 per month, but I'm pretty sure it would force a plan change. Once that happens, I can kiss my unlimited goodbye. I use wifi whenever I can, so my data usage really isn't that bad, but I want to hold out as long as possible. We'll see how long that lasts... lol.
Unread 11-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #6831
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb286
Nice bob, have thought of doing a build thread with all of these mods?
Probably so, once I get a few more mods worth reading about!
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2012, 01:33 AM   #6832
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt250

Finished it yesterday and I'm loving the look! Also took off the airdam while I was at it and think it looks so much better. The grill definitely stands out a lot more now. I ended up just sanding it down a bit and then doing a few clear coats over it. If you want better pics, let me know and once again, thanks for all the help!
Looks awesome!

What grit did you use?
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2012, 03:52 AM   #6833
Robb286
2006 WK 

Some pics from yesterday's trails...
image-2327681683.jpg   image-3131680852.jpg   image-1647964594.jpg   image-3607783439.jpg   image-4191296125.jpg  

image-1057045135.jpg   image-1858043789.jpg   image-3975696056.jpg   image-1511655381.jpg   image-1242879480.jpg  

Unread 11-19-2012, 07:33 AM   #6834
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Lookin good! Where are those trails at?
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #6835
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Stocked a suzuki
image-3250814662.jpg  
Unread 11-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #6836
Robb286
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu
Lookin good! Where are those trails at?
Thanks man, i live on the other side of that lake so the trails are basically in my back yard.
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #6837
carangelover
2007 WK 

woohoo finished my om he install. now just getting an oil changeand alignment
20121119_113110.jpg  
carangelover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #6838
reoj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Wife had it die a stop sign a couple times, no trouble codes so with 99k miles I figured I'd change a couple items. Changed the EGR and MAP - holy cow. No more high rev when started, much better throttle response, 3 MPG improvement
reoj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #6839
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Refurbed my key fobs, i found new buttons on ebay for 9.00 shipped, then throw a few coats of bedliner on the cases.
20121119_154657.jpg  
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #6840
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk
Refurbed my key fobs, i found new buttons on ebay for 9.00 shipped, then throw a few coats of bedliner on the cases.
Nice, well done!
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.