What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 454 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 11-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #6796
oducks12
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post
found a great price on rigid duallys!
http://4wheelonline.com/Rigid_Indust...199184.1454768

thank god for free shipping!

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="1"][CENTER]Silver WK Club Member #35 | 2005 WK 3.7 Laredo | Hypertech 52001 programmer | K&N Intake | Magnaflow 50 series muffler | Navigation | Rola rack | 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill | 2 KC Daylighters on roof | ARB on board air compressor | 265 70 17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's | Pinch weld and rear fender trim | Spidertrax 1.5" spacers | expanded metal grill | LED stack lights | Monroe LL shocks | Bilstein HD struts | Rough Country 2" lift | Kenwood amp w/ two Alpine type R 10" subs[/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER][SIZE="2"]See How It Was Made [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/oducks-build-thread-1385731/"][B][COLOR="Black"]HERE[/COLOR][/B][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]
oducks12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #6797
Robb286
2006 WK 

You couldn't beat their prices with a wiffleball bat! 4wheel online always as the best deals!
Robb286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #6798
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Can you PayPal ten million dollars?
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #6799
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu
Can you PayPal ten million dollars?
Bill Me Later!

Didn't do anything to the jeep today but I did pick up this little guy:

image-816715801.jpg
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #6800
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Where is the best place to buy switchesfor the s4xc switch panel? I'm thinking about getting some...
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #6801
BobG97
2005 WK 

Installed my SL and new wheels and tires yesterday and today. Advice for anyone thinking of doing this, make sure you have good metal sawzall blades, a plasma cutter or torch, and some help.

I have to do the pinch weld mod, install the skid and align the front-end, but other than that it's finished... For now

I'll post better pics tomorrow.
image-2148117796.jpg  
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #6802
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97
Installed my SL and new wheels and tires yesterday and today. Advice for anyone thinking of doing this, make sure you have good metal sawzall blades, a plasma cutter or torch, and some help.

I have to do the pinch weld mod, install the skid and align the front-end, but other than that it's finished... For now

I'll post better pics tomorrow.
Pretty Jealous
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 01:57 AM   #6803
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet
So after the last time I went wheeling I get a thud noise (metal hitting metal) every time I hit a large pothole or bump. It is definitely in the front diver side somewhere. After checking all the bolts and nuts and looking at everything I could think of I did find something that doesn't look right. I have a rough country 2" spacer lift.
These pics are from the oval hole under the hood where the top of the shock is bolted to the spacer.
The top pic is the passenger side (looks good). Notice that there is a bushing, then a washer, then the top nut.
The middle pic is the driver side.
It looks like the washer on this shock was never installed after the bushing and before the nut. I almost didn't even realize the nut was on the shock still, but moving the bushing slightly, I could make out that the nut was sunken in. This definitely looks like part of the problem, if not the problem. Maybe the bolt on top of the shock is making direct contact with the spacer causing the thud that I keep hearing?
The last picture is also the driver side.
Same location, and for some reason it looks like my shock is now crooked and making contact with part of the oval hole (frame).
Just wandering if anyone has some insight on if this may cause the problem or ways I can try to fix this?
I cant picture where that's at. I have been having same issue. I believe it might be the bolts on the spacer.
Unread 11-18-2012, 02:43 AM   #6804
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653

I cant picture where that's at. I have been having same issue. I believe it might be the bolts on the spacer.
The passenger side is pretty much just under the engine coolant and the driver side is under the fuse station ( you have to move some things to see them). I went through and trimmed the hole a little bit so that maybe the top of the shock won't hit it anymore, but still haven't test drove it yet. I need to put a washer under the nut (on top of the bushing on the top of the shock), but I don't have coil clamps to do it yet.
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 06:20 AM   #6805
JordanD07
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post
Where is the best place to buy switchesfor the s4xc switch panel? I'm thinking about getting some...
Www. Otrattw.com
'07 3.7 4x4 QT1 ll Red WK Club #27 ll OME ll Monroe LL ll Rusty's ll ProComp ll BFG ll 4xGuard ll S4XC ll VLEDS ll Infinity ll Thrush ll Riddler ll 6K HID
JordanD07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 06:58 AM   #6806
84foxgt
2007 WK 

Got a deal on a hypertech tuner on ebay. Cant wait!!!
2007 v6: Rough Country kit, Aries taillight gaurds, 2457517 Wrangler Silent Armors, LED interior lights, painted oe wheels Gunmetal, Topline 1.5" wheel spacers,SOLID rear diff cover,CREE backup lights,Hypertech Programmer
84foxgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #6807
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84foxgt View Post
Got a deal on a hypertech tuner on ebay. Cant wait!!!
I got mine used off Ebay as well and have been very happy. Go to Hypertech's website and download their "Tuner Update Application". Before you connect the tuner to the truck plug it into the computer and run the app. It'll tell you if the unit is clean (not bound to another vehicle) and update it for your vehicle.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #6808
84foxgt
2007 WK 

Is there a charge for that Buda? The person selling it guaranteed it to be free and updated already.
2007 v6: Rough Country kit, Aries taillight gaurds, 2457517 Wrangler Silent Armors, LED interior lights, painted oe wheels Gunmetal, Topline 1.5" wheel spacers,SOLID rear diff cover,CREE backup lights,Hypertech Programmer
84foxgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #6809
Budasac
2005 WK 

No, no charge. It's a good way to test the unit before exposing your Jeep to it. The only time there would be a charge would be if it was bound to another vehicle and you wanted it wiped clean. My tuner was originally bought for use with a JK but I updated it through the app for my WK.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #6810
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
Post some pics up when you get it all finished. Of like to see how it looks with just the clear. Interestingly enough, I saw a bunch of different chrome spray paints at advance today. I might buy a can and see how that looks on something.
Finished it yesterday and I'm loving the look! Also took off the airdam while I was at it and think it looks so much better. The grill definitely stands out a lot more now. I ended up just sanding it down a bit and then doing a few clear coats over it. If you want better pics, let me know and once again, thanks for all the help!
jeep.jpg  

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.