What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 453 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 11-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #6781
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr
Plasti-dipped(matte black) a new aircraft style gas cap door. Started out as a tacky chrome piece but I think I transformed it nicely.
I had one on my jeep when i first got it, does it stick out passed the body line?

Unread 11-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #6782
partlowr
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
I had one on my jeep when i first got it, does it stick out passed the body line?
The raised part where you stick your finger to open the door obviously extends beyond the body surface and the alan botl head stick up maybe .125". Its a pretty simple and clean looking install.
partlowr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #6783
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
The raised part where you stick your finger to open the door obviously extends beyond the body surface and the alan botl head stick up maybe .125". Its a pretty simple and clean looking install.
allright then thats completely different then what i had mine was a think stick on one that stood out about a half inch completely from the body looked horrible... looks sweet man i may think about doing one
Unread 11-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #6784
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

I believe this is the one he got if ur looking for name
image-1625433421.jpg  
Unread 11-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #6785
mattydipps
2006 WK 

bought some awesome goodies today !! hopefully i can get them delivered soon and then the fun begins
Unread 11-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #6786
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

It looks like it locks.
Unread 11-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #6787
JordanD07
2007 WK 

Quote:
bought some awesome goodies today !! hopefully i can get them delivered soon and then the fun begins
Specifics!
'07 3.7 4x4 QT1 ll Red WK Club #27 ll OME ll Monroe LL ll Rusty's ll ProComp ll BFG ll 4xGuard ll S4XC ll VLEDS ll Infinity ll Thrush ll Riddler ll 6K HID
JordanD07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #6788
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

So after the last time I went wheeling I get a thud noise (metal hitting metal) every time I hit a large pothole or bump. It is definitely in the front diver side somewhere. After checking all the bolts and nuts and looking at everything I could think of I did find something that doesn't look right. I have a rough country 2" spacer lift.
These pics are from the oval hole under the hood where the top of the shock is bolted to the spacer.
The top pic is the passenger side (looks good). Notice that there is a bushing, then a washer, then the top nut.
The middle pic is the driver side.
It looks like the washer on this shock was never installed after the bushing and before the nut. I almost didn't even realize the nut was on the shock still, but moving the bushing slightly, I could make out that the nut was sunken in. This definitely looks like part of the problem, if not the problem. Maybe the bolt on top of the shock is making direct contact with the spacer causing the thud that I keep hearing?
The last picture is also the driver side.
Same location, and for some reason it looks like my shock is now crooked and making contact with part of the oval hole (frame).
Just wandering if anyone has some insight on if this may cause the problem or ways I can try to fix this?
image-3650215060.jpg   image-2048118467.jpg   image-1862161450.jpg  
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #6789
partlowr
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653 View Post
It looks like it locks.
it's a fake key hole.
partlowr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #6790
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanD07 View Post
Specifics!
picked up a cold air intake a fastman throttle body and a powerwire... and im still not satisfied haha im currently looking for more things to buy lol
Unread 11-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #6791
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
picked up a cold air intake a fastman throttle body and a powerwire... and im still not satisfied haha im currently looking for more things to buy lol
Did you get the headers back when they were on sale?
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #6792
JRLT
2010 WK 

Order the headers. They went back up in price though.
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #6793
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Did you get the headers back when they were on sale?

i didnt order them i really didnt see a need for them at the time i wasnt planning any engine modifications.. but since all the exterior mods left are a SL and bigger tires im forced to move under the hood haha

unless omelet or any other mod god can come up with another cheap mod lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLT View Post
Order the headers. They went back up in price though.
do you have a clip of what your exhaust sounds like with everthing you have done to it? im really curious as to the mpgs and performance gained from headers first hand
Unread 11-17-2012, 06:33 PM   #6794
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

found a great price on rigid duallys!
http://4wheelonline.com/Rigid_Indust...199184.1454768

thank god for free shipping!
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #6795
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps

do you have a clip of what your exhaust sounds like with everthing you have done to it? im really curious as to the mpgs and performance gained from headers first hand
I would like to hear a clip of the headers as well.
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.