What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 452 - JeepForum.com

 215Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #6766 of 15980 Old 11-15-2012, 07:37 PM
blizzboy283
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu
Yea I'm thinking a $5 bracket from lowes would suffice...i don't keep my cover on so I'm contemplating the nicer hoses but don't think they're worth the money. I'm prob going to get a catch can and the whole under the hood kit, and maybe the throttle body cover
I have all of those in blue, sitting in a box for the last six months or so...well not the catch can anymore since I installed it today.


05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6767 of 15980 Old 11-15-2012, 07:43 PM
ramthis426
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: sharpsburg
Posts: 658
I did my front pinch welds and installed my spidertrax spacers very happy with the new look and being able to make sharp turns

Sent from my jeep while driving trying not to wreck reading these stupid Questions you ask

05 3.7 wk QT1,2.25 Old Man EMU,255/75/17 GY silent armors,call of duty black moabs,Spidertrax
1.5,Pinch weld & rear fender mod,hypertech max energy.1992 jeep xj larado 4.0,4.5 rought country lift, coustome built rear bumper with tire swing soon to be on 33s
ramthis426 is offline  
post #6768 of 15980 Old 11-15-2012, 08:48 PM
jjt250
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Omaha
Posts: 717
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post
Yea I'm thinking a $5 bracket from lowes would suffice...i don't keep my cover on so I'm contemplating the nicer hoses but don't think they're worth the money. I'm prob going to get a catch can and the whole under the hood kit, and maybe the throttle body cover
What size are you looking for the lower valence, 3/4" or 1/2"? I would check Amazon because they have a bunch of 48" x 48" sheets in both sizes. I'm gonna see how the grill goes tomorrow (hopefully) and if I have time, I'll check the lower valence while I'm at it. Is there like a how-to or any tips for removing the grill?

2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors
jjt250 is offline  
post #6769 of 15980 Old 11-15-2012, 09:11 PM
BobG97
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Piedmont
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt250

What size are you looking for the lower valence, 3/4" or 1/2"? I would check Amazon because they have a bunch of 48" x 48" sheets in both sizes. I'm gonna see how the grill goes tomorrow (hopefully) and if I have time, I'll check the lower valence while I'm at it. Is there like a how-to or any tips for removing the grill?
It's simple, there are a few clips in the top, pull them out, the rest unsnaps from the bottom.

Once out the black section will unsnap from the painted/chrome section.

2 mins tops lol
BobG97 is offline  
post #6770 of 15980 Old 11-15-2012, 09:26 PM
jjt250
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Omaha
Posts: 717
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97 View Post
It's simple, there are a few clips in the top, pull them out, the rest unsnaps from the bottom.

Once out the black section will unsnap from the painted/chrome section.

2 mins tops lol
Awesome, thanks. Sounds easy enough haha

2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors
jjt250 is offline  
post #6771 of 15980 Old 11-16-2012, 03:27 AM
blizzboy283
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt250

What size are you looking for the lower valence, 3/4" or 1/2"? I would check Amazon because they have a bunch of 48" x 48" sheets in both sizes. I'm gonna see how the grill goes tomorrow (hopefully) and if I have time, I'll check the lower valence while I'm at it. Is there like a how-to or any tips for removing the grill?
Wow good find! Idk, why I never even thought to look there. Looks like Stainless Supply is the one that sells most of the expanded sheet. I might actually just order up enough to redo my grill and lower valance in Stainless steel instead of the galvanized. With the stainless, it's cheaper to go right to there website.

05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline  
post #6772 of 15980 Old 11-16-2012, 11:05 AM
jeeper05
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 23
Just changed out the fluid in the front and rear diffs. Royal purple
jeeper05 is offline  
post #6773 of 15980 Old 11-16-2012, 06:36 PM
bhawks28
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: chicago
Posts: 799
changed the oil and rotated the tires
bhawks28 is offline  
post #6774 of 15980 Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 PM
jjt250
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Omaha
Posts: 717
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
Wow good find! Idk, why I never even thought to look there. Looks like Stainless Supply is the one that sells most of the expanded sheet. I might actually just order up enough to redo my grill and lower valance in Stainless steel instead of the galvanized. With the stainless, it's cheaper to go right to there website.
Yeah that was actually the first place I looked. I ended up going to Home Depot today and got two sheets. I think I'll only need one though. I also got that chrome paint you got but I'm thinking I'm just gonna do a bunch of clear coats right over it without painting it because I like the way it looks already. I'm gonna tackle this tomorrow.

2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors
jjt250 is offline  
post #6775 of 15980 Old 11-16-2012, 09:26 PM
blizzboy283
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt250

Yeah that was actually the first place I looked. I ended up going to Home Depot today and got two sheets. I think I'll only need one though. I also got that chrome paint you got but I'm thinking I'm just gonna do a bunch of clear coats right over it without painting it because I like the way it looks already. I'm gonna tackle this tomorrow.
Post some pics up when you get it all finished. Of like to see how it looks with just the clear. Interestingly enough, I saw a bunch of different chrome spray paints at advance today. I might buy a can and see how that looks on something.

05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline  
post #6776 of 15980 Old 11-17-2012, 02:34 PM
partlowr
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 99
Installed a new set of black powder coated lug nuts.
Attached Thumbnails
20121117_140711-1.jpg   20121117_142550.jpg  
partlowr is offline  
post #6777 of 15980 Old 11-17-2012, 02:37 PM
partlowr
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 99
Plasti-dipped(matte black) a new aircraft style gas cap door. Started out as a tacky chrome piece but I think I transformed it nicely.
Attached Thumbnails
20121117_125707-1.jpg   20121117_134951-1.jpg   20121117_152633-1.jpg  
partlowr is offline  
post #6778 of 15980 Old 11-17-2012, 03:05 PM
imthehink
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
Plasti-dipped(matte black) a new aircraft style gas cap door. Started out as a tacky chrome piece but I think I transformed it nicely.
Looks good
imthehink is offline  
post #6779 of 15980 Old 11-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Anthony92x
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Huntington
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr
Plasti-dipped(matte black) a new aircraft style gas cap door. Started out as a tacky chrome piece but I think I transformed it nicely.
Where did you get that? Looks really great

Sent from the Death Star

07 WK 3.7, Cree 7w reverse lights, tinted tails, kicker audio, K&N filter,ported TB, RC 1.25in spacers, Bilstein HDS, 4 prong plugs, aux lights, Bedliner'd grill, rear step and rear latch cover.
Anthony92x is offline  
post #6780 of 15980 Old 11-17-2012, 03:39 PM
partlowr
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony92x View Post
Where did you get that? Looks really great

Sent from the Death Star
Thanks, I ordered on ebay from Summit Racing, $31.95
partlowr is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Neozink
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Almost ran out of gas today SYCOHEMI WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 40 08-12-2016 07:36 AM
Got a 95 GC today colby72olds ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 2 06-20-2010 06:34 PM
got my 94 ZJ today, and did my first mod Saleen4971 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 09-22-2009 12:52 AM
sad day, today cyberbrain ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 21 02-06-2008 09:32 PM
Hey, Today is 5.9 day! CAHotRodBoy ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 05-09-2005 09:35 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome