What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 445 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 11-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #6661
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac

On Sun it's gonna be 66* though!! WTF?
I know!! I heard 68* now for two days record breaking highs by me wtfs going on ?!?! Lol

Unread 11-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #6662
fatso
2005 WK 

Changed front pads and rotors! I was surprised how easy it was! Definitely the easiest vehicle I have ever worked on.
Unread 11-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #6663
Anthony92x
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatso
Changed front pads and rotors! I was surprised how easy it was! Definitely the easiest vehicle I have ever worked on.
Same here. Went smooth which is a first for me.

Sent from the Death Star
Unread 11-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #6664
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI

Did you get the one with module and what did cost come to, all prices are crossed out??
bought the kit under the 05-06 WK section that ended in part number 829 (828 is the 2wd kit). I got free shipping and also ordered a set of front and rear wheel spacers ($200 + tax and free shipping too). Grand total was $1,716 so right at $1500 for the SL. It seemed like a good buy to me. Now I've also bought wheels and don't need the spacers but they look cool
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #6665
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu
just saw that 4xguard posted a question on their facebook page that they're going to make custom gears for the front diff for the wk/xk and are asking what ratio people want: 4.11, 4.56 or 4.88...so 4.11 is winning with 10 votes...4.56 has 5 votes
This has been in the works for months now (supposedly). I was originally very excited until I heard he wasn't making the gears for the OEM diff. Unless he has changed his mind he plans to make a steel replacement diff (like what he makes for the Libby) and produce gears for it ($$$!!!). Seeing as though I run 35s I would love a set of 4.56 gears. However I was also told the ELSD will not work in this new diff which means I would then need to spend even more money on an ARB locker in order to maintain my current off road capability. That is unless I want to down grade my system to the front lockerless 2011+ Grand Cherokee capability! :haha: So I would guess the grand total would be around $2500-3000 installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony92x
Sent from the Death Star
Haha, nice sig!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #6666
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Based on his fb post, it sounds like he's making gears for our diffs, not new diffs...I'm not interested either way after how well my wk performed at rausch, I was just throwing it out there for those who may be interested
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #6667
fingaz
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony92x View Post
Same here. Went smooth which is a first for me.

Sent from the Death Star
Did you guys go with some aftermarket brakes or just new stock brakes? I will need to change the brakes on the wk sometime in the not so distant future.

And yeah, brakes a so easy to change. I hate when people tell me the went and got them done at the mechanic and it cost them like $500. It really is a simple job. And I agree, the Jeep is soo easy to work on. Its really a great vehicle.
2009 3.7L Laredo Black | Two-Toned Leather | RER Nav/DVD/BA System | Viper alarm | HID's in the lows and fogs | Westin Brush Guard | Tinted Tails | Custom Blue LED Interior/Rear Hatch Lights | Rough Country 1.5" Spacers | General Grabber 255/70r17 -- Island Beach State Park 4x4 Mobile Sportsfishing Permit In -- To Do: Install Uniden CB, Rock lights
fingaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #6668
Anthony92x
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet

Haha, nice sig!
Owch. Yeah that wouldn't be very good on our pockets at all.

Thanks man. Ya know since JF doesn't have location services you have put where you are

Also. My jeep kinda kicked my *** this morning. Was driving about 45-47 that area and it decides to kick into first gear. luckily I drive with my hand on the shifter so when it did hit me forward my hand hit it into neutral. Speed sensor is in order just waiting for it to come in. Kinda wish I didn't sell my car now.

Sent from the Death Star
Unread 11-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #6669
06JeepXKHEMI
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97 View Post
bought the kit under the 05-06 WK section that ended in part number 829 (828 is the 2wd kit). I got free shipping and also ordered a set of front and rear wheel spacers ($200 + tax and free shipping too). Grand total was $1,716 so right at $1500 for the SL. It seemed like a good buy to me. Now I've also bought wheels and don't need the spacers but they look cool
Nice, thats a great deal!! Thanks sorry for the questions been waiting for SL and no one has had it for awhile..
Unread 11-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #6670
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony92x View Post
Owch. Yeah that wouldn't be very good on our pockets at all.

Thanks man. Ya know since JF doesn't have location services you have put where you are

Also. My jeep kinda kicked my *** this morning. Was driving about 45-47 that area and it decides to kick into first gear. luckily I drive with my hand on the shifter so when it did hit me forward my hand hit it into neutral. Speed sensor is in order just waiting for it to come in. Kinda wish I didn't sell my car now.

Sent from the Death Star
****ty. Hopefully it comes in soon.
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #6671
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI

Nice, thats a great deal!! Thanks sorry for the questions been waiting for SL and no one has had it for awhile..
Call those guys at 4wd.com, they told me that was the first one they had sold, and I got it Lin less than 5 days. I ordered it on wed and it came in on mon.
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #6672
Anthony92x
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05

****ty. Hopefully it comes in soon.
Funny thing. I believe I have a coupon for a free repair under $150 somewhere but I also believe my mom threw it away while going on a cleaning craze. Oh well. 1-6 days from now it will be fixed. If I can get the wheel off that is. I have bad luck with lug nuts.

Sent from the Death Star
Unread 11-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #6673
fatso
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingaz View Post
Did you guys go with some aftermarket brakes or just new stock brakes? I will need to change the brakes on the wk sometime in the not so distant future.
I did stock wearever rotors and wearever gold brakes. It ended being like $130 to do the front pads and rotors. Advance auto had a 20% off online orders sale.
Unread 11-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #6674
fatso
2005 WK 

Did front and rear diff fluid change. Hand pump to refill diffs is a must have!
Unread 11-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #6675
brutusjeep
2006 WK 

image-396038830.jpg

ort 8
2006 GC Limited, 5.7L HEMI, Quad II. 4XGUARD Belly & Front (black powder coat) skid plates. Matrix front guard, PIAA Matrix mounted lights, 265/70 Nitto Trail Graplers MT, 1.5" Spider Trax spacers, Super Chips Tuner, OME MD Lift, 4XGUARD differential guard, JBA UCA'S.
brutusjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.