Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Tags
radiator
2M views 19K replies 1K participants last post by  99sajeep 
#1 · (Edited)
Deleted

#14,903 ·
Replaced the blower motor resistor. I now have 4 speeds of AC/heat as opposed to just high! Very happy about that. Also ordered a navigation bezel from a fellow forum member today. Will be piecing an in-dash DVD unit since the stock 10 year old unit doesn't have U-connect or navigation.

#14,908 ·
I installed a new set of Rubicon Express sway bar disconnects last night. It's something I've been meaning to do for a while, but I moved up the timeline due to some front end clunking I've had since I installed my modified OME lift a few months back. I installed new sway bar bushings but that didn't fix it. The new disconnects did! It was a much quieter drive to work this morning.

#14,922 ·
I was caught high center in a mud hole for 6 hours.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ouch! Hope you didn't take much damage besides the front bumper cover.

I was in a similar situation a couple months back, stuck on my rear pig, and smashed my front bumper cover getting pulled out.

It's fun until you start taking damage.... If it wasn't a daily driver it would be a little different, :) lol

#14,924 ·
Dropped it off for a check up as it was having an odd starting issue? Every once in a while I would turn the key to start it and it would do nothing? Try again and it was fine?? I checked the battery, 12.5 amps cold so it had to be something else.

Dealer checked it after it was NOT happy this past weekend. They found nothing, and said that they would keep it overnight some time and re-test it at no charge to try to find the issue. Had a wash and an oil change while it was there. Oh and of course it has been working perfectly ever since!! heh

I was going to get the P41 recall for the ignition switch done, but they had to order parts. Will go back this week for it. Drove my dads 2006 Laredo that just had it done and man, that new switch sucks. The sticker looks ridiculous too. lol

Hey Tango Tango, how sturdy are those tow hooks? It looks like a rather flimsy mount, but I assume that they are pretty solid no? You picked those up at the dealer? How muchy??

#14,925 ·
I finally got one of my switches wired up.
I previously had my halos spliced into my running lights. But it really annoyed me because since the running(parking) lights are always on if your headlights are on, my halos would also be on with my headlights. I didn't like the fact that I couldn't shut them off.

Now I can turn them on without the running lights, or shut them off whenever.

The next switch slot is going to be for my grill lights. I already have the lights, just have to find another weekend day to install them and all the wiring again.

I wired the switch so that the lower light comes on and turns off with the rest of the dash/interior lights. It also dims/brightens with the dash lights. Then when the switch is powered on the top light turns on of course.

The switch wiring:

The Relay wiring:

#14,927 ·
Changed the oil.

This is kind of a big deal for me because for almost 14 years I lived in New York and I had no place to do any work at all... unless I wanted to do it in the street as if I were some kind of animal.

Now I'm back in Cali and I have a sweet garage and a sweet assigned parking spot. I'm also 2 blocks from the beach and it is 72 and sunny every single day. So happy.

Attachments

#14,938 ·
Take the insurance check and do the work yourself. Make money off the deal, & I seriously hope you kept that deer! I keep driving up and down country roads hoping to do the same exact thing. Well, without running over it the second time....

#14,941 ·
Got an estimate today, $3500. Insurance wants to "tow it to an evaluator to see if they wanna total it or not. It does have 100k miles on it" SCREW THAT! Tow it? It runs fine. It just smashed all the plastic up front. Total it? HELL NO. 15 days without it. 2015 Chrysler 200 for a rental. Not too happy.

#14,943 ·
hemi tick oil change

Another Hemi Tick successful Sea-Foam oil treatment & oil change story....

148Kmiles, owned it about 7 months now. Never heard the tick until a few days after I put Taylor shorties on, so I suspected arcing. Went through all of them with dielectric grease on the boots(even coils) and wasn't the issue. Went to wallmart(argh!) and picked up seafoam, Fram synthtec XM16 filter & 7 quarts of royal purple. Guessed at 1/3 can of seafoam(probably more like 1/2) and put it in in the parking lot, drove home about 16 miles.....Tick was gone.

Did oil change, 300 or so miles since and haven't heard it again.

#14,944 ·
I drove it to a couple job interviews today. Both interviews went well, but it seems like the one in particular might be a possible offer. The down side is more miles on my jeep, and the same pay that I currently make. But within the first year I would have potential to grow that rate of pay quite a bit. But mainly get my foot in the door for what I went to school for ( IT networking ) and gain some much needed experience for future jobs. So if offered anything, I'll probably have to take it.

I'm already thinking about purchasing a cheap "beater" daily to drive to work. Plus the parking garage at this place was only 6ft 6in in spots, and with my modified OME HD plus 255/75/17, plus my factory roof rails, I was probably only a few inches away from hitting. So possibly no roof rack or superlift in the future for me anymore :( :(

#14,945 ·
I drove it to a couple job interviews today. Both interviews went well, but it seems like the one in particular might be a possible offer. The down side is more miles on my jeep, and the same pay that I currently make. But within the first year I would have potential to grow that rate of pay quite a bit. But mainly get my foot in the door for what I went to school for ( IT networking ) and gain some much needed experience for future jobs. So if offered anything, I'll probably have to take it.

I'm already thinking about purchasing a cheap "beater" daily to drive to work. Plus the parking garage at this place was only 6ft 6in in spots, and with my modified OME HD plus 255/75/17, plus my factory roof rails, I was probably only a few inches away from hitting. So possibly no roof rack or superlift in the future for me anymore :( :(
Well good luck! It's always a good feeling getting the "foot in the door step" job :thumbsup: I couldn't imagine a 6 1/2 foot parking garage! That's insane! Parking garages now at a normal clearance make me cringe. It feels like im going to wedge myself at any moment lol :rofl: My dad had a lifted 01 ram 1500 and he earned some "stripes of honor" on his roof. Said he never heard anything lol

#14,947 ·
WK Sold, couldn't handle the N23 Saga!!!

Well after 8 years of owning GC's I'm done. I have loved the possibility to go anywhere at any time in these vehicles. That said, I've hated the dealerships and there incompetent methods. I have become the owner of 530 M Sport and I'm really glad to be out of the WK. What a discrace to break customers vehicles with a flawed software update and then deny the fact it was they're fault. I will never own a Jeep again.

I have a complete set of under guards, skid plates if anyone is interested. The front bumper to the transfer case and the fixings. I'm in the Yorkshire area of the U.K. If you would like them for a very reasonable cost please get in touch. 07701384499. Must be picked up. Good luck fellow Jeepers!!! I'll miss this site.

#14,948 ·
SPare

2007 WK CRD:

Finally got oversized spare tire tucked under rear on spare tire holder. Decided to go with the deflate. Will eventually trim protruding trailer hitch square about 1 cm (1/4"). Fr now tire is finally tucked in and seems safe. Have the new Viair compressor, I just need to remember to keep it with me at all times. Left 10 PSI in the tire for emergency. Used ARB deflator to bring it down to 10 form 35. Worked like a charm.

Cable lift for spare tire is meant for steel wheel. Considering I have alloy painted wheels with a smaller outside circle (for Jeep center) I wrapped cable end T liberally in black electrical tape, hoping it will soften the effect of the steel on the alloy.

Got tire in position with a few gentle adjustments of my size 11 kevlar boots, and got it winched up into place. I think I will add a safety chain just to make sure. The added weight and off road banging around could lead to a flying wheel on the highway which is a safety issue.

Swapped in 5th wheel and checked spidertraxx spacers for torque and loctite. One wheel nut needed to be removed and have loctite re applied.

Removed rear driver's calliper, checked and lubed pins and pad mounts. All in very nice shape.

Checked emergency brake. Seemed to hold fine.

Torqued all wheel nuts.

Took it for a test drive. Re-torqued.

Let me know if you need photos of any of this.