What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 421 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Rugged Ridge 07-14 JK Sherpa Roof Rack available @ Oconee Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 10-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #6301
Anthony92x
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruholm
My wife though since I didn't get the pin striping fixed from off roading she made sure to get it fixed.
I hope she didn't do that on purpose lol. But damn that's def not good man. R.I.P door

Unread 10-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #6302
Anthony92x
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecollins7
Woke up to a present from kolak this morning... Can't wait to get them on
I loved seeing the ups man drive up when I ordered my rears. Thing of beauty.
Unread 10-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #6303
Muddy4DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
I am happy with the quality, for under $150 including deflector shipped you can't go wrong IMO. Everything was square, and true(no warping/twisting) and welds look nice. finish is nice, it's more a fine textured matte finish. It's a two peice rack, the front section slides into the back section, if you look closely you can see the seem, not sure if racks such as the Rola are one or two peice. The Rola was my first choice but I could not find one delivered for under $205 and the Rage Stingray design looks identical in my opinion.

Here is a link to the seller item and seller I purchased the rack from on ebay, they are out of a suburb of Milwaukee. The link below is a Buy it Now price but I bought mine in an auction format from this seller with a starting bid of $119.00, I was the only person who bid so I scored it for $119 free shipping. Maybe send them an email with an offer.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROOF-RACK-CA...item43b4532f86

I live 3 minutes from you(Hafenrichter and Whitethorn), you are more than welcome to stop by and take a look at it in person. I did drop it while installing it and put a nice 1.5 inch scratch on it, one of my other projects this weekend will be to try to touch up the scratch so it doesnt rust or cause the paint/pweder coat to lift.
Did I see you driving north on Eola yesterday afternoon? I thought it might have been a dark blue WK but easily could have been black. If it wasn't, then there's another lifted WK in our neck of the woods.
Unread 10-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #6304
ruholm
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony92x

I hope she didn't do that on purpose lol. But damn that's def not good man. R.I.P door
No she didn't see the car coming the other way. Looks like we will be getting two new doors.
Unread 10-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #6305
06WKHEMI
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecollins7
Woke up to a present from kolak this morning... Can't wait to get them on
How long did you wait for them to arrive after you ordered?
2006 Black wk overland HEMI QDII. OME HD bilstein struts with 58643 monroe load levelers RRO uca, afe cold air intake,hella 500FF behind grille, RC 1.5 wheel spacers s4xc cb antenna mount with 5ft firestik and midland 1001wx CB,265/70-17 falken rockymountain ats, pinch weld mod, door lock mod, Rola basket with 2 Hella 500 FF`s.
06WKHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #6306
heathcrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr
A couple days ago I installed a roof rack, Mopar/Jeep rear window spoiler and tail light guards. I appologize for how dirty the rig is, I took some pics on my phone when I was done and it was clean but they have mysteriously vanished from my phones gallery???
Nice looking, ummmm... rack. Lol

I see a lot of these and was just wondering, do people use them much or are the mostly ornamental?
Unread 10-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #6307
partlowr
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy4DSM View Post
Did I see you driving north on Eola yesterday afternoon? I thought it might have been a dark blue WK but easily could have been black. If it wasn't, then there's another lifted WK in our neck of the woods.
Mine is not lifted yet, lift kit going on tomorrow(hopefully). There is a guy with a greenish blue one who lives down Hafenrichter about a half mile west of Eola in the Misty Creek subdivision(kinda back behind the fire station), his is a Hemi with RC 2" spacer lift, Rubicon wheels and 265/70/17 Goodyear MTR's. I saw you again last week driving down Eola but I was in my other toy, my BMW roadster.
partlowr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #6308
partlowr
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathcrow View Post
Nice looking, ummmm... rack. Lol

I see a lot of these and was just wondering, do people use them much or are the mostly ornamental?
I am having a custom mount fabricated and powder coated that will attatch to the rack and hold a full size spare tire up there as well as a 48" Hi-Lift jack. To be honest I just think it gives the WK a much more aggressive look, that's the main reason I opted for one.
Unread 10-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #6309
Muddy4DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
I am having a custom mount fabricated and powder coated that will attatch to the rack and hold a full size spare tire up there as well as a 48" Hi-Lift jack. To be honest I just think it gives the WK a much more aggressive look, that's the main reason I opted for one.
Where do you plan on lifting on the vehicle with the Hi-lift? I may be wrong because I've never used one, but don't you need something steel to lift the vehicle by like rock rails or steel bumpers?
Unread 10-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #6310
partlowr
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy4DSM View Post
Where do you plan on lifting on the vehicle with the Hi-lift? I may be wrong because I've never used one, but don't you need something steel to lift the vehicle by like rock rails or steel bumpers?
You are correct. I will be purchasing sliders/rock rails(my next purchase, might get in on that group buy), it will lift fine from those. If I ever have to lift it from the front or rear I will be SOL becuase they don't work too well on plastic bumpers.
Unread 10-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #6311
BonesWK
2006 WK 

PAID IT OFF!! 59 Months in the making.

feels good
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Chive On
BonesWK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #6312
partlowr
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesWK View Post
PAID IT OFF!! 59 Months in the making.

feels good
Congrats, I just made my last payment three weeks ago too.

Thus the reason I have been "modding" mine a little. I had the urge to go out and buy something new but there is nothing that really knocks my socks off out there right now plus I bought myself a BMW Z4 roadster last summer. I purchased the unlimited mile Chrysler warranty they were offering in 2007 so I have a bumper to bumper warranty as long as I own it so I figure I will hang on to it, put a few bucks in it to freshen it up and respark some interest in it.
Unread 10-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #6313
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

both of my keys ring holders broke off in 1
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #6314
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

both of my keys ring holders broke within 1 week of each other, so instead of buying a new one i decided i would try to fix one of them. i will make a build thread on it. sorry computer freaked out and didn't see that it posted that last message^^
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #6315
ecollins7
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06WKHEMI

How long did you wait for them to arrive after you ordered?
It took a little over 2 weeks, kolak said he was busy but got them out as soon as he could.
Service was A+
ecollins7 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.