What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 388 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 09-09-2012, 04:17 AM   #5806
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97
After literally hours of trying to remove a pack rat from my jeep, he is finally OUT! We tried tearing the dash down to almost nothing, pumping air through the dash, poking and prying, and a number of other tricks with no luck! it was a set of glue traps placed in the glovebox that did him in... We finally pulled him out but he put up a great fight! On the up side, I now know how to tear my entire dash apart if needed !
Well done!

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2012, 05:53 AM   #5807
dsjr2006
2006 WK 

Last minute trip to Silver Lake dunes!!

05-08 WK Service Manual PDF: [url]http://bit.ly/VxI9z0[/url]
dsjr2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #5808
dumbtrucker
2008 WK 

I painted all my black trim today. Did the rear step, hatchback trim, door trim and front bumper. The front bumper on 08 and after look terrible after a while. I tried different products to restore them and was never happy with the results. Wish I had done this from the beginning. Cost about 30 bucks and about 7 hours. Hopefully it last a while.
dumbtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #5809
TangoTango
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97 View Post
Spent the last 3 hours trying to get a pack rat out of my dash! He is still in there, and "how too" dash removal tips are welcome. I've got most of the small stuff out, just not sure if I want to tackle the upper dash one handed.
That reminds me I want to install a cab-airfilter with some mesh.
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #5810
eprovenzano
2005 WK 

I've had the stumbling idle for a while. I recently changed the plugs, the engine runs better, but the idle still stumbles. So I just changed the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). Wow that was a tough job, I think it took 10 whole mins.

I don't know if it solved all the stumbling yet, as I only started it and let it run for a few min. I'll know later after I take it out for a spin.

Edit:
I travel for work, today it was a 2.5 hour drive. I must say the Jeep runs really smooth now and the fual economy has improved. New plugs and a new TPS was worth the time and effort.
eprovenzano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #5811
DRCracker
2006 WK 

Got the WK in April.

Washed it by hand for the first time,
cleaned it with McGuires rubbing compound,
polished it with McGuires Ultimate Polishing compound and buffer,
waxed with McGuires Ultimate Paste Wax, in the dark.

Just in time to see the Steelers!!

Too dark for photo's, but the Dark Khaki really shines now.
Dark Khaki 2011 #9104 Wheels, Firestone Destination A/T 265/70/17's.
OME HD lift. Dark Khaki Matrix Brush Guard, Dark Khaki Painted Headlight Bezels.
Hemi Club #65 // Khaki WK Club #40
DRCracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #5812
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbtrucker View Post
I painted all my black trim today. Did the rear step, hatchback trim, door trim and front bumper. The front bumper on 08 and after look terrible after a while. I tried different products to restore them and was never happy with the results. Wish I had done this from the beginning. Cost about 30 bucks and about 7 hours. Hopefully it last a while.
Nice. It does take quite a bit of time and energy, but well worth it. I did it about 2 years ago on my XJ and I did it to my chrome as soon as I bought my WK. It has held up vey well so far and love the look!... Pics?
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #5813
dumbtrucker
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet

Nice. It does take quite a bit of time and energy, but well worth it. I did it about 2 years ago on my XJ and I did it to my chrome as soon as I bought my WK. It has held up vey well so far and love the look!... Pics?
Before

After...will get better pic tomorrow

Last edited by dumbtrucker; 09-09-2012 at 10:48 PM..
dumbtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #5814
oducks12
2005 WK 

Ordered some goodies from s4xc, AirRam, KC and Carling Tech....
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="1"][CENTER]Silver WK Club Member #35 | 2005 WK 3.7 Laredo | Hypertech 52001 programmer | K&N Intake | Magnaflow 50 series muffler | Navigation | Rola rack | 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill | 2 KC Daylighters on roof | ARB on board air compressor | 265 70 17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's | Pinch weld and rear fender trim | Spidertrax 1.5" spacers | expanded metal grill | LED stack lights | Monroe LL shocks | Bilstein HD struts | Rough Country 2" lift | Kenwood amp w/ two Alpine type R 10" subs[/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER][SIZE="2"]See How It Was Made [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/oducks-build-thread-1385731/"][B][COLOR="Black"]HERE[/COLOR][/B][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]
oducks12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #5815
corswandtm
2007 WK 

Dealer replacing my water pump, and putting in the Champion plugs I never got around to installing.
Unread 09-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #5816
BobG97
2005 WK 

Just ordered a new bumper cover, black projector headlights, matching fogs, paintable grill, and I'm on the hunt for a good price on a superwinch!
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #5817
Marna89

Tried to figure out how to get the water spots and fading fixed on the black trim around my windows. Unsuccessful. This is what it looks like. Any tips?

image-442753968.jpg
Marna89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #5818
Walt
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marna89 View Post
Tried to figure out how to get the water spots and fading fixed on the black trim around my windows. Unsuccessful. This is what it looks like. Any tips?...........
Mother's Back-to-Black. I recommend doing it at least twice for your faded areas.

Three weeks ago, I did the covering on the horizontal surface of the rear bumper, the tow hitch trim, and the rear hatch hinges. They were faded after almost 5 years, so it took 3 passes. Because I just did it, I can't comment on durability of the treatment, but it looks nice so far.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #5819
Marna89

Ok thanks. Will definitely check it out. I'm tired of having faded out black. How far does the product go?
Marna89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #5820
Walt
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marna89 View Post
Ok thanks. Will definitely check it out. I'm tired of having faded out black. How far does the product go?
Way far. Think it is an 8 oz. bottle (red plastic).

It only takes enough to cover the surface, like chrome polish. Circular wipe it in, let dry; buff it off with a soft cloth. Repeat the treatment a second time for better results IMHO.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.