What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Tags
radiator
2M views 19K replies 1K participants last post by  99sajeep 
#1 · (Edited)
Deleted

#9,876 ·
ausra said:
Installed a flowmaster 40 muffler (already regretting it) and ordered the cupholder led's from craigbru!
Guess its all a matter of opinion, I love mine. Then again I like a loud exhaust.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

#9,880 ·
Pulled my wife's XK intake apart in my in-laws' driveway(15hrs & 2 states away from my home). It was stalling out at every fuel stop.

Apparently, the p.o. Installed a K&N (my best guess) drop-in filter, over oiled it, then NEVER cleaned it!

Now I get to throw I out & clean everything up.

©o| | | | | | |o©

#9,881 ·
Spark Plugs

Changed the spark plugs and air filter today in the 07 WK 4.7. Being that I have only had the Jeep a bit more than 3 months, I figured I'd do the plugs because I didn't know when they were last done. Turns out....they needed to be done:

I stuck with the stock Champions after reading through some posts on here. If they would have made the job any easier, it couldn't even be called work!

As for the air filter, it was actually not too bad. But I replaced it anyway, since I had a new one in my hands.

#9,882 ·
Finally got the LED amber turn/park lights wired and installed.

I tried one of those "decoder" wiring harnesses that plug into the original socket. It wouldn't work no matter what I did, kept blowing fuses.

Just wired a 6 ohm resistor between green turn signal wire on original plugs and to the crossmember for ground.

Works great now.

TC

#9,895 ·
Contrabassoon86 said:
Replacing EGR Valve on 06 XK Hemi.

Had to beat my alternator with a hammer... then I had to beat my alternator with a hammer the other way to get it back in place.

Don't know if that is the proper procedure...

Scott
Is it a Ford alternator? Seems like there was another bolt that still needed to be loosen.

#9,897 ·
Spent a couple of fun hours with my WK today. First I started re-painting my grill inserts. I was too excited to get them in when I first did the mod so I didn't paint them as well as I should have. Then I changed my oil for the first time since I installed the Fumoto drain valve. Boy is it a breeze to change now. No mess! After that I rotated all 5 tires, loosening and then re-torquing each lug on the Spidertraxx spacers. Then I installed my grill inserts again, took her for a test spin, and called it a day.

#9,898 ·
bhawks28 said:
Spent a couple of fun hours with my WK today. First I started re-painting my grill inserts. I was too excited to get them in when I first did the mod so I didn't paint them as well as I should have. Then I changed my oil for the first time since I installed the Fumoto drain valve. Boy is it a breeze to change now. No mess! After that I rotated all 5 tires, loosening and then re-torquing each lug on the Spidertraxx spacers. Then I installed my grill inserts again, took her for a test spin, and called it a day.
Without pics, I have to call BS on the grille insert modifications.

#9,907 ·
thanks man!

I also fixed my window rattle AGAIN yesterday (I don't think I mentioned that). I didn't silicone the rubber piece last time I fixed it, so of course it fell off again the other day and the rattle came back. I put some silicone all over it so hopefully she stays put now.

#9,910 ·
SO MUCH STUFF CAN BE MADE WITH LASER CUTTERS!!!!!! You just hit the jack pot. I used to work for a company that did laser cutting and cnc forming... I wish I would have got off my *** more and got parts made while I could get the laser and brake time for free... Skids, brackets, logos (i made a "trail rated" hitch plug)... the list goes on and on...:highfive: