What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 245 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 03-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #3661
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLT View Post
You guys are gonna tempt me into this mod.
Do it! It's a great mod and costs next to nothing. Plus it looks way better then the factory grill IMO. It's becoming a pretty common mod and everone seems to be going with black. Maybe play around with some colors (depending on the color of your WK) and make it a little different. Also, I went with the 3/4", but the 1/2" looks really good too.

I think I saw AJ mention he was going to try Yellow when he does his. I think that would look pretty sharp. (On his rig not mine) lol

Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #3662
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Do it! It's a great mod and costs next to nothing. Plus it looks way better then the factory grill IMO. It's becoming a pretty common mod and everone seems to be going with black. Maybe play around with some colors (depending on the color of your WK) and make it a little different. Also, I went with the 3/4", but the 1/2" looks really good too.

I think I saw AJ mention he was going to try Yellow when he does his. I think that would look pretty sharp.
(On his rig not mine) lol
yeah, buddy!
Unread 03-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #3663
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac

I think I saw AJ mention he was going to try Yellow when he does his. I think that would look pretty sharp. (On his rig not mine) lol
Sure does. I used gutter guard for mine. Just redid it. That way I don't have to worry about rust.
image-2962231082.jpg  

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #3664
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
yeah, buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naidib04 View Post
Sure does. I used gutter guard for mine. Just redid it. That way I don't have to worry about rust.
How did you attach it? Its a seperate piece for each area correct?

Looks good BTW.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #3665
corswandtm
2007 WK 

Got my Bilsteins today. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up to Kolak and his distributor! Struts were double boxed AND strapped to prevent damage in shipment! Installing this week.
Unread 03-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #3666
BobG97
2005 WK 

Just ordered CAI, Magnaflow, and superchip programmer from Kolak! I can't wait!

Now if I could just find a paint matching rear lift gate lol!
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #3667
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac

How did you attach it? Its a seperate piece for each area correct?

Looks good BTW.
Yes separate piece for each area. I took the chrome overlay apart showing the black only part. Cut each piece to size. I used zip ties to fasten them to the black then popped it back into the chrome overlay.

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #3668
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Put a total of 1000 miles on it since I bought it (Khaki one that is)!

Also had a question.. But I didn't want to start a whole new thread.

My air in my jeep is fairly ripe(to me at least doesn't bother my wife), I was wondering, how hard is it to change the cabin air filter? I have a feeling it needs a new one.
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #3669
RIDER6
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
That is correct! Although lately I haven't been working much, so it doesn't feel like I am active.
Cool bro, I'm ex army, when I was instructing at knox it was here and there with being busy.........

and for the ESM mod I'm looking for something that's gonna blow the dimond patterens away, I haven't found it but when I do...look out!
Unread 03-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #3670
BonesWK
Web Wheeler

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05
Put a total of 1000 miles on it since I bought it (Khaki one that is)!

Also had a question.. But I didn't want to start a whole new thread.

My air in my jeep is fairly ripe(to me at least doesn't bother my wife), I was wondering, how hard is it to change the cabin air filter? I have a feeling it needs a new one.
I think most wks do Not come the factory with a cabin air filter. I think one can be had for cheap though.

You aren't the first one to complain about it. Actually I think there may be a tsb for it too.
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Chive On
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #3671
brutusjeep
2006 WK 

Correct, no factory cabin air filter. If you have one it's under the passenger windshield wiper. With the hood up you can get to it. If none, you can buy a kit for about $50 and filters are about $30.
2006 GC Limited, 5.7L HEMI, Quad II. 4XGUARD Belly & Front (black powder coat) skid plates. Matrix front guard, PIAA Matrix mounted lights, 265/70 Nitto Trail Graplers MT, 1.5" Spider Trax spacers, Super Chips Tuner, OME MD Lift, 4XGUARD differential guard, JBA UCA'S.
brutusjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:20 AM   #3672
ruholm
2008 WK 

Got my pictures from my buddy when we went out wheeling on Saturday to Four peaks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7775358...7629677927741/
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #3673
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Those are some nice pics! Wish I could have been with you guys. Next time

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #3674
ruholm
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Those are some nice pics! Wish I could have been with you guys. Next time
Sounds good. It was a fun trip.
Unread 03-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #3675
snoblade80
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruholm View Post
Got my pictures from my buddy when we went out wheeling on Saturday to Four peaks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7775358...7629677927741/
Looks like a good time and your friend took some great pics! I like the effects they used on some of them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.