What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 239 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 03-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #3571
98_TJ_1941
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i just put a heat shield on my buddies but the exhaust is sick no video on youtube does it justice and its only $70 for 1 so its not a bad deal i think its www.classicchamberedexhaust.com

Unread 03-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #3572
98_TJ_1941
1998 TJ Wrangler 

my bad its classicchambered.com
Unread 03-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #3573
JRLT
2010 WK 

Thought about the ground wire for the TB as I was driving by a car stereo shop and thought; why not have them make one if you're really into dressing up your engine bay. They usually have gold connectors and wire routing accessories. All you would need is the end sizes to fit around the bolts and the length of wire to show them what you're wanting to accomplish.
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #3574
98_TJ_1941
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
dont use that dual intake
it will just suck in mad amounts of hot air....but then again its your truck not mine
what intake are you running now
Unread 03-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #3575
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post
Thanks Bob!

anybody have a good rear pic of the newer 4xguard rear skid installed? (the one with the cut out to allow easier spare tire removal) I want to see if it will cover up some of my damage. the pics on their website are too damn small to tell. Thanks!
AJ has some in his build!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #3576
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
AJ has some in his build!
funny you say that, i literally just looked at his whole build thread...still can't quite tell bc his is black so it's kind of hard to see...

AJ, you have any closeups of the driver side of the rear skid so i can see it's relationship to the rear slider? maybe i'll need 4xguards rear sliders to hide the damage...does anybody even have those?
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #3577
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBlueWK

did you like it?
It definitely made the engine roar but in the end it was just a bad investment. I dont recommend at all
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #3578
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLT
Thought about the ground wire for the TB as I was driving by a car stereo shop and thought; why not have them make one if you're really into dressing up your engine bay. They usually have gold connectors and wire routing accessories. All you would need is the end sizes to fit around the bolts and the length of wire to show them what you're wanting to accomplish.
What is the benefit to the throttle body ground wire?
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #3579
corswandtm
2007 WK 

They say it increases throttle response
Unread 03-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #3580
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
funny you say that, i literally just looked at his whole build thread...still can't quite tell bc his is black so it's kind of hard to see...

AJ, you have any closeups of the driver side of the rear skid so i can see it's relationship to the rear slider? maybe i'll need 4xguards rear sliders to hide the damage...does anybody even have those?
these are the ones I had the quickest links for - But I think some of these are in my BT. All the other real closeups are pics of it installed further out.

Unread 03-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #3581
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Thanks AJ, that skid is pretty sweet, might have to pick one up!
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
Unread 03-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #3582
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Thanks AJ, that skid is pretty sweet, might have to pick one up!
It's a nice skid - I liked the original Rear Guard. Because I felt it protected the bumper more as well as the under carriage. The RG2 grew on me though. It is a little more subtle the way it hugs the lower trim of the bumper.
Unread 03-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #3583
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ

It's a nice skid - I liked the original Rear Guard. Because I felt it protected the bumper more as well as the under carriage. The RG2 grew on me though. It is a little more subtle the way it hugs the lower trim of the bumper.
Agreed...the newer one is better looking, but the old might have been slightly more functional

Unread 03-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #3584
terrasmak
2007 WK 

I get to pull my hatch apart and install the LED bulb. Who designed it where the assembly free float once you pull the cover. Then again for some odd reason its hard to get the bulb to work, maybe solder the leads in when its apart for problem freee operation.
Unread 03-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #3585
vada9
2007 WK 

Got my Magnaflow 22" large case 3 in and out muffler welded in today..I left the factory resonator in. Must say the different members advice on here was spot on. It sounds great..a low rumble, its just enough but no to much. It was funny bc even the guy at the exhaust shop that did the work was like dam that's the ticket..he said " that one of the best sounding hemi's for DD that I have ever heard...and I have done quite a few." The shop only sells flowmaster he said he liked the Magnaflow deep growl much better. He said that big Magnaflow must have cost you a lot..when I told him $106 with free shipping from Amazon he could not believe it. He claimed that he could not even get it that cheap from his supplier if he wanted to order it! So 40 bux for install..that makes $146 for a great sounding exhaust.
vada9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.