What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 226 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Introducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 03-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #3376
RIDER6
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53guy
Ya, I couldn't pass on the deal. I wont be able to use them until I get my super lift on in a few months but for a tank of gas and $125, it's almost a steal.
What did you use to search for.....I'm running around ebay but it keeps throwing a bunch of extra crap at me....I need to narrow down my search more .

Unread 03-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #3377
Robb286
2006 WK 

Did some trails in the mountains this morning. I haven't had the jeep out in awhile and today's such a beautiful day, i might just refuel and go back out.
image-3254134853.jpg   image-356501359.jpg   image-3970220746.jpg   image-2934108665.jpg   image-2714916540.jpg  

image-2069053417.jpg   image-1369259303.jpg  
Robb286 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #3378
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

nice lookin jeep!
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #3379
criket
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97 View Post
Got busted racing a SRT4 neon (full exhaust, cold air, tune, and a 75 shot of spray). We stopped middle of the highway (dark, no one around... We thought!) he beat me by about 5 cars, then the blue lights came on! I had 3 other guys and a full tank of fuel so not bad for stock!

Great driving awards = 96 in a 65 (first read was 107 but he "gave us a break" and a C&I for drag racing! I tried the ole "but sir it's a Cherokee" but it was a no go.

It probably didn't help that my brakes were literally smoking like hell when he came to my window (107 down to 60ish in a HURRY!)
Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but PLEASE keep all racing to the tracks. I've had to many friends get hurt or killed street racing. I used to do it too but have since done diffferent.
2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG antenna mount | Rola roof
criket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #3380
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by criket

Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but PLEASE keep all racing to the tracks. I've had to many friends get hurt or killed street racing. I used to do it too but have since done diffferent.
Everyone has their own opinion but our options are limited, nearest track for 1/8 is 2.5 hours and is only open a few times a year to non bracket racing, the closest 1/4 is well over 3 hours away.

Empty 4 lanes work just fine for us... But you have to watch for the guys hiding in the shadows!
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #3381
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97

Everyone has their own opinion but our options are limited, nearest track for 1/8 is 2.5 hours and is only open a few times a year to non bracket racing, the closest 1/4 is well over 3 hours away.

Empty 4 lanes work just fine for us... But you have to watch for the guys hiding in the shadows!
I had an 89 camaro that I'd race on the 1/4. It was a drag/project car between my ex gfs brother and me. After we broke up we still worked on it and hit the drags a few times. Found out he street raced it blew the engine up for running nitrous.
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #3382
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3NT_WH33L3R

I had an 89 camaro that I'd race on the 1/4. It was a drag/project car between my ex gfs brother and me. After we broke up we still worked on it and hit the drags a few times. Found out he street raced it blew the engine up for running nitrous.
Yeah I tend to stay clear of the bottle but I have a lot of buddies that spray, Its all fun and games till someone melts a piston lol
Unread 03-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #3383
cby7715
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by criket View Post
Agreed. Those cops that you're running from tonight may be the ones knocking on your mother's door next time delivering some very unpleasant news.
cby7715 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #3384
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cby7715

Agreed. Those cops that you're running from tonight may be the ones knocking on your mother's door next time delivering some very unpleasant news.
No one said anything about running from cops, just being mindful of them when racing!
Unread 03-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #3385
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

took my snowcat off...gave up for this winter...
Unread 03-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #3386
mpgumby
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
I agree. The 255's are basically 32's; my 265's are 31.6-31.7; those 245's are 30.5ish. With 255's AJ saw minimal rub, I hardly ever rub with 265's, can't see the 245's rubbing at all.
I should have elaborate and said that it rubbed at full lock on the inside of the wheel well on the engine side before I installed the spacers. Just thought it was weird and i'm concerned about getting bigger tires now. Just wasn't sure if that was normal or not.
GO DUCKS!!!
mpgumby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #3387
RIDER6
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3NT_WH33L3R

I used to run a 84 el camino.........it was fun, 454 super sport!!!!! I killed it with a tree street racing, its all track now.....
Unread 03-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #3388
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
Tried to do rear brakes today. Both rotors are frozen in place. Removed the assembly line o-rings, used dead blow hammer, pry bars, and PB Blaster. No joy.

Every routine job is an adventure. I'd rather have the new rotors and brake pads on the Jeep instead of the garage floor.

Everything is back together now, but I need to figure out why the rotors will not come off. There are still miles left on current pads, so it's not critical to do it this weekend.
Omelet already mentioned this and I thought the same thing:
the parking brake, if over looked, can create quite the headache when trying to remove rear rotors. I know this from experience on our last WK.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #3389
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgumby View Post
I should have elaborate and said that it rubbed at full lock on the inside of the wheel well on the engine side before I installed the spacers. Just thought it was weird and i'm concerned about getting bigger tires now. Just wasn't sure if that was normal or not.
I could be wrong but that does not sound normal. Are you sure something isn't out of place in the wheel well?

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #3390
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgumby View Post
i got rubbing at the same spot i believe
inside the wheel well
the metal part right next to engine compartment
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.