What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 225 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #3361
JRLT
2010 WK 

Went to refuel and go for a cruise; the "Miles Till Empty" on the dash computer was jumping all over hell. I put just over 50 miles on and I went from 412 miles to go from the gas station to 397 miles to go by the time I parked it. Yeah, we got some long hills here; went up & down them.

2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #3362
RIDER6
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLT
Went to refuel and go for a cruise; the "Miles Till Empty" on the dash computer was jumping all over hell. I put just over 50 miles on and I went from 412 miles to go from the gas station to 397 miles to go by the time I parked it. Yeah, we got some long hills here; went up & down them.
That thing is a rough referance man.....don't trust it too much.
Unread 03-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #3363
JRLT
2010 WK 

Just saying it was jumping around like crazy since I changed my fluids.

Must be all the power in my Power Wire.
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
Unread 03-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #3364
RIDER6
2008 WK 

Hmmmmmm that's odd, idk too much on the power wire, but hope its not too bad .
Unread 03-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #3365
JRLT
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDER6 View Post
Hmmmmmm that's odd, idk too much on the power wire, but hope its not too bad .
That was a joke but I did just change my differential, transfer case fluids and oil.
Unread 03-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #3366
JRLT
2010 WK 

Taken from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AwW...ure=plpp_video

This is a way beefier transfer case than what I got. Plus, mine had a counter-weight on mine that I had to unbolt first.
Unread 03-11-2012, 12:24 AM   #3367
BobG97
2005 WK 

Got busted racing a SRT4 neon (full exhaust, cold air, tune, and a 75 shot of spray). We stopped middle of the highway (dark, no one around... We thought!) he beat me by about 5 cars, then the blue lights came on! I had 3 other guys and a full tank of fuel so not bad for stock!

Great driving awards = 96 in a 65 (first read was 107 but he "gave us a break" and a C&I for drag racing! I tried the ole "but sir it's a Cherokee" but it was a no go.

It probably didn't help that my brakes were literally smoking like hell when he came to my window (107 down to 60ish in a HURRY!)
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 12:54 AM   #3368
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Haha yea I don't race my jeep...that's what my pontiac is for!
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #3369
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu
Haha yea I don't race my jeep...that's what my pontiac is for!
Agreed, I usually take out my CTS-V but it was kind of a funny situation. The guy I raced has a nice T/A but the SRT4 is his daily driver, So we were just joking about racing my jeep... It did good but I knew we would lose! The cop part just sucked.
Unread 03-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #3370
Walt
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
I know this might be an obvious thing, but did you have the parking brake on?.....
No. Because the largest hill here in the part of mid-Michigan is probably 10 ft, I don't even remember using it for a long time. Even so, I checked it when I found the rotors frozen.

Been thinking overnight: Could there be a ridge inside the top hat drum braking surface for the e-brake shoes? Sort of like the one on the rotor outside diameter where the pads stop. If that were the case, it might prevent them from coming off. Anybody experience this?
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #3371
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97

Agreed, I usually take out my CTS-V
Damn, those are nice...my G8 goes 0-60 in 4.7 sec, but you got that beat
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #3372
BleedingBlue
2005 WK 

I read somewhere that taking a bolt and threading it through the back to push the rotor out works very well if that makes sense
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #3373
Walt
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlue View Post
I read somewhere that taking a bolt and threading it through the back to push the rotor out works very well if that makes sense
Thanks. I'll try that today....with more PB blaster, of course.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #3374
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu

Damn, those are nice...my G8 goes 0-60 in 4.7 sec, but you got that beat
Here is my baby! It's stock right now but it still gets the job done! Once I get the Cherokee lined out I will begin mods on the car!
image-323298588.jpg  
Unread 03-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #3375
gunnerscherlin
2005 WK 

Didn't do to much just gave her a quick wash before work but after I plan on looking into moving my roof lights to behind my grill, doing the expanded metal grill and also giving the inside a nice once over!! spring cleaning here I come!
gunnerscherlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.