What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 224 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Introducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 03-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #3346
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

transfer case is mopar dealer only [reccomendation ofcourse]
look on wkjeeps

255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #3347
RIDER6
2008 WK 

Quick question.....did my plugs today, after looking at them it was well needed

forumrunner_20120310_162302.jpg

But now I got my check engine light on and my mpg has been cut in half.....has anyone else experiance this???? And I'm sure I plugged everything back in and she runs smoother then before. I just don't get it and hope its an easy, non dealer fix.
Unread 03-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #3348
BleedingBlue
2005 WK 

Have you had the code pulled yet? If not do that first
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #3349
BleedingBlue
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLT View Post
Changed oil & filter; rear diff, and transfer case; looking for a 14mm allen wrench or socket so I can do the front diff.

One question on the transfer case. I drained less than a quart of fluid(red) from the transfer case and I basically didn't get close to a quart of fluid back in. Seems strange to me. The front was on ramps and I used a floor jack and stands to lower the rear to drain and raise to little above level in the rear to fill.

Looking at the manual, it says one speed transfer case use ATF+4, 2 speed use NV245/247. Did I use the wrong stuff or just better stuff than I needed with the NV245? I drove it home from the shop which is less than a mile, everything seemed to run fine.
I would crawl back under there while it is level and check it just to give yourself peace of mind. If you filled too quickly you may be able to get more in there.
Unread 03-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #3350
JRLT
2010 WK 

Got the front diff done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlue View Post
I would crawl back under there while it is level and check it just to give yourself peace of mind. If you filled too quickly you may be able to get more in there.
I'll check it tomorrow when I start on the brakes. Speaking of brakes; I was just looking at them while pumping fluid into the front diff and they didn't look like regular bleed screws.
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #3351
RIDER6
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlue
Have you had the code pulled yet? If not do that first
I havent....trying to avoid pro jeep of denver...and dont own a scanner,programer...
Unread 03-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #3352
BleedingBlue
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDER6 View Post
I havent....trying to avoid pro jeep of denver...and dont own a scanner,programer...
Do you live close to a Advance auto/auto zone? They will pull the code for you for free
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #3353
Walt
2008 WK 

Tried to do rear brakes today. Both rotors are frozen in place. Removed the assembly line o-rings, used dead blow hammer, pry bars, and PB Blaster. No joy.

Every routine job is an adventure. I'd rather have the new rotors and brake pads on the Jeep instead of the garage floor.

Everything is back together now, but I need to figure out why the rotors will not come off. There are still miles left on current pads, so it's not critical to do it this weekend.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #3354
NGreen
2008 WK 

17" Moabs....$125 for all 5! Going to powder coat them similar to the COD Edition Wrangler wheels and use them when I eventually lift the WK.

NGreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #3355
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53guy View Post
17" Moabs....$125 for all 5! Going to powder coat them similar to the COD Edition Wrangler wheels and use them when I eventually lift the WK.

nice find
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #3356
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

damn thats a good deal!
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #3357
NGreen
2008 WK 

Ya, I couldn't pass on the deal. I wont be able to use them until I get my super lift on in a few months but for a tank of gas and $125, it's almost a steal.
NGreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #3358
RIDER6
2008 WK 

Quote:

Do you live close to a Advance auto/auto zone? They will pull the code for you for free
Both of them like 2 blocks away.....wasent aware of that bro.thanks.
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #3359
RIDER6
2008 WK 

Quote:

Wasent aware of that brother......thanks. ill do that tonite!
Unread 03-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #3360
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt
Tried to do rear brakes today. Both rotors are frozen in place. Removed the assembly line o-rings, used dead blow hammer, pry bars, and PB Blaster. No joy.

Every routine job is an adventure. I'd rather have the new rotors and brake pads on the Jeep instead of the garage floor.

Everything is back together now, but I need to figure out why the rotors will not come off. There are still miles left on current pads, so it's not critical to do it this weekend.
I know this might be an obvious thing, but did you have the parking brake on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53guy
Nice! I have been on the hunt for a deal like that around here for the past week. No luck yet, but I have some time.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.