What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 223 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 03-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #3331
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

I barely rub with my 255s.

Does anyone have to write up on the wheel well mod for the front?

05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #3332
Budasac
2005 WK 

I have a small write up in my build. Matt has a pretty good description of the process over at UJ.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #3333
wkbear
1995 ZJ 

Not changing to tire subject, but just wanted to say what I did to my (wife's) Jeep over the past week. Thanks to all the information I got from this forum I changed that SCM cancel cam, which stopped the steering wheel from clicking. Also bought a Dremel and replaced the rubber part of the trans cooler lines. Used power steering hose instead of trans or fuel line b/c it felt more like the trans hose, which O'reillys didn't have in stock. No more leaks. No just have to fix the famous clunk in the front end and she'll be good to go for a while, besides routine maint. Feels good working on my own vehicle.
wkbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #3334
corswandtm
2007 WK 

Bilstein struts/shocks all around (thanks Kolak) and strut spacer from JBA
Unread 03-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #3335
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by corswandtm
Bilsteins struts/shocks all around (thanks Kolak) and strut spacer from JBA
How's that ride?
Unread 03-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #3336
corswandtm
2007 WK 

Ordered. Don't know yet. But I hear "like a dream."
Unread 03-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #3337
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by corswandtm
Don't know yet. But I hear "like a dream."
Make sure you let us know. Are you running ome springs with them? I'm on my phone so I can't see sigs.
Unread 03-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #3338
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeds_dead View Post
Make sure you let us know. Are you running ome springs with them? I'm on my phone so I can't see sigs.
fyi if your using the jeepforum app all you have to do is click "more", then "settings", "forum reading options" and then make sure "show signatures" is on and you can see everyones sig.
Unread 03-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #3339
Northwoods18
2005 WK 

New power steering fluid, and getting excited for my Superchips to show up next week! (thanks Kolak!)
Unread 03-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #3340
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps

fyi if your using the jeepforum app all you have to do is click "more", then "settings", "forum reading options" and then make sure "show signatures" is on and you can see everyones sig.
I can find it. I'm on android and the settings there's no option for it.
Unread 03-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #3341
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeds_dead View Post
I can find it. I'm on android and the settings there's no option for it.
im on the iphone and in the bottom right corner theres a "more" icon and then settings should be in there and forum reading options should be inside the settings icon...
Unread 03-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #3342
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
im on the iphone and in the bottom right corner theres a "more" icon and then settings should be in there and forum reading options should be inside the settings icon...
Thanks for the tip Matt!
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
Unread 03-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #3343
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Picked up a super lift rear diff guard. Not sure if I like it or not. I'm gomna swing by jba
Next week and check out the 4xguard one.

image-1411586473.jpg
Unread 03-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #3344
jager00
2005 WK 

Finally wired up my cb after relocating it. And i also re wired the rigis duallys too.. hetes a pic of the switch pannel my buddy made if anyone missed it

2005 WK 9" lift on 37's with all the goodies- regretfully sold :(
jager00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #3345
JRLT
2010 WK 

Changed oil & filter; rear diff, and transfer case; looking for a 14mm allen wrench or socket so I can do the front diff.

One question on the transfer case. I drained less than a quart of fluid(red) from the transfer case and I basically didn't get close to a quart of fluid back in. Seems strange to me. The front was on ramps and I used a floor jack and stands to lower the rear to drain and raise to little above level in the rear to fill.

Looking at the manual, it says one speed transfer case use ATF+4, 2 speed use NV245/247. Did I use the wrong stuff or just better stuff than I needed with the NV245? I drove it home from the shop which is less than a mile, everything seemed to run fine.
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.