What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Tags
radiator
2M views 19K replies 1K participants last post by  99sajeep 
#1 · (Edited)
Deleted

#7,212 ·
jeremyc653 said:
I didn;t use a torque wrench but I tightened them like lug nuts as tight as I could. Then stood on the four way and pulled on the other side. I would think that is a little more then 100 ft#. so in a way yes they where torqued. I installed them a few thousand miles ago though.
You probably over torqued them. My old spacers (non spidertraxx) failed when the inspection people used an air gun to put the wheels back on.

DieselDevotion said:
That should have been way over 100 ft/lbs, over torquing can be as bad as under torquing
Proper torque ratings for the spidertraxx are 90-100 lbs.

#7,214 ·
Went to get it inspected in va and it was failed due to having led tail lights...as well as a bad ball joint?!?! The tolerance is apparently .020" and it was just a hair over that...bs.

#7,215 ·
Jvenrick said:
i have not done much yet, but currently looking to by some rear tail light guards. the only ones i have found so far are from black horse off road. does anyone have any other companies i should check out for these? thanks!
Just hop on eBay and amazon and ouch out the good deals... They can be hard to find on a good deal sometimes.

#7,216 ·
Dasko said:
Went to get it inspected in va and it was failed due to having led tail lights...as well as a bad ball joint?!?! The tolerance is apparently .020" and it was just a hair over that...bs.
That tail light thing seems like bs. Granted, you live in the only state that radar detectors are illegal so who knows. That's horrible if that's really the law.

#7,225 ·
You could remove the TPMS transmitter from your spare tire, as the spare tire is a quick fix until a repar can be done on your flat and is not a daily driver wheel.

If you think about it, having a flat on the road and using the spare is going to cause the TPMS to chime anyway for your flat till you get it fixed so there is no use having a transmitter on your spare if you already know its deflated. Just a suggestion because I don't know if this can be done :cool:

#7,227 ·
BurmaJack said:
You could remove the TPMS transmitter from your spare tire, as the spare tire is a quick fix until a repar can be done on your flat and is not a daily driver wheel.

If you think about it, having a flat on the road and using the spare is going to cause the TPMS to chime anyway for your flat till you get it fixed so there is no use having a transmitter on your spare if you already know its deflated. Just a suggestion because I don't know if this can be done :cool:
I thought about that but then I have to break down the spare again ;) I hope to have it inflated in a day or two, hopefully it won't drive me crazy till then. I was just hoping it was an easy message to disable

#7,228 ·
MrBlack said:
This arrived!
Discman03 said:
I just got the same package! I can't wait!
Mine's still sitting in the basement. Are you guys installing yourself? Is it bad if you don't weld it on?

BobG97 said:
Stuffed my spare under my jeep but had to deflate it. Should have more time tomorrow to cut the bolts an make a little more clearance. Does anyone know how to turn off the low spare air pressure message?
I don't think you can turn off the spare indicator light. Someone mentioned once about putting the sensor in a pressurized container or something. I don't know if that works though.

#7,229 ·
I don't think you can turn off the spare indicator light. Someone mentioned once about putting the sensor in a pressurized container or something. I don't know if that works though.[/QUOTE]

It would be easier to remove the sensor, i didn't have the spare in for a few weeks and it never have a message.

#7,231 ·
I don't think you can turn off the spare indicator light. Someone mentioned once about putting the sensor in a pressurized container or something. I don't know if that works though.
It would be easier to remove the sensor, i didn't have the spare in for a few weeks and it never have a message.[/QUOTE]

If you have a Superchips tuner, I think you can turn it off.

#7,233 ·
If you have a Superchips tuner, I think you can turn it off.
Yeah I was looking at the settings, I don't think the spare is separate, it's either turn all of them off or none. I'm still digging into it though.[/QUOTE]

Well if it's just for a few days, it might be worth it just so the sign doesn't annoy you. What size tire did you fit under there?

#7,242 ·
Where did you get it? I installed a 5" one and it had horrible reception so I took it off

#7,243 ·
sixfoot9psu said:
Where did you get it? I installed a 5" one and it had horrible reception so I took it off
I got mine from a A&A auto store up in scranton. I'm not sure if they are down your way? I haven't had anytime to try it yet but I will later tonight when I'm out. The stock antenna is just so ugly in my opinion.. I can't stand looking at it.