What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 212 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #3166
JRLT
2010 WK 

Or how come tuners don't just come with the vehicle?

2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #3167
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBlueWK View Post
i just dont see it... If it gives the engine more power then how come the engineers that get paid to know this stuff didnt make the engine run this way all the time... There has to be a draw back or it has to do with MPG or emissions
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLT View Post
Or how come tuners don't just come with the vehicle?
because the engineers at jeep get paid to make an engine run to its best and most reliable state, because i would say 75% of wk owners out there are soccer moms or older people who have no need to retard their timing, as mrtosh said there are possible setbacks on a hot summer day that we take the chance of running these mods ... almost like tossing a shot of nos on a motor not built to handle a shot... is it a risk? yes.... are they still going to sell it? yes....

doesnt mean it wont stop me from putting a powerwire on hahaha .... thatll be next on the list as long as theres a good review on these things
Unread 03-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #3168
JRLT
2010 WK 

Plus, these babies come equipped with Forteras. They probably want to meet a price point and get these out there to do whatever the he(( we want with them.
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #3169
criket
2005 WK 

A bird shat on my windshield today. Blah.
2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG antenna mount | Rola roof
criket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #3170
ecollins7
2006 WK 

Got my factory tow hooks in the mail, can't wait to get them on.

And it stalled on me AGAIN while I was leaving work. I have run out of ideas of what it can be.
ecollins7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #3171
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by criket
A bird shat on my windshield today. Blah.
Lmao this made me spit out my gatorade
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #3172
mattydipps
2006 WK 

the ups guy just came and brought me 3 more spark plugs... i ordered all 6 at one time and theyre coming in 3 different packages. once i get a day thats not 38 degrees, its plugs and a tb cleaning... is there a how-to on taking the tb off?
Unread 03-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #3173
gunnerscherlin
2005 WK 

Started another plastidip idea... Filling in the "GRAND CHEROKEE" on the door sides and cleaning the pcv valv I am going to change it just need the money which is sad since its a $35 dollar part lol but waiting on dry time to start cutting the letters out
forumrunner_20120302_162045.jpg  
gunnerscherlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #3174
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps
is there a how-to on taking the tb off?
Step 1: remove 4 screws on the front of it
Step 2: unplug
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #3175
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post
Step 1: remove 4 screws on the front of it
Step 2: unplug
sounds easy enough
Unread 03-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #3176
patrickrobins
2006 WK 

Seafoam, tail light guards and power wire! Boom! 45min of work and my jeep is feeling and looking good!
patrickrobins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #3177
RIDER6
2008 WK 

Quote:

sounds easy enough
Yea man it took me longer to clean mine then to take it off or put it back on...

And is this "power wire" for all paltforms or just the hemis???
Unread 03-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #3178
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDER6

Yea man it took me longer to clean mine then to take it off or put it back on...

And is this "power wire" for all paltforms or just the hemis???
Power wires for all platforms and what did u use to clean it? Carb cleaner and a rag?
Unread 03-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #3179
vada9
2007 WK 

Ordered my OME HD and Pro Comp rims from Kolak today! Can't wait.
vada9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #3180
RIDER6
2008 WK 

Quote:

Power wires for all platforms and what did u use to clean it? Carb cleaner and a rag?
Honestly I used my KnN power clean degreaser and a nylon bristle tooth brush from my weapon cleaning kit....and alil rinse in the sink and it was good as new,,,, and I have 70k plus on my baby.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.