What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Tags
radiator
2M views 19K replies 1K participants last post by  99sajeep 
#1 · (Edited)
Deleted

#660 ·
geoffh said:
Took the jeep off roading with my buddies. Dont mind the stock spare on the back. Full size will go on later this week.
Where'd u get ur rear bumper man I've been looking for one?

#662 ·
Yep that's what I thought, was kinda hoping he had found another company or something, damn looks like another thing to save up for.....lol thanks dan

#664 ·
Got it back from my mechanic with a new CV Axle.

I hit it on something offroading and tore the boot, extended warranty company denied the claim :( New axle from the mechanic was WAY cheaper than the dealership just fixing the boot.. go figure.

#665 ·
Well after seeing and feeling a buddies car the other day that he had clay bared and waxed I knew I had to do it. I knew it wouldn't turn out quite as nice as his since mine is all scratched up, but I had a lot of crap stuck to my paint from over the years. Up until now I have only washed the thing with soap and water every so often. My paint, specifically the hood felt very ruff almost like sand paper. So I picked up a Meguiars Clay Kit and gave it a try. I started with my hood and front fenders and then went down the passenger side. That was all I had time to do this morning before the sun started hitting it. I am planning on doing the rest tonight after the sun drops behind the house. But MAN does it look good! And it is smooth as glass! I am very impressed.

#676 ·
So I picked up a Meguiars Clay Kit and gave it a try. I started with my hood and front fenders and then went down the passenger side. That was all I had time to do this morning before the sun started hitting it. I am planning on doing the rest tonight after the sun drops behind the house. But MAN does it look good! And it is smooth as glass! I am very impressed.
That clay bar works pretty good. Make sure you give it a good coat of wax when you're done. ( And a buffer with some polish before the wax might help out with all those pinstripes.) :wave:

No kidding man. WHo ever it was knew whata they wanted because they left more expensive tools. I have 2 floor jacks and they stole the cheap one. THey left the shovels, jack stands, weed eaters, garden tiller, etc. So who ever stole it had been in my building before. The wall they climbed is covered in poision ivy. I hope their balls are covered in poision and thier a$$ crack itches like a mofo.
Sorry about you're stuff. There's nothing worse then a thief.:mad:

But you think he's been in your place before?? Keep your eye out for a slug w/ poison ivy. I'd be looking at everybody who ever passed through the doors.

#666 ·
Well I guess I'm stuck with my Rubicon wheels and 265's since someone stole my factory ones. Somebody got a good set of wheels and tires. :thumbdown:

Edit: After further inventory, they also received a free floor jack. Another :thumbdown:

#668 ·
Cut my front bumper!:D

#670 ·
Pics or it didn't happen!!!!

#671 ·
Uploading now!

Sorry about your stuff, thieves suck.:thumbdown:

#673 ·
No kidding man. WHo ever it was knew whata they wanted because they left more expensive tools. I have 2 floor jacks and they stole the cheap one. THey left the shovels, jack stands, weed eaters, garden tiller, etc. So who ever stole it had been in my building before. The wall they climbed is covered in poision ivy. I hope their balls are covered in poision and thier a$$ crack itches like a mofo.

And I can't wait to see the pics of the cut bumper. Everyone is doing it and I almost want to do mine, lol

#675 ·
Pics...it isn't too drastic, but I like the way it came out. Gives it a more aggressive stance and better ground clearance. I might eventually cut more off, but I didn't want to go too crazy the first time!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Still need to go over everything with undercoating, but I think it turned out good!

#678 ·
I guess I forgot to mention the fact that I did wax the half of the Jeep that I clay bared! It is shinny!!! I am not too worried about the scratches as long as they don't go through the clear, which they haven't yet. I just want to start taking better care of the paint, so I figured the clay bar and wax would help. Doing the bar this morning, I actually noticed that there was metal dust stuck to my hood, probably from my winch project. Well it's not there anymore!

#679 ·
We need pics of it all prettied up!

#684 ·
Stanton - Looks good man!!! Seems like the PIAA's really set it off. And yea I think a 4xG front skid would bring it all together nicely.

Omelet - if the scratches are really bad, you could probably do some very light wet sanding, if you wanted to go that far. BUt a clay bar and wax goes a looooonnnggg way! Can't wait to see it looking purdy.

#685 ·
went wheeling with some other Jeep folks today, had good fun! the WK went everywhere no problemo. and didn't hurt my "pretty wheels" :rolleyes: A/C was working great too LOL! :cool:

#686 ·
decided to put my spare back underneath. what a pin in the ***!! took the hitch off so it would fit and those 4 bolts kicked my butt. should've just hooked up the compressor and taken them out with the impact gun. I dont see how that hitch will ever fit with that tire under there. would be nice if they made something like on the old xj where the spare fit in the hatch standing up

#688 ·
omelet, awesome freaking idea. carriage bolts! never even thought of those. thanks
:cheers: