What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Tags
radiator
2M views 19K replies 1K participants last post by  99sajeep 
#1 · (Edited)
Deleted

#6,339 ·
Walt said:
08's are backlit with LED's like that. Looks that way both day and night.
Yep, no filter. I love the factory gauge lighting on the 08+. I only wish they were like most trucks and had a volt and oil pressure gauge. I kinda miss being able to keep an eye on everything and not rely on an idiot light.

#6,340 ·
BobG97 said:
That looks way better than my 05 cluster! I'm jealous :)
Then replace your bulbs with leds its not extremely difficult my buddy did it to his 4 runner

#6,341 ·
Well,
I ATTEMPTED to paint my headlight this weekend. (Yesterday)

All was going well, got them out, got them in the oven.
Went to open them up, and had a hell of a time. Started busting pieces off of the edges of the housing. Tried putting it in the oven 6 times. They must have used an excessive amount of glue/sealant, because I worked on a single light for about two hours and only got one side up, and busted a bunch of plastic.

SO I gave up. Threw on some sealant to seal the parts that I had opened/broke. and Called it quits. The lights look fine on my jeep, you can't tell that they I broke pieces on the sides. But I was really looking forward to my lights being painted. :mad::(

Im just gonna have to buy some after market black ones eventually.
I found some black ones on ebay that look just like stock painted black, but it says they are for 07 and wont fit my 08 model. I don't see why???
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2006-2...iter_Display:5.7L&hash=item4607f6b4b7&vxp=mtr

#6,342 ·
hxdrummerxc said:
Well,
I ATTEMPTED to paint my headlight this weekend. (Yesterday)

All was going well, got them out, got them in the oven.
Went to open them up, and had a hell of a time. Started busting pieces off of the edges of the housing. Tried putting it in the oven 6 times. They must have used an excessive amount of glue/sealant, because I worked on a single light for about two hours and only got one side up, and busted a bunch of plastic.

SO I gave up. Threw on some sealant to seal the parts that I had opened/broke. and Called it quits. The lights look fine on my jeep, you can't tell that they I broke pieces on the sides. But I was really looking forward to my lights being painted. :mad::(

Im just gonna have to buy some after market black ones eventually.
I found some black ones on ebay that look just like stock painted black, but it says they are for 07 and wont fit my 08 model. I don't see why???
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2006-2007-JEEP-GRAND-CHEROKEE-BLACK-HEADLIGHT-HEADLIGHTS-W-REFLECTOR-/300781319351?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2007%7CMake%3AJeep%7CModel%3AGrand+Cherokee%7CSubmodel%3ALimited%7CEngine+-+Liter_Display%3A5.7L&hash=item4607f6b4b7&vxp=mtr
05 06 07 all have a flat bottom to the lights and the 08 and up are rounded

#6,343 ·
Oh man, I see now. I didn't notice that before.

I really wish they had a set like that for 08+ models. They look just like stock, only black.

But the only ones that I can find for mine, are all ones with LED's and CCFL rings and stuff. I cant find just and aftermarket black set. :(

#6,344 ·
hxdrummerxc said:
Oh man, I see now. I didn't notice that before.

I really wish they had a set like that for 08+ models. They look just like stock, only black.

But the only ones that I can find for mine, are all ones with LED's and CCFL rings and stuff. I cant find just and aftermarket black set. :(
Buy a a set of aftermarket ones and take the apart they're a lot easier the stock sets

#6,345 ·
That's a good idea. Ill probably just end up doing that.

I bought all new bulbs and that window weld, before my project. Spent about $100 on all of that. Ill probably have to wait a few weeks before I can get a set of aftermarket ones.... Gotta love paying for college, a vehicle, and a wedding. :):shhh::eek:

#6,352 ·
LilOmelet said:
I highly suggest the new dupli-color bed liner instead of plasti-dip. It is sooo much more durable, so you'll only have to do it once. I don't know if I would put it on the wheels though, it is pretty heavy and probably won't turn out as well as normal spray paint.
I used bedliner on my off road wheels and they turned out great and have held up wonderfully!

#6,354 ·
Haha, thanks for throwing that one in my face brother!:rofl: Dad used beadliner on his too didn't he?

#6,357 ·
just ordered my 1.25" wheel spacers. i also just replaced the tailgate support shocks and the tail glass support shocks.

#6,359 ·
How easy is it to swap out my stock fogs for the piaa fogs? Would I just have to splice some wires together?

#6,367 ·
Omelet said:
Kind of hard to see the true angle but it looks a but steep to me. What are you hub-fender measurements now? Can you throw an angle finder on the shaft the gauge it? You can always start cutting off a little bit of the coil until you get the desired height/angle. I cut a full coil off mine but you could start by just cutting half and go from there.
The front only dropped 0,3" the hub to fender measurement in the front are 26,2" I will cut half of a coil it should drop 0,5"

#6,372 ·
New plugs, new hood strut, new glove box latch, cleaned tb, new rear calipers.

I sent my wife to the junkyard with the ratchet, socket and instructions on how to pull the glove box latch that i needed. The yard guy was busy and bothered by the "girl" asking for parts, told her if she wanted it she'd have to pull it herself. She was back in 10 minutes with the part. The were so impressed she got the part for free. Guess who I'm sending for the next part I need??? Lol

#6,373 ·
New plugs, new hood strut, new glove box latch, cleaned tb, new rear calipers.

I sent my wife to the junkyard with the ratchet, socket and instructions on how to pull the glove box latch that i needed. The yard guy was busy and bothered by the "girl" asking for parts, told her if she wanted it she'd have to pull it herself. She was back in 10 minutes with the part. The were so impressed she got the part for free. Guess who I'm sending for the next part I need??? Lol
Wow, that too funny. I need to try that.

#6,374 ·
Washed it and noticed one of my fog light housing covers was cracked. Anyone know where/if you can order just the clear plastic that covers the fog lights? I'd rather not replace the whole housing unless i have to.

#6,375 ·
The housings really aren't expensive. $20 or so on amazon for a pair. So if the other is weathered maybe just buy two new ones? Just food for thought