What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Tags
radiator
2M views 19K replies 1K participants last post by  99sajeep 
#1 · (Edited)
Deleted

#6,204 ·
mattydipps said:
It took me seriously the first time out of the oven they came right apart iwas so suprised I couldn't believe it..

I think instead of waiting for mid week for the LEDs to come i might as well run to pep boys and grab some today and finish it up
Hey matt are you gonna be doing what Jon did to his with just the single led in each housing?

#6,205 ·
christiang26 said:
thanks Omelet, i don't know why but the superlift came with jba rear spring, and yes is a custom 2.5" rear aluminum spacer i moded the superlif with ome hd front and the custom rear spacer, she is siting on 32 tires.
I'm considering a SL but want to do it right the first time, how big of a spacer did you put in front and what is the overall gain in vehicle height? How does it ride?

#6,207 ·
BobG97 said:
I'm considering a SL but want to do it right the first time, how big of a spacer did you put in front and what is the overall gain in vehicle height? How does it ride?
I moded the superlift with a ome hd spring in the front, and got a custom 2,5 spacer on top of the jba rear 4" spring I have 6,5" of lift in the front and 6,5" in the rear. I can't tell you right now how she rides because the install isn't ready, but I am having a clunking sound in the rear that I think that it should be clear with some washers in the rear shocks. I will let you know how she rides as soon as the install is ready.

#6,208 ·
I have had my jeep for about a month, and I already have the "jeep bug".

I finally began the process of blacking it out.

I started with the grille this weekend. Blacked out the chrome with plasti dip. Next weekend Im probably going to tackle the headlights.

First de-chroming it. Then the lift & wheels/tires whenever I get the money.

Before

During

After

#6,212 ·
toycam said:
I'm worried that the plastidip isn't as durable as I'd hoped. It seems like it will chip and peel over time. I'll probably end up taking it off and using spray paint next time.
Me too, after one day on the rims mine started to peal. I didn't do a very good job cleaning the crevices tho so that's why. The grill should hold up better but I just picked up some dupli-color bed liner to redo the rims since now I know I really like them.

#6,217 ·
christiang26 said:
I moded the superlift with a ome hd spring in the front, and got a custom 2,5 spacer on top of the jba rear 4" spring I have 6,5" of lift in the front and 6,5" in the rear. I can't tell you right now how she rides because the install isn't ready, but I am having a clunking sound in the rear that I think that it should be clear with some washers in the rear shocks. I will let you know how she rides as soon as the install is ready.
Nice set up! So what are your final hub to fender measurements? Are you using the OME struts too?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using JeepForum

#6,228 ·
Changes in ambient air temps and barometric pressure will affect ride height due to it's effect on the shocks compression and ability rebound. Measuring before a ride and after a ride will result in a difference as well(hot vs cold). Everyone take a measurement first thing on a cold morning and then later that afternoon, you will see a 1/4 to 1/2 inch difference in height. Even the most expensive gas shocks with remote reservoirs can be affected by temps.

#6,230 ·
Its about time!!! :thumbsup:

partlowr said:
Changes in ambient air temps and barometric pressure will affect ride height due to it's effect on the shocks compression and ability rebound. Measuring before a ride and after a ride will result in a difference as well(hot vs cold). Everyone take a measurement first thing on a cold morning and then later that afternoon, you will see a 1/4 to 1/2 inch difference in height. Even the most expensive gas shocks with remote reservoirs can be affected by temps.
Haha! Apparently I should have laid the sarcasm on a little thicker! :D

#6,231 ·
Great service from kolak! I just ordered a set of front bilsteins and stillen rotors/pads for all 4 corners

#6,234 ·
06WKHEMI said:
Great service from kolak! I just ordered a set of front bilsteins and stillen rotors/pads for all 4 corners
Sounds awesome man. I need to do the same exact thing.

#6,235 ·
sfountain224 said:
Girlfriend got hit head on by a drunk driver. Not to thrilled but glad she is okay and had the lift and tires, car went right underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Owch man really glad things are alright I truly am. So no injuries on her? The jeep isn't totaled or anything is it? Best of wishes.