What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 185 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-07-2012, 07:36 AM   #2761
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07wkman View Post
^^ LINE X color matches
Nice!

Unread 02-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #2762
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
^^ LINE X color matches
For a pretty penny.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #2763
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHill11 View Post
Thank you! Yeah I not a fan a chrome so i got it. It looks 100x better! Now I just need to paint the chrome molding on my doors to match my wheels!
You getting rid of the chrome wheels?

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #2764
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

for those of you with bigger tires and/or wheel spacers, do you notice a lot more chips in the paint from rocks being thrown up?
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #2765
JeepN4KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post
for those of you with bigger tires and/or wheel spacers, do you notice a lot more chips in the paint from rocks being thrown up?
No - not really. I do notice the WK gets dirtier more readily.

What did I do to the WK today? Cleaned and recharged the K&N drop-in.
I also wimped out and decided to schedule the 60K mile transmission fluid/filter change at the dealer tomorrow morning. I got a coupon in the mail last week for a discount on service so all told it's gonna run me about $200.
Pricing out the filters and fluid I was looking at $109, not including a couple tools I'd need to pick up to complete the job. Ordinarily I do all the maintenance on it but I figure for 90 bucks I'll let somebody else get messy in somebody else's garage and I don't have to beat myself up if I have a bad seal or whatever else could come up.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #2766
07wkman
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
For a pretty penny.
I've never done it but i wonder if you could use the store bought bed liner and just get color matched paint and paint over it? something to test out. hmmm
07wkman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #2767
07wkman
2007 WK 

Quote:
No - not really. I do notice the WK gets dirtier more readily.

What did I do to the WK today? Cleaned and recharged the K&N drop-in.
I also wimped out and decided to schedule the 60K mile transmission fluid/filter change at the dealer tomorrow morning. I got a coupon in the mail last week for a discount on service so all told it's gonna run me about $200.
Pricing out the filters and fluid I was looking at $109, not including a couple tools I'd need to pick up to complete the job. Ordinarily I do all the maintenance on it but I figure for 90 bucks I'll let somebody else get messy in somebody else's garage and I don't have to beat myself up if I have a bad seal or whatever else could come up.
so those tires don't pick stones up too bad? i was looking at getting them once i get my OME HD on. i'm gettin spacers too and wondered the same thing about paint chips on the rockers and doors
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #2768
JeepN4KC

Quote:
I've never done it but i wonder if you could use the store bought bed liner and just get color matched paint and paint over it? something to test out. hmmm
Somebody - one of the vendors on here, maybe Monstaliner, offers a product like that.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #2769
JeepN4KC

Quote:
so those tires don't pick stones up too bad? i was looking at getting them once i get my OME HD on. i'm gettin spacers too and wondered the same thing about paint chips on the rockers and doors
Honestly, I think the outside shoulder of the tire has big enough gaps in the tread lugs that they don't really "pick up and throw" many rocks up the sides.
Most any of the rocks I pick out of the tread are more in the middle of the tire.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #2770
07wkman
2007 WK 

Quote:
Honestly, I think the outside shoulder of the tire has big enough gaps in the tread lugs that they don't really "pick up and throw" many rocks up the sides.
Most any of the rocks I pick out of the tread are more in the middle of the tire.
ok i was just worried because my cummins has 35" BFG all terrains and they throw stones like crazy
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #2771
JHill11
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99

You getting rid of the chrome wheels?
Yes sir! Pm me and all give you all the info
JHill11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #2772
snow99dohc
2007 WK 

Put on the light bar with the hellas, Rigid 10" going in the middle on Friday. Also added an Airaid filter and box to the Jr. kit I had installed. Alot deeper and throaty exhaust note at WOT now.

XK/WK OWNERS GROUP #5
snow99dohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #2773
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

Changed crd oil filter. Tried Wix. Leaked.

Changed serpentine belt. Place curse on all engineers, designers, supervisors, managers, he guy who finally approved the crd, and the Jeep jerk who decided to put it in a jeep.
07 Steel Blue Overland CRD QDII | Bilsteins | 4xguard Matrix | Rear SRT8 SwayBar | DashHawk w/egt | Provent | MBRP XP Exhaust | New Intake Tube & Seal + EHM | Alternator Splash Guard | Crank Sensor | GPS AL InMotion Hack | Swirl motor bypass | Fuelly.com - wookiee | Blue WK Club Member #13 | 100,000 Mile Club | Dogpiled Club | flashpaq 3872 for those no 4-low days |
wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #2774
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

finally finished installing my volant:
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #2775
SCD23x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post
finally finished installing my volant:
Looks good man.

Just curious, why go with this over a K&N Tube or similar?
SCD23x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.